2nd Assistant News Reporter (Open)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Jobs View previous topic :: View next topic  
2nd Assistant News Reporter (Open)
 PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:16 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Requirements:
- Must speak English fluently.
- Must be at least 17 years of age.
- Must be willing to post well written news articles on Expanded Universe novels, comics, games, and media.
- Must go through training with head news poster and be willing to quickly pick up posting methods.
- Must submit three paragraph example of writing; preferably as if reporting a fictional piece of news.
- Must be knowledgeable in the Expanded Universe, Star Wars publishing, and upcoming Star Wars releases.
- Must be willing to come to monthly staff meetings.

Not required, but helpful -

- Experience with Wordpress.
- Experience with Facebook and Twitter.

Please confirm in an email to staff@eucantina.net that you are capable of doing the above required things. Also include your name, forum handle, and the amount of time you are able to spend online each day.

This is a difficult job. We are not looking for someone who can occasionally post about news if they happen to see it, or when they find some free time a day later. We're looking for an extremely devoted person who would be capable and willing to post news at any time, as often as necessary. You will be asked to constantly watch for news being announced on other websites, and even to look for news yourself through websites that don't publicize news (for example: searching the Random House catalog for updates to Star Wars book listings).

Last edited by Old Master Ben on Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:27 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Id like to but I wont be able to attend meetings so it might rule me out.

Ive also just joined so I dont want to step on anyones toes who might want the role.

Id like to be a moderator eventually.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:58 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

darthrevan1 wrote:

Ive also just joined so I dont want to step on anyones toes who might want the role.

So you know Revan- our staff meetings are through Skype (A free program)- so you don't have to physically attend a meeting, just be available when you can- when you can't the details can be emailed to you. That's how we typically roll with the meetings.

Moderator- if we ever find our forums in a place where we need another or more Mods we'll keep you in mind.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:31 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
darthrevan1 wrote:

So you know Revan- our staff meetings are through Skype (A free program)- so you don't have to physically attend a meeting, just be available when you can- when you can't the details can be emailed to you. That's how we typically roll with the meetings.

Moderator- if we ever find our forums in a place where we need another or more Mods we'll keep you in mind.

Thank you that would be great

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:42 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I won't be able to do this until next year, but if there are Skype meetings, I'd definitely be up for it. I'm in the UK, will this matter? I might want to be a mod eventually too, but I want to kind of get a bit more experience and fit in a bit more before I start telling people what to do!

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:41 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

DannikJerriko wrote:
I won't be able to do this until next year, but if there are Skype meetings, I'd definitely be up for it. I'm in the UK, will this matter? I might want to be a mod eventually too, but I want to kind of get a bit more experience and fit in a bit more before I start telling people what to do!

Well to be clear- at the moment we've no need for more mods. But if we ever do we'll keep your interests in mind- if we do expect a similar thread like this to be posted by one of us admins. You can then post interest in that job there. But I wouldn't expect to see that position opening soon. But for the reporter. I'll check with OMB about the UK- I don't see it causing an issue personally but we'll let you know.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
DannikJerriko wrote:

Well to be clear- at the moment we've no need for more mods. But if we ever do we'll keep your interests in mind- if we do expect a similar thread like this to be posted by one of us admins. You can then post interest in that job there. But I wouldn't expect to see that position opening soon. But for the reporter. I'll check with OMB about the UK- I don't see it causing an issue personally but we'll let you know.

Thanks, and I did understand about there not being any mod positions, I just wanted to put my name out there (sorry if that's off topic or derailing the thread) anyway. Doing something like this does interest me and I will consider it in the future

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:08 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

DannikJerriko wrote:
illogicalRogue2 wrote:
DannikJerriko wrote:

Thanks, and I did understand about there not being any mod positions, I just wanted to put my name out there (sorry if that's off topic or derailing the thread) anyway. Doing something like this does interest me and I will consider it in the future

Yes I would like to be considered for a Mod role if it came up

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:41 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I have Skype too so it wont be an issue.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:13 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

This position is still open. We're trying to fill it as quickly as possible.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:26 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: Planet Spacoid, (if you look it up on facebook, you will find it)

I want the job but I'm not old enough. I'm only fourteen

Page 1 of 1