RPG Anyone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

If you want to join in then that's fine by me Smile .
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:30 pm Reply with quote  

Perhaps I shall rejoin. Have to read up on what happened since I last posted. Hope no one turned me into a Gungan. Laughing

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:17 pm Reply with quote  

Great guys, I've also heard from Mara and she's expressed interest in rejoining once her finals are over as well. So that just leaves IR2.

@darthrevan1 this means things are looking very good for a revival of the RPG. So you can start cooking up a character for the expedition. (we'll figure out how to fit you in once you've gotten your character set up). I would recommend looking through the story thus far to get an idea of what is going on (linked in my previous post). This thread provides a timeline and also a background of each character in the RPG: http://www.eucantina.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1191

The common characters in use are Jedi, non-force user so a character along those lines will have the greatest ability to interact with the rest of the characters in a non-combat situation. We have a two Sith (only 1 currently being played) so you are free to do that or create a non-force using bad guy if you so desire though.

the rules are that any new characters have to be approved by a majority vote of the current players (to avoid things like adding too many bad guys or a character that has no shot in fitting into the story). So when you have a character set up post it in the following thread and we will discuss it there: http://www.eucantina.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=318

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:31 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yep, I'm down!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:03 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Has my character been accepted? Wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:16 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Id be interested in peoples thoughts of my story so far

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:56 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

What would everyone think of doing a Darth Elmo RPG?

It would work really well as a short wild-west type RPG.

If people think it's a good idea, I'll start it and hopefully there won't be much chat activity overnight as I'm on my phone and I want to copy and paste this evening's Darth Elmo chat onto Word for later but I can't (because I'm on my phone).

So let me know what you think and I'll try to come up with some ideas to flesh it out. If no one wants to, I'll just write it myself and put it in The Library.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I fear the actual Darth Elmo's fury if we were to make him into a game.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:09 pm Reply with quote  

Just testing the waters, but would anyone be interested in a more informal Role Playing thread? One where any can join or drop when they want, and there's less pressure on continuity?

The idea would be we pick a setting, and people can pop in and out of the setting as they please. For instance the bar in Mos Eisley. You walk in, get a drink, cut someone's arm off, business as usual.

Now the settings could change, but each setting should allow for a crowd to be present. If there's space travel, it should be on a public transport with lots of people on board. If we go somewhere, it should be a public event or public place. Could be Jabba's Palace or a concert on Coruscant.

The main objective would be to keep it fun, and to allow everyone to play without anyone having to read every post in the thread. If you read the previous three posts, you should be good.

If anyone's interested, post here. If there's enough interest, I'll kick this thing off.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:43 pm Reply with quote  

I like the idea, we could effecitvely restart the Jedi Expidition thread this way. Not erase everything that went before but modify our plot to be much more focused on the public spaces idea.

I still think we should keep the character approval idea though for the sake of keeping things with some organization and fitting in the time line we are playing. (it also seems to be a good policy so other players have an idea of a character's background and how we should react to them)

Another thing I might suggest is taking the idea from the "How Many can you name?" game and put a time limit of 48 hours (or even 24 hours) to respond before other players can move a scenario on to the next step. For example, with the Cantina setting if I start a bar fight everyone has 48/24 hours to post what their character does before myself or someone else makes a new post continuing the story. Mainly this would come into play when the RPG starts to slow down, if the game is progressing rapidly we wouldn't have to worry about the time.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:30 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Just testing the waters, but would anyone be interested in a more informal Role Playing thread? One where any can join or drop when they want, and there's less pressure on continuity?

The idea would be we pick a setting, and people can pop in and out of the setting as they please. For instance the bar in Mos Eisley. You walk in, get a drink, cut someone's arm off, business as usual.

Now the settings could change, but each setting should allow for a crowd to be present. If there's space travel, it should be on a public transport with lots of people on board. If we go somewhere, it should be a public event or public place. Could be Jabba's Palace or a concert on Coruscant.

The main objective would be to keep it fun, and to allow everyone to play without anyone having to read every post in the thread. If you read the previous three posts, you should be good.

If anyone's interested, post here. If there's enough interest, I'll kick this thing off.

I think aside form our Sith characters the current Jedi Expedition can work like this- we've not stated how many Jedi and other personnel are on the ship- so anyone can in a sense jump on.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:39 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

There was a thread like this on TOS back when I used to visit...it worked very well because no one was ever waiting on anyone else. I do kind of hope we can continue the Expedition thread traditionally, though. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:21 am Reply with quote  

Well my idea for a new RPG thread would be very very different from Jedi Expedition. I'm thinking of something very informal. No character creation/approval in separate threads. No worries about canon. And zero waiting for anyone else. As long as someone else has posted before you, you can post. The idea is to keep things moving very fast, but to keep it very loose and fun.

For example, if I felt like being drunk Yoda for a couple posts, I could do that. Someone else could be angry Chewy, rip off Yoda's arms, beat him in submission, and then maybe my next post would be Cad Bane coming to pick up on a bounty on Chewbacca. Other people could join in as Dengar, Bossk, or their own creations. But everyone would have to play in the same scene setting and interact with the other people there.

Think of it as a Star Wars Detours Roleplay.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:46 pm Reply with quote  

illogicalRogue2 wrote:

I think aside form our Sith characters the current Jedi Expedition can work like this- we've not stated how many Jedi and other personnel are on the ship- so anyone can in a sense jump on.

Don't forget we have the Knights of Pain which could easily be adapted to serve the needs of anyone wishing to be a Dark Jedi or Sith.

Darth Skuldren wrote:

To me it sounds a lot like taking what we already do in the chat box where we have very informal, short in duration RPG games, and making it a lasting format. I recall on the official Star Wars forums in the electronic games there was a thread called "the Rogue Squadron Cantina" where you would recount your lattest game exploits in an RPG format, again in a similar way to how we do informal RP in the chatbox here. I think this idea would be a lot of fun.

Why not run our more traditioinal Jedi Expedition RPG alongside this? It would give newbies a chance to just give things a test in a very casual sort of environment and if they really liked it we'd have our more traditional style RPGs that they could then join.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Well my idea for a new RPG thread would be very very different from Jedi Expedition. I'm thinking of something very informal. No character creation/approval in separate threads. No worries about canon. And zero waiting for anyone else. As long as someone else has posted before you, you can post. The idea is to keep things moving very fast, but to keep it very loose and fun.

For example, if I felt like being drunk Yoda for a couple posts, I could do that. Someone else could be angry Chewy, rip off Yoda's arms, beat him in submission, and then maybe my next post would be Cad Bane coming to pick up on a bounty on Chewbacca. Other people could join in as Dengar, Bossk, or their own creations. But everyone would have to play in the same scene setting and interact with the other people there.

Sounds fun. Would one still be required to be the same character each post?

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying

Page 16 of 17