Darth Maul will be in Season 4!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Just another reason why I don't read comics. Razz

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:35 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

And the reason I'm against continuity reboots and ressurections.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:00 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I've just realised something. If Maul is in TCW (before Episode III) why would Anakin be surprised when Palpy told him about Plagueis and the bringning-back-from-the-dead? Instead of being all "Holy Moly, I am intrigued; what is this mystical mystical power of which you speak?" he'd just go "Oh yeah, that's pretty weird, huh? Remember when that happenned to Maul? Good times". Unless they give some Bantha-Dropping excuse that Maul didn't actually die. But I think that Qui Gon is strong enough in the Force to sense the death of half of the Sith Order. Surely he'd tell Obi-wan "You must train the boy. And Maul is fine, you might want to sort that out *dead*"

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:17 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Life Is The Path wrote:
Haha. Beyond a small number of Star Wars comics (and The Simpsons comics in my earlier years) I haven't read any comics, no.

So how long do you think Uncle Ben will last? Laughing

Spidey: You mean Uncle Ben was alive the WHOLE TIME? Huh. I guess there are no consequences to my actions. With great power, there must also come great PARTAYS!

They just had Uncle Ben from a different reality swing in.

@Dannik- Maul could be a one and done in TCW.... Kenobi might not even learn of him...

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:37 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I looked into it, it seems Sam Witwer is coming back to do Darth Maul's voice.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:22 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Mace Windu wrote:
I looked into it, it seems Sam Witwer is coming back to do Darth Maul's voice.

It should be peter serafinowicz Wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:45 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I can't read that name without this coming to mind Laughing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY7D6rKjoKM
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:23 pm Reply with quote  

It's official, Sam Witwer is voicing Darth Maul. Better yet, MTV has a video showing Sam in the studio doing the voice recordings along with Clancy Brown (Savage Opress) and some scenes from the episode.

You can watch it here.

First off, I can't help but think of the Kurgan everytime I see or hear Clancy Brown. Secondly, Sam looks really animated when he does the voicing. I love the scene were Clancy is doing the "he's crazy" gesture. Laughing

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:50 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

As much of a fan as I am not for Darth Maul's return, Sam Witwer's passion got me excited. The fact that Maul is mentally broken is also intriguing. Helps the plausibility a little, I suppose. Great video. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:25 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

9th March?! That's just evil. I'm a little nervous about this arc, because of the subject matter, so I'm apprehensive to get right to it, rather than waiting 3 weeks!

I liked how passionate and active Witwer was, in the studio, and also that both actors are in the studio together. On a fair few animated films (and shows, I presume) the actors are brought in separately, and I'm not entirely convinced that that's a good thing. When they're brought in together, they can play off each other - moreso, with Witwer's passion - and I believe it enhances the performances.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:28 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I think Sidious should kill Maul. For several reasons:

1. Maul was only a tool. He never fully embraced the Sith Rule of Two. He was loyal to Sidious but, he did not covet the power that helped the Sith grow stronger. Darth Maul Shadow Hunter book shows this.

2. Having Maul back would upset the plans that were set in motion by Sidious. At this point Sidious has Dooku as an apprentice with his gaze ever on Anakin. Again following the Rule of 2 a Sith Lord can't have two apprentices.

3. Maul could be Dooku's apprentice since he dropped Ventress. If so, Sidious would follow Darth Bane's example and kill the apprentice's apprentice. Again this goes back to the rule of 2.

4. Maul is not in a position that would help further the rise of the Sith. While it is true Sidious needs plyable tools, he also needs tools that are not mentally deranged and are highly placed (thank-Dooku's position in the TF: Anakin's eventual position in the Jedi Council).

To repeat, Sidious should kill Maul.

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I still think Maul's return is gimmicky and silly. However, the video made me hope that it could at least turn out to be an interesting story. I can't say I like Maul's animation though. Confused

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:05 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Reepicheep wrote:
I still think Maul's return is gimmicky and silly. However, the video made me hope that it could at least turn out to be an interesting story. I can't say I like Maul's animation though. Confused

It is a gimmick. The Maul CW episodes and TPM will be used in conjunction to help sale Maul (among other characters) merchandise.

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

SidiousThrawn wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:

It is a gimmick. The Maul CW episodes and TPM will be used in conjunction to help sale Maul (among other characters) merchandise.

Yea, watch them put Boba in his dad's armor next year when AotC is 3D-ified. Mark my words. It will happen.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi Joe wrote:
SidiousThrawn wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:

Yea, watch them put Boba in his dad's armor next year when AotC is 3D-ified. Mark my words. It will happen.

Wow, I actually believe you that they will Wink

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 4 of 6