Jedi Religion Books?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Religion Books?
 PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:11 am Reply with quote  

So I went to amazon and searched for The Jedi Path, but my search brought up some other books that caught my eye. There was one title Jedi Manual Intermediate, The Path of Truth. I checked it out because I'd never heard of this book before and was wondering what it was. Go figure, it's a book about that Jedi Religion cult, or rather a book by them. They've got one or two other books as well with bad reviews. I know we mentioned this Jedi Religion in a thread somewhere else, but I wasn't aware that they actually had books. Figured I'd mention it.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:21 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I don't know if you guys know this, but in Britain we have a consensus where the government sends out a form where you fill out your occupation, ethnicity, religion etc and in 2001 some people filled out their religion as Jedi. Now, this makes me think; claiming you are a "Jedi" doesn't alwaysy have to mean "I have magical powers and I can travel into outer space" I thought it could simply mean Jedi as a congregation based around a love for Star Wars.

Just a disclaimer: I'm not involved in any SW cults or groups or anything (unless you count this), I'm quite a quiet fan.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The first negative review on Amazon seems to be because it's not canon and the second negative review seems to be because it contradicts the Bible.

I saw a similar book on Amazon a while back and I'm guessing it's a different one because this one was published this year, and I think it's interesting both from the perspective of gaining insight into the Force and Jedi philosophy in the SW universe through extrapolating information in the films and novels, and also as a way to become introduced into Taoist and Buddhist ideas through something you can relate to (Star Wars).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:22 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

DannikJerriko wrote:
I don't know if you guys know this, but in Britain we have a consensus where the government sends out a form where you fill out your occupation, ethnicity, religion etc and in 2001 some people filled out their religion as Jedi. Now, this makes me think; claiming you are a "Jedi" doesn't alwaysy have to mean "I have magical powers and I can travel into outer space" I thought it could simply mean Jedi as a congregation based around a love for Star Wars.

Just a disclaimer: I'm not involved in any SW cults or groups or anything (unless you count this), I'm quite a quiet fan.

At the last census about 30% of the population put Jedi as a religion which is a crazy amount. I think its hilarious though.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:52 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I don't know the exact numbers, but there were enough in both Canada and the States (possibly UK too) that it now qualifies as an official religion on the cencus (cenci?).

I'm almost curious to get this book to see what exactly is in it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth_Henning wrote:
I don't know the exact numbers, but there were enough in both Canada and the States (possibly UK too) that it now qualifies as an official religion on the cencus (cenci?).

I think I can probably imagine what it would be in it. Not interrested in that kind of stuff.
If the need arises I'll just pick up my copy of Jedi vs. Sith TeGTTF or The Jedi Path. Wink

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:25 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Lord Ree'dius wrote:
Darth_Henning wrote:

I think I can probably imagine what it would be in it. Not interrested in that kind of stuff.
If the need arises I'll just pick up my copy of Jedi vs. Sith TeGTTF or The Jedi Path. Wink

Sounds like a better option

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 1