Darth Maul will be in Season 4!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I wonder if they had to kill Boba Fett in order to maintain balance now that Maul is alive. Cool

I. Would. Be. So. Mad.

Sleep with one eye open, George.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:08 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I'm just not a fan of bringing people back to life. Not just in Star Wars, but in the broader Sci-Fi and Fantasy stories.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Re: My opinion ........
 PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:19 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Crash Override wrote:
They're pretty much cockroaches.

Kal_Skirata wrote:
if Darth Maul can come back - Even Piell has a chance! Laughing

@Crash: Laughing

@Kal: Extremely cheesy, but still Laughing.

Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

http://theforce.net/swtv/story/Rumor_Alert_Sam_Witwer_To_Return_To_TCW_141194.asp

I cannot conceive of a character that would be huge other than Darth Maul (except maybe Thrawn).

If it is Maul, this suggests he'll be a recurring antagonist, which should be interesting. I will agree with resurrecting Maul is a bad idea if he's only in one trilogy. He should be utilized extensively.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:58 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've decided I'm going to stop complaining until I see how Maul's return is handled. I'm 90% sure its unnecessary and will wind up as nothing less than ridiculous but I can't go into the episodes with that attitude. If my fears are realized I'll continue my rant but until then I'll try to clear my head so I can go into this with an open mind.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So now Obi-Wan has mistakenly believed he's killed two Sith Lords. He's not a finisher. "Sith Lords are our speciality" my butt.

Assuming Obi-Wan kills Maul and/or Opress, and/or Anakin does, that line would actually make sense now though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:35 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Rolling Eyes

Another useless villain brought back from the dead. Now everyone's going to worship Maul like they did Boba Fett when he was brought back. You went too far, Lucas.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Im always pretty hard on the TCW f**king with continuity, but this really goes a step too far, even for Omnipotent-George.

Seriously. He got Cut. In. Half! and then tossed into a REACTOR CORE!

There is no way that you survive that.

Though I suppose Lucas decided he wanted that Infinites story where Maul attacks Baby Luke on tatooine and Obi-Wan kills him AGAIN to be canon.

SIGH.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:42 pm Reply with quote  

Okay, Episode I canon aside, there is a good point: we get to see Maul die again Very Happy

So how does everyone want to see Maul die this time?

Obi-Wan got the last kill, and I don't want to see Anakin get the kill (though that would be a funny nod to the comics where Vader fights Maul). Part of me, the Boba Fett worshiping part Laughing , would like to see Fett kill Maul. Ridiculous, yes, but hey, so is bringing Maul back. Why not use it as an opportunity to show why Fett is such a badass. Have him, as a teenager, kill a Sith Lord. Instant notoriety. And think of the headline "Fett versus Maul" it's sure to get fanboys screaming.

Now since it would be pretty silly, I'd be willing to let Cad Bane get the kill instead. He could use a bump, and we haven't seen him for a while.

More realistically, some Jedi will kill Maul, probably Anakin or Obi-Wan...but what about Ahsoka? She could kill Maul and get promoted to Jedi Knight.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think Obi-Wan should get to kill Maul again.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth_Henning wrote:
Seriously. He got Cut. In. Half! and then tossed into a REACTOR CORE!

There is no way that you survive that.

The Dark Side is the path to many abilities some might consider to be unnatural.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Obi-Wan should get to kill Maul again. It's only right because making Maul not-dead robs poor Obi-Wan of the coolness factor. Sad

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
I'm just not a fan of bringing people back to life. Not just in Star Wars, but in the broader Sci-Fi and Fantasy stories.

You don't read comic books, do you, my friend? Smile

They used to have a rule that 3 people in comics could not be resurrected under any circumstances: Bucky, Jason Todd, and Uncle Ben, the reason being that those deaths were major factors for the characters of Captain America, Batman, and Spider-Man, respectively.

Despite that rule, Bucky and Jason Todd are alive and well.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Haha. Beyond a small number of Star Wars comics (and The Simpsons comics in my earlier years) I haven't read any comics, no.

So how long do you think Uncle Ben will last? Laughing
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:13 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
Haha. Beyond a small number of Star Wars comics (and The Simpsons comics in my earlier years) I haven't read any comics, no.

So how long do you think Uncle Ben will last? Laughing

Spidey: You mean Uncle Ben was alive the WHOLE TIME? Huh. I guess there are no consequences to my actions. With great power, there must also come great PARTAYS!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 3 of 6