Which Star Wars Would You Remake?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Star Wars Would You Remake?
The Phantom Menace
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
The Clone Wars
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
Revenge of the Sith
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
A New Hope
25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
Empire Strikes Back
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Return of the Jedi
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 20

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:23 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I wouldn't. But I am curious how much GL would if he were to remake the OT. Somehow I get the feeling it'd be like watching a totally different trilogy.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I can't decide between TPM or AotC. Both had elements that could have been done better.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:37 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
I am curious how much GL would if he were to remake the OT. Somehow I get the feeling it'd be like watching a totally different trilogy.

I had the same thought haha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
VileZero wrote:
I'd say Episode I. If Lucas really wants it to be the first movie in the saga that everyone watches, it should be... really great? Not super boring?

...not having Anakin yell 'yippee' or 'this is podracing'?

HAH! You win. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'd go with Episode I - cut Jar Jar, shorten the podracing, and give more time between Obi-Wan and Anakin to help set up their future relationship.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:10 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Ive just changed my mind on this after reading a few posts, i would change TPM and get rid of jar jar binks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:19 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I wouldn't get rid of Jar Jar, as otherwise they wouldn't find the Gungan city and the Battle of Naboo would never have happened. And the Battle of Naboo is the prequels' Battle of Endor, local makeshift army against massive technologically advanced army. I suppose they could change Jar Jar or something.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:11 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I would redo parts of Jedi even though I love that movie. Certain aspects of Jabbas court could have been done differently. I have no real issues with Ewoks but there are just minor niggles.

Still a great movie though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:48 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

That is true dannik they wouldnt hav found gungan city, maybe just change his character then and have him not as annoying as he is.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:53 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Darth-Weeto wrote:
That is true dannik they wouldnt hav found gungan city, maybe just change his character then and have him not as annoying as he is.

If I could change anything about TPM I would have Obi-Wan not Qui-Gon discover Anakin and have Obi-wans padawan die at the hands of Maul. No Qui-Gon. Sorry Qui-Gon fans,

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:01 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

darthrevan1 wrote:
Darth-Weeto wrote:

If I could change anything about TPM I would have Obi-Wan not Qui-Gon discover Anakin and have Obi-wans padawan die at the hands of Maul. No Qui-Gon. Sorry Qui-Gon fans,

Nooooooooo!

I think Qui Gon is needed for the movie, it shows that even Obi Wan was co impulsive and jealous Padawan before he was wise and mellowed out. It gives you hope for Anakin before you realised he is doomed to his ultimate fate. It gives Obi Wan more of a character development.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:04 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

DannikJerriko wrote:
darthrevan1 wrote:
Darth-Weeto wrote:

Nooooooooo!

I think Qui Gon is needed for the movie, it shows that even Obi Wan was co impulsive and jealous Padawan before he was wise and mellowed out. It gives you hope for Anakin before you realised he is doomed to his ultimate fate. It gives Obi Wan more of a character development.

I see your point. It wouldnt be so much a sticking point if he had been mentioned in the OT when Obi-Wan talks to Luke in Jedi.

It always comes back to the dreaded C word Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:17 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

darthrevan1 wrote:
It wouldnt be so much a sticking point if he had been mentioned in the OT when Obi-Wan talks to Luke in Jedi.

I know what you mean; if Lucas had this whole thing planned out from the beginning as I have heard, you'd think he would have thought about Obi Wan having a Master. There may be a retcon somewhere. This works out well though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:21 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

DannikJerriko wrote:
darthrevan1 wrote:
It wouldnt be so much a sticking point if he had been mentioned in the OT when Obi-Wan talks to Luke in Jedi.

I know what you mean; if Lucas had this whole thing planned out from the beginning as I have heard, you'd think he would have thought about Obi Wan having a Master. There may be a retcon somewhere. This works out well though.

He supposedly did have the whole story planned out picking Ep iv because it was the most interesting part to start and could be a standalone movie if it didnt work. Theres a form of closure in this that if it had been a flop it would stand by itself.

I think Lucas when he went back to do the prequels fleshed out the story so much more and started adding characters he hadnt thought of originally. I somehow doubt the Neimiodians, Maul and Jar Jar where on his mind back in the mid seventies.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:52 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Liam neeson as qui gon jinn was one of the best things about TPM so u couldnt take his character out of it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 2 of 6