Zombie Apocalypse: Cantina Style
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:02 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Fate nodded to Padme in response, giving her a small smile in return. Then shifting his gaze to Vorn he said Well it would definitely be cutting it close, but from the what I've gathered from your conversation we could make it. As for camping out for the night, we could hole up in my apartment on the third floor of the building behind us. It would be a little cozy with all of us plus all of the supplies but we could fit. The only worry i have about that is that there may be a huge horde of zombies gathered out there in the morning attracted by the explosion.

Fate began pacing, trying to think of the best option available to them. He began mumbling to himself. Well, If we were to leave now, i suppose we could split into two groups in the hopes of only having to fight against a smaller number of zombies, but that's too risky. We could handle a large horde of zombies if we decide to stay over night, i think, but with all of the supplies needing to be transported...that could be an issue. Unless....

Ending his pacing he looked around at the group and asked Does this group have a leader?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:33 pm Reply with quote  

With the zombie pinned down, I brought my kuhkri knife up and down, cleanly cutting through the zombie's neck. The head came loose. Thinking the battle was over, I relaxed.

Then the head started moving.

I looked down, puzzled at the motion. The zombie was actually using it's tongue to move it's head. I kicked it like a soccer ball and sent it bouncing into the street.

Luckily the body wasn't moving at all.

I reached down and offered Life a hand up. "That was creepy. Doesn't look like there are anymore out here, though."

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Nodding my thanks with a smile and a chuckle at the peculiarity of it all, I turn my attention to Skuldren. Casting my eyes over his form, I check for wounds, injuries. He seems to be recovered, and when I ask, he just stoically shrugs off the fall. I clap him on the back and am about to tell him to go inside to rest, that I'll keep an eye out, and clean up, but my words are killed off before they're born by a thunderous boom in the distance. I can see a dense cloud of smoke rise in the near distance - in the direction of the station. In the direction of the rest of our group.

Quickly I clamber on to the roof, hoping for a glimpse of ... anything, yet I know it to be a futile effort. The buildings provide too much cover. I tense, wishing I could help my men and woman out, frustrated that I can't.'We can't go after them,' I call down to Skuldren, my voice grim. I know he knows that, too, but I need to say it out loud, as much to convince myself than anyone else.

'And that will draw zombies in from miles around, I expect,' he noted in return. He turned his face up to me, a sly smile curling his lips. 'So all that wanting to get rid of the bloater quietly, effort well spent, I think.' He chuckles, and I laugh, too, and kick some moss from the roof onto him, which he dodges easily.

I stand, thinking things through. There isn't much by way of raw materials that could be of help, but I'm sure there must be something that could be of use. 'We need to fortify. Find a possible escape route, in case things get too hairy.' I jump down and pull, with a grunt and a lot of effort, the decapitated corpse away from the entrance, to shore up a low window. 'Let's look inside for things we could use. You got anything in your bag of tricks that could help?'

Skuldren smiles wickedly, a glint in his eye. 'Oh, I've got a few surprises.'
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:53 am Reply with quote  

We have a leader back at our safehouse, but he's currently preparing the bunker for a last stand Vorn paused considering what he would say next We haven't elected squad leaders or any second in command so I suppose the answer to your question is that we have no leader Vorn looked at Fate cautiously Why? What did you have in mind?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:59 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

OK Fate replied and after a moment said Here is a thought. I have some explosives stored up in my room. We could wait up in my home until dark then have us split into two groups. One group would take the explosives and sneak to the street behind the apartment building here and set up a diversion. Hopefully this would distract the zombies enough for us to make it back to your hideout without too much of a fight. The other group would sit on top of the apartment building where i was when i blew up that car and provide the explosive team with cover for any zombies that notice them.

Fate shrugged as he finished narrating his plan and after a moment added, I know its far from perfect and things might go terribly wrong but it might give us a better chance than a mad dash for your hideout. Take it for what you will, but just know that my resources are now your resources and I'm willing to do what I can to help out.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:16 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

"I don't know," said Reepicheep, "What if the zombies just keep on coming? The team in the apartment would be trapped. I vote we all go back to the safe house. I don't see any zombies at the moment, so we might make it back undetected."

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:47 pm Reply with quote  

Reep is right, if things go wrong the apartment group could get trapped. So we're probably safer in a large group. Unless you know of some way they could escape across roofs Fate Vorn paused More to the point does anyone here know how to safely lay a demo charge?

A scream sounded in the distance and the group collectively turned in the direction it came from.

Sounds like another survivor's hideout was found Ceadus observed

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

"Explosives aren't really my area of expertise," Padme noted, wrenching her shoulders uncomfortably. Suddenly the station seemed more than a little claustrophobic. She frowned, running over the options in her head and failing to come up with one that pleased her.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:00 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I know how to set and arm them, but it is extremely tricky and would take time. It was just a thought, though. Whatever it is that we all decide to do I will be good with Fate stopped as another quiet scream from somewhere far away reached them in the station. Unless it's suicidal. If thats the case then just point me in the right direction and I'll try to sneak to your guy's hideout on my own.

Fate could sense the growing unease and tension in the room. He walked over to a cooler in the corner that, while it appeared to have been broken in the recent skirmish, still had kept the contents cool. He reached in and grabbed an armful of bottled waters that he saw residing in there as well as some energy shots. On his way back over to the group he grabbed a box of protein bars, knowing they would need their strength in the upcoming ordeal. He offered each of them some of the supplies saying, While we decide what to do we should atleast rehydrate and eat a little something. After distributing the supplies and discarding the rest on a nearby table he said, We need a plan and we need it soon. So what is the verdict?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:50 pm Reply with quote  

The zombies are apparently already distracted by some survivors so let the zombies feast on them while we sneak away quietly. We can always use the demo idea later if we need a distraction. That's what I vote Vorn knew it was wrong to view the horrible deaths of other survivors as a beneficial distraction, even something to be thankful for. But times had changed and survival mandated that they no longer had the luxury of worrying about people who would be dead before the group could reach them even if they wanted to help.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The screams perked Reepicheep's ears. It sounded like their were ladies among them. His chivalrous ire spiked as he lifted his visor to glared at Vorn, "For shame, Vorn! You would run to save your own life at the expense of a lady?"

Vorn seemed at a loss for words. Reepicheep slammed his visor into place and turned in the direction of the noise. He began running on all fours toward the screams. He noticed the screams were becoming less varied, meaning more and more were dying. The stubborn knight picked up his pace. He heard the others shouting that it was pointless and he'd only get himself killed. Reepicheep ignored them.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:51 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

"Reepicheep, really, you...of all the reasons...aw, frakk," Padme grumbled as the mouse darted out the door. Heaving a sigh of frustration, she quickly loaded as many supplies as she could into her pack before checking the ammo in her weapons. Securing her pack snugly to her back, she trudged toward the doorway.

"We can't very well let him go it alone," Padme remarked to her comrades. "I swear, though, if we don't survive, I'll kill him,"

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:37 pm Reply with quote  

Reep’s rebuke stung. But Vorn couldn’t say he totally regretted his thought, rushing to take on an unknown horde of zombies wasn’t his idea of heroics...more like suicide. Nevertheless the die was cast and he wouldn’t abandon his friend. Following Padme’s example Vorn grabbed as much as he could, being careful to also grab a few medical supplies for what good they might do.

Turning to Fate Vorn pulled out the walkie talkie and handed it to Fate.
This is not your fight, you don’t have to come. Take the walkie talkie, there are people back at our safehouse who can guide you to them.

Not waiting for Fate’s reply Vorn pulled out his bow and darted out the door after the rest of the group.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:55 am Reply with quote  

It was amazing what you could do with a hammer and some nails, although the result was kind bizarre for a lack of lumber. Pieces of broken tables, wall panels, and floor boards were nailed across the lower windows to protect against a zombie break in. Luckily the windows were pretty tall, so light still came in from the upper half, and due to it's height, posed no threat of intrusion.

With the inside secure, we mustered the courage to set some traps outside around the building. It felt more dangerous than it was, or perhaps it just felt more dangerous than it turned out. Either way, we got a wicked assortment of surprises for any dumb zombie that nosed around the cantina.

That done, I looked up at the roof. "You know, you mentioned escape routes. What if we built a bridge between the cantina roof to the next building over? Something that could be raised and lowered."

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:20 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Fate growled in frustration as one by one they all left the station, chasing faint screams of what he deemed and already lost cause and a suicide mission. Vorn had given him a walkie talkie but he was torn about what to do. He hated the thought of letting them go without them when his presence might mean the difference, but they had just survived the latest zombie encounter due to a large amount of luck and he wasn't willing to risk it again so soon.

Wearily sinking down into a chair, Fate put his head in his hands, massaging his temples in the hopes that a forming headache wouldnt take shape. Raising his head from his hands he looked around the station seeing the large amounts of food and drinks that was still here. Fate thought to himself they came for supplies for their base and the were barely able to take any. Fine...I will take as many supplies as possible to their base and hope that they group will return to enjoy them.

Standing up, Fate looked around trying to decide what the best way to transport everything would be. On his way in the back, Fate had noticed a small garage looking room on the opposite end of the station. Making sure his MP5 was loaded Fate made his way out the back door and slowly made his way to the opposite side of the building. He reached the garage door and tried to open it but it wouldnt budge, spotting a padlock keeping the door in place. Not wanting to use his gun due to how loud it would be, Fate drew his combat knife from the holster on his thigh and with a mighty hack broke the padlock off. Standing frozen for a few moments, he heard no sign of approaching zombies. So he cautiously opened the door and finding the light switch, flipped it on.

What Fate saw made him smile and with that smile on his lips he brought the walkie talkie up to them and said Hello? My name is Fate. Your comrades chased the sounds of sombody being attacked by zombies and left me at the station. I have supplies and a way to get them places. I just need directions.

With that Fate waited in anticipation for a reply.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying

Page 8 of 10