What type of stories?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  

What type of stories?
The Old Republic era
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
Classic trilogy era
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Story set between Ep III and IV
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
A Jaden Korr trilogy
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
A Talon Karrde trilogy
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
A Corran Horn story set in his Corsec days
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
A story focusing on the Chiss and the Unknown Regions
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Another Yuzzhan Vong story
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
A Bib Fortuna story set after ROTJ. What happened to him?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Story set after the Legacy Comics
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 19

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:42 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I am BAFFLED that people don't think Karrde is interesting, when in fact he is...the most interesting man in the galaxy.

(He doesn't always drink ale, but when he does, he prefers Lomin.)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Karrde is like a more conservative Han Solo. His defining moment for me -- and this might be why people think he's uninteresting -- is in Hand of Thrawn when him and Lando are coming out from the back of the Solo's apartment and Shada Dukal comes out behind them. Han and Lando draw their pistols. Karrde simply steps out of the way to give Han a clear shot.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:07 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

You know, I'd quite like a book (or small series) set in the final push from the New Republic against the Empire. As I've probably said before, I'm a big fan of the Sharpe novels, and I could see something like that in that specific setting.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:55 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Sorry guys I didnt add more options to the Poll. Apologies.

Love all the ideas being thrown around. As long as its written by a competent SW author who knows the franchise then potentially there could be a lot of stories from all eras.

But the key is that the author "knows" the era in question.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Karrde has just never interested me. I find him boring.

And for some reason the criminal-with-a-heart-of-gold thing rubs me the wrong way. Not sure why.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Crash Override wrote:
I don't think it's beneficial for Star Wars to flesh out every single inch of the timeline. The battles between Ackbar and Pellaeon happened, okay, but is there a story there? Is it going to read like a novel or a military history?

You and I are going to have to disagree on this. There are many MANY ways to write interesting stories told about a war. Doesn't have to be told from Ackbar or Pellaeon's perspectives (though I'd find that quite interesting).

Life Is The Path wrote:
You know, I'd quite like a book (or small series) set in the final push from the New Republic against the Empire. As I've probably said before, I'm a big fan of the Sharpe novels, and I could see something like that in that specific setting.

DIdn't even think of this when I first posted. Also a fan. That would be exactly what I was thinking towards though. Great way to add new characters, and still flesh out some of the majors.

Good thinking.

Crash Override wrote:

Personally, I'm liking the idea of something like Legacy, bu... Let's set something in the future of Star Wars that isn't saddled by any sort of prior continuity ...but also is completely detached by what preceded it....
nstead, go with a tabula rasa. Set it a few thousand years in the future....It doesn't need a Skywalker or need to mention Anakin Skywalker.

While I agree with that last sentence, I disagree with the rest. I prefer things to attempt to connect together in some form or other. Even Legacy was pushing it for me. I dislike the future of a story being defined before you write it. (and no, the Prequels don't count because they come before the original story - its different if its new)

Reepicheep wrote:
Karrde has just never interested me. I find him boring.

And for some reason the criminal-with-a-heart-of-gold thing rubs me the wrong way. Not sure why.

I don't dislike him, but he's not compelling. A great 2nd string character, not great to build a novel around IMHO.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:53 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

A trilogy of books set after the Legacy books could be interesting too. It wouldnt have a skywalker or solo and could create brand new characters for fans to get behind

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 3 of 3