S4 - Episode 12: "Slaves of the Republic"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
S4 - Episode 12: "Slaves of the Republic"
 PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote  

Season 4 - Episode 12: Slaves of the Republic
Airs: December 2, 2011 at 8:00 PM ET/7:00 PM CT
Replays: December 3, 2011 at 8:00 AM ET/7:00 AM CT
Summary: To locate the missing colonists, Anakin, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka go undercover to infiltrate the slavers on Zygerria. Anakin struggles with his emotions as a wily Zygerrian queen forces him to take questionable actions in order to carry out his mission.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:25 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Pretty good episode.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:35 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

This is the first (and only) episode I've watched of the new season. I enjoyed the back-and-forth banter between Anakin Skywalker and the Queen, and of course, Anakin and Obi-Wan. Smile Can't wait to see more Star Wars meets Gladiator next week!

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:22 pm Reply with quote  

Does anyone else think the Queen looks like a regurgitated version of Satine? It's just a bit too similar. That aside, I thought this was another good episode. It had action, twists, and a nice little character storyline going. I'd like to see how they get out of this. I can't really see any other solution than killing the queen, but the Jedi seem very hard pressed to avoiding that. It was the one thing I didn't understand: how did they hope to complete their mission? Did they really think they could force the Queen to let all the prisoners go?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Does anyone else think the Queen looks like a regurgitated version of Satine?
Laughing You're right.

Great episode! I think retelling a story from the comics is a great move. Loving these episodes so far.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The episodes are getting much better, but holy crap this was depressing. Freaking Twilek killed herself...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 1