Zombie Apocalypse: Cantina Style
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:58 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep reached the gas station just as the car exploded. The impact knocked him off of his feet and he landed with a clang. Embarassed, Reepicheep quickly rolled back onto his feet, hoping noone had noticed.

The unknown sniper's plan had worked. The exploding car had taken out the majority of the zombies and he had shot the remainder one by one.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:35 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus swung his knife behind his head, burying it again and again in the head of the creature holding him down, struggling against the creature as its jaws snapped and the snarling sounds remained loud in his ear. He couldn't quite find the mark

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:30 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Padme, noticing Caedus' struggle, took a few steps out of the doorway, allowing her rifle to drop to her side while she unholstered one of her pistols. Taking careful aim, she waited until Caedus noticed her approach. He rolled, giving her a shot at the creature's head. She fired.

"Let's move!

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

Last edited by Queen Padmè Skywalker on Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:39 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Pushing off the ground, Caedus ran towards Padme as she ordered movement.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:47 pm Reply with quote  

Vorn had been falling back slowly when the car exploded close enough that he could feel the heat of the fire. The initial explosion had killed all the zombies right next to it and the red hot shards of steel launched by the explosion had killed quite a few more. Taking advantage of the break in the action Vorn snatched up a scrap of newspaper, huridly dried his blades, sheathed them, drew his bow and nocked an arrow. Probably a stupid precaution but I don’t want any of that infected zombie gunk getting into the scabbards and then infecting me later. We’ll see how long it is before survival necessitates throwing such precautions to the wind

Vorn reached the gas station, behind him he could hear the clattering of metal plates and assumed Reep wasn’t too far behind.

Brilliant idea blowing up that car. Unless one of you has a flare you forgot to mention I guess this means we have a guardian angel that likes pyrotechnics watching over us.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:55 pm Reply with quote  

Sitting at the bar, sipping my screwdriver, I could hear explosions in the distance. Whatever the recon team was getting into sounded heavy, but so far no one had called in on the walky-talky for backup.

I took another look at the two guns laid on the bar. The AUG assault rifle didn't work too well on the giant zombie. Nor did the sniper rifle. I couldn't be sure if there were any more zombs like that out there, but the nagging thought was bothering me.

It was time to break out the big guns.

I walk over to my duffel bag still spilled out on one of the cantina tables. Midway across the room, I heard a loud thump on the door.

I looked over at Life, who just shrugged.

I pulled out my Taurus Judge from it's holster and cautiously approached the door. The cantina had some nice, thick oak doors with no windows. The fancy brass door handles were big loops, perfect for sliding a bar through. Rather than taking the bar out and peeking outside, I went over to the nearest window which was only halfway boarded up. Standing on a chair I looked out.

"Stang. There's a walker out there. I think it wants a drink."

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

'Joy of joys. And I was getting bored, too.' I say sarcastically, my voice a harsh whisper. I amble quietly over to the bar to pick up my rifle and sling it over my shoulder. I heft my makeshift spear. Even though it's been cleaned thoroughly, I'm still hesitant to hold it. It would just take an infected papercut to turn me, after all.

I make my way over to the window, peering over Skuldren's shoulder. I see just one, though I'm not afforded the best view and others could be out there.

'There's just one. I say we take him out before one becomes one hundred.' I grumble. 'This needs to be done quietly. Open the door and I'll pin him, hold his arms. You come out and finish him off. Do you have a knife? Unless you want to use the butt of your revolver.'
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:14 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Fate watched the explosion with a sense of accomplishment and fear. He hoped that he hadn't harmed any of the individuals of the group. The explosion had killed everything within its immediate area and its shock wave had knocked most of the other zombies off of their feet, as their balance is not exceptional. The members of the group managed to stay on their feet or recover quickly and were making towards the station with good speed. as soon as the last individual vanished from sight Fate ran over to the hole in the roof and hoped down into his home.

Not knowing whether or not he would be returning, he strapped the sniper to his back, holstered his combat knife, found his duffel bag and began filling it. His MP5 and Katana went in as well as as much ammo that he could carry and a few bricks of C4 that he had swiped from a military safehouse just outside of town. Looking around the room, he tried to decide if there was anything else taking. He grabbed some bottles of clean water and a box of energy bars, stowing them in the duffel, and began to make his way toward another makeshift hole, this one on the floor, that would take him to the exit of the building. Feeling suddenly sentimental, he quickly swiped the picture of those he cared most about from the side table of his bed, tucking it safely in a pocket under his armor and lowered himself down the hole without a backward glance.

Fate quickly worked his way out of the building via a fire escape that was accessible from the second floor of the apartment complex. As soon as his feet hit the ground he dashed towards the backdoor of the station, unnoticed by the few remaining zombies, and slipped inside.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:05 pm Reply with quote  

"Yeah, I got a knife. Less than enthusiastic about this idea, I walked over to the door and unclasped my knife in its sheath on my belt. I glanced over and made sure Life was ready, then pulled the bar out that was securing the door.

The zombie outside stopped banging, and it only made me feel more uneasy. What could possibly go wrong...

Not wanting to entertain the idea, I opened the door.

Standing there on the steps with a half glaze look was a olive colored zombie that smelled of rotten tomatoes.

"That's a ripe one." I laughed.

The zombie was sluggish and didn't seem inclined to rush us. It stood there almost as in amazement. "Look at it. Dang thing can't believe we opened the doors to let it in. Maybe it's got half a brain still."

As in answer, it looked over sharply at me and decided to lunge. I jumped back and pulled my knife. "Guess play time is over." I dodged another lumbering attack. "Pin this thing, Life."

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:58 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

As Skuldren dodges the Walker's wild lunge, I swing the butt of my spear into its face, hard, driving it back. The soft flesh of its nose gives way with sickening crunch. Flipping the metal rod, I thrust it into its body with a grunt. A nauseating stench erupts from the wound, and I fight my gag reflex - it puts up a good fight - and heave with all my strength, shoving it through the door. Blood bubbles out of its wound and mouth as it lets out a wailing shriek.

It flails its arms about me, trying to claw at me, but I grit my teeth and step closer to it, its stench filling my nostrils, and shoulder barge it to the ground. My grip on the pole almost pulls me on top of it, but I somehow manage to stay upright. Shifting my weight to press down on it, I kick my leg out, trying to trap its writhing arm. The thing snarls and hisses at me, but I ignore it, as I catch it by its upper arm, pinning the limb to the ground.

'Now, Skuls!'
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:28 pm Reply with quote  

The back door of the station opened slightly but not before knocking over a stack of small oil cans Padme’ had placed there. Everyone spun around at the ready. Padme’ and Caedus leveled their guns, Vorn drew back on his bow string and Reep twirled his sword as he assumed a ready stance. A figure, a survivor, dressed in black entered.

Frakk man we almost blew your bloody head off! Vorn said in a slightly raised, mildly irritated voice as he eased back his bow string. Mainly because he hadn’t liked getting surprised like that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Padme eyed the newcomer warily, still gripping her pistol with one hand. "You're the one who blew the car, huh? Guess we owe you thanks. So...what can we do for you?"

Padme was aware she sounded a bit cold, but here in the relative safety of the station, she wanted to be absolutely certain where everyone stood. Better to get everything clear now than later.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:02 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Fate smiled appolgetically to Vorn and turned to address Padme, Couldn't help but notice the commotion taking place out there and decided to lend a helping hand. I've been holed up in the apartment building back there for a while now and your group here is the first sign of life I've seen since the last small group to try to get in here. His eys wandered over to the group of dead bodies now piled in the corner, a pained expression coming to his face. Looking at each member of the group in turn, his gaze finally rested on Padme he said, I failed to help that group out. I wasnt going to fail again. As for what happens now, I am at your service. You may call me Fate. I would be more than happy to join your little crew, but if my services are not wanted then I can return to my humble abode.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:20 am Reply with quote  

Vorn nodded. I’m Vorn, this is Padme’, Caedus, and Reep He motioned to each in turn.

He continued After that little skirmish we’d be nuts to turn away an extra gun and you may have better knowledge of the streets here. So you’re welcome to join our little party. We’re gathering supplies for the rest of our crew holed up in our safehouse so grab what you can.

Turning to the rest of the group

I think it is safe to assume that our stealth is blown and that more zombies will be on the way. Even those brain dead things can’t be stupid enough not to be attract by the sound of a car exploding. We have at best an hour and a half left of day light and carrying all these supplies will slow us down. So that leaves us with two options: grab what we can and hope that we avoid combat by sneaking through back alleys back to base in what little daylight is left or find a place to shelter for the night

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Padme pursed her lips, not overly thrilled with either option. And hour and a half to get back...while laden with supplies and attempting to slip past the zombie hordes.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm for holding out here. Trying to get back before dark just isn't practical, in my opinion,"

She glanced over at Fate and managed a small smile. "Welcome to team, by the way,"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying

Page 7 of 10