Canon question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canon question
 PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:14 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

hi guys, Im having a major canon issue here that I hope someone can help me with.

In ep. I (yes, i suffered through the entire movie for the first time in nearly a decade just to make sure there was an issue) Yoda and Windu state to Qui gon that the Sith have been extinct for a millenium. Later at Quigon's funeral, Yoda states to Windu that there are always two Sith, indicating knowledge of the Rule of Two. This is all well and good.

Until the Darth Bane books. The second book pretty clearly states at the end that the Jedi are convinced That the sith are dead, but there is no mention of their knowledge of the rule of Two. I doublechecked on wookiepedia, and Darth Bane is born in 1026 BBY, and that there is no Jedi contact with the Sith.

Question: have I missed something? If not, how is this canonity issue resolved? The way I see it, unless another story right at this time states further Sith contact, at least part of the Darth Bane book cannot be Canon, assuming you actually consider Ep I canon (im sure theres a few fans out there that would wish that phantom menace would dissapear)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:35 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

First of all, welcome to the forums.

I'm pretty sure that there is a thread somewhere on the forum called "did Yoda know about the Rule of Two", just search for it.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:38 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

It's here - http://www.eucantina.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1402

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:35 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Ive thought about this further and I think Yoda may have in his long life come across maybe a Sith artifact belonging maybe to Bane that explains the Rule Of Two and the reasons behind it.

Yoda would want to know everything possible about the Jedis greatest enemy. To prepare future Jedi generations for the possible return of the Sith

But that hasnt been confirmed yet.

Re: Canon question
 PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:46 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Countergod wrote:
hi guys, Im having a major canon issue here that I hope someone can help me with.

In ep. I (yes, i suffered through the entire movie for the first time in nearly a decade just to make sure there was an issue) Yoda and Windu state to Qui gon that the Sith have been extinct for a millenium. Later at Quigon's funeral, Yoda states to Windu that there are always two Sith, indicating knowledge of the Rule of Two. This is all well and good.

Until the Darth Bane books. The second book pretty clearly states at the end that the Jedi are convinced That the sith are dead, but there is no mention of their knowledge of the rule of Two. I doublechecked on wookiepedia, and Darth Bane is born in 1026 BBY, and that there is no Jedi contact with the Sith.

Question: have I missed something? If not, how is this canonity issue resolved? The way I see it, unless another story right at this time states further Sith contact, at least part of the Darth Bane book cannot be Canon, assuming you actually consider Ep I canon (im sure theres a few fans out there that would wish that phantom menace would dissapear)

It happens later- either Darth Millienual (sp) or another one of Banes Line gets themselves discovered, but the other Sith covered it up.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It's Darth Millennial. Like millennium.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:56 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Wow, thanks guys, i wasnt expecting an answer so quickly xD and yea that sort of clears it up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 1 of 1