General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
General Discussion
 PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:53 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I'm petty sure this is allowed, as there isn't one, and I think it would be a good idea.

This thread will be a place to ask questions, put out ideas co so on. What you'd like to see in the show, how you'd like characters to develop what you think Filoni should do, maybe episode ideas.

I have a question and an idea.

Question - I say co episode set on Ryloth And there was a Jedi Master (who died) called what I think sounded like "Master Dye" and I just kinda want to know who he is.

Idea - Who would like to see A'Sharad Hett to make an appearance? Assuming no continuity would be wrecked, and he is portrayed like he is in every other source. It could be a nice nod to the EU and could be in his own episode, maybe with Ki-Adi Mundi. They could even make indirect references to Krayt and stuff.

DISCLAIMER - This is not a thread dedicated to the episode "The General"

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:28 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

His name is Ima-Gun Di (as in 'I'm-a gonna die') and he was made solely for that episode, solely to die.

I've never read the Republic comic series, so I've no opinion on Hett. Might be good, though admittedly I do worry about whether or not things might be messed up for the sake of a good story.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:26 pm Reply with quote  

Guess you didn't read the Legacy comics either. Hett was in those, too.

I'd like to see him make an appearance. It would be cool to eventually see each member of the Jedi council have an episode of their own.

In keeping with the general nature of this thread, I think Season 4 is off to a really good start so far. Not one bad episode yet.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:09 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Kit Fisto kind of had his own episode in what I think was series 1, where he discovers Greivous' lair.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

i'm all for seeing K'Kruck, but Lucas would probably try to kill him off and burn the hat.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Guess you didn't read the Legacy comics either. Hett was in those, too.

I'd like to see him make an appearance. It would be cool to eventually see each member of the Jedi council have an episode of their own.

In keeping with the general nature of this thread, I think Season 4 is off to a really good start so far. Not one bad episode yet.

No, no, I've read the Legacy comics. I meant that I've not read the Republic era Hett, and so I've no interest in seeing him in that era - but that I do worry about him being killed off, and thus not being around for the Legacy comics, as I'd alluded to with the sentence 'Might be good, though admittedly I do worry about whether or not things might be messed up for the sake of a good story'. Were this TV series set in the Legacy era, I'd be more than happy to see him make an appearance (though given the events in Legacy, having him turn up in the show would be a given).
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:58 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth_Henning wrote:
i'm all for seeing K'Kruck, but Lucas would probably try to kill him off and burn the hat.

K'kruhk's died many a time, though. He can survive Lucas Laughing

And the hat is the source of his remarkable healing, so of course the hat would survive anything.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:31 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

OK, what I'm about to say is very ill-researched so forgive me if I say something stupid.

Why is it in TCW that Aurra Sing never demonstrates her Force-sensitivity? And she doesn't have her lightsabre collection either... She seems like she's just thrown in as "a bounty hunter", not Aurra Sing with any of her background.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:58 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

When does Sing utilise extrovert Force techniques? I don't know, as I've only seen her here or there in various books, but I don't recall any visible demonstrations of Force abilities.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:22 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Life Is The Path wrote:
When does Sing utilise extrovert Force techniques? I don't know, as I've only seen her here or there in various books, but I don't recall any visible demonstrations of Force abilities.

She does in Outlander. There's a bit where she uses the Force to make a Trandoshan smash himself in the face with a frying-pan. She also uses the Force to pick up and fling some rocks a Sharad Hett.

Maybe these weren't the Force, just some power attributed to her species?

Edit - It does seem clear that she is Force sensitive.

The Wook wrote:
During her youth, she was also noted for being very aggressive, and therefore the Jedi Council placed her under the instruction of An'ya Kuro. However, Sing hated Kuro, possibly because she used brutal and, to some, disturbing training methods, and she quickly believed that the Jedi Master had abandoned her when she was captured by pirates and thus turned to the dark side.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That probably was a display of the Force, but if that's the only (or even one of the few) times she's done that, then I'm not entirely bothered by her lack of using the Force. As to the lightsabres, her Wook page states that her lightsabres were taken after being captured by Aayla Secura. Now, my interests primarily lay away from this era, so I don't know a lot about what's been happening, but it's possible that the CW episodes happened after her capture, and thus explaining why she didn't have them. Or she could simply have sent them away to be cleaned and polished.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:57 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I'd just like to say how annoying it can be. There's an episode where Obi-wan, Anakin and Dooku are captured by pirates and chained together. The way they interact with each other annoys me to no end. They talk to each other as if they're old college frenemies. Anyway. Just wanted to say.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

For UK viewers, season 4 started yesterday on Cartoon Network. It seems like the channel is airing the show one episode a day, since the second episode is on at the same time today (10am and repeated at 6pm).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:22 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Life Is The Path wrote:
For UK viewers, season 4 started yesterday on Cartoon Network. It seems like the channel is airing the show one episode a day, since the second episode is on at the same time today (10am and repeated at 6pm).

Thanks, I'm gonna try to watch it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:47 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Personally I think that bringing Darth Maul into TCW was stupid especially with the whole revenge thing. TCW is meant to be a kids show and those episodes would not be very good for kids.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 3