Zombie Apocalypse: Character Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:56 am Reply with quote  

I will accept that role if that is indeed what you all wish. It seems to me though that Skuldren or Life would be candidates for a leadership role, perhaps instead of an overall leader breaking it up into squad leaders?

We seem to be assembling a good mix of skills so maybe build into our story breaking up into squads that more evenly distribute our skill sets to optimize chances of survival?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Sounds good to me. I assume these squads would just form as needed?

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:55 pm Reply with quote  

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
Sounds good to me. I assume these squads would just form as needed?

Yeah basically. Of course as the story develops people may want to RP certain characters (player or NPC) as close friends (or enemies) that influences whether they join a squad for a mission or how they interact with a squad if they have to work alongside someone they don't like.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:31 pm Reply with quote  

So I get the idea that if you are bitten by a zombie or have your skin come in contact with contaminated zombie fluid in some way it will transform you into a zombie. But what about survivors who become a zombie's meal? Has it ever been done where the remains of a survivor that was consumed by zombies reanimates and becomes a zombie (or even perhaps more creepy reanimates while the survivor's body is still being consumed)?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:39 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I didn't think simply having your skin come into contact would be enough. I would think that it would have to get into some sort of cut or scrape. But that's just my logic.

As for reanimation....sounds cool, let's do it. Smile

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:36 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I would be interested as to how it works?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:48 am Reply with quote  

At this point, I'd say we're pretty open. Join the fun, post something reasonable, and have at it. Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:31 pm Reply with quote  

Some basic things you should figure out if you want to join:

1) what is your RPG character's name (for example I play Vorn so you're perfectly free to use all or part of your forum name). this bit is essential since we need to know what you want us to call your character you play.

2) what equipment are you carrying? it is the zombie apocalpyse so you probably want a weapon (or two) and any other equipment your character might consider important. You might look at what other characters in the RPG carry to get ideas on the sort of equipment you might want.

3) what's your backstory. While not essential I personally find having a backstory helps me get in character and determine how my character would react to a given situation. It also can give you something to post when there's a lull in the action (either through your character privately reflecting on their past or talking to another character about the past).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:32 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Then what exactly do we do with these characters? I flipped back a few pages but did t really get a 3 sentence summery

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

We shoot stuff.

And look good doing it.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:52 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Life Is The Path wrote:
Harsh, dude Shocked , but acceptable. Same goes for zombie animals - it makes sense that such a virus would be spreadable to other animals. Too, I've no real qualms about goriness so whatever floats your boat.

in allot of universes the virus starts with animals.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:09 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

This sounds freaking awesome! I wanna join! I wanna join! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:36 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

When does it start!?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:00 pm Reply with quote  

@Zak and Jaina

Technically it already started but its currently lying dormint. You can see from the last few posts what was going on: http://www.eucantina.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1448&start=135

Really all we need to get started back up is people to express interest, create a character, and make a post in the thread. I can't speak for everyone but I'd be up for returning to my role as Vorn.

Before making a post in the RPG you'd need to figure out several things:
1) what is your character's name (can be your EUC name, could be something totally different but the rest of us do need to know what to call you when our characters interact with you)
2) what kind of weapons/other gear are you carrying? (it's kinda hard to fight zombies without weapons and if you want to play a specialized role, like an EMT for example, it will be useful to plan out whether you've got all the gear you need or whether you'll need to scavange gear because you lost most of your stuff in the chaos)
3) while not essential it will be useful for the rest of us to say how your character looks so we can interact with you in greater detail. For example maybe seeing you wearing EMT clothing makes another character uncomfortable around you because it reminds them of a significant other who was also an EMT and killed by zombie or maybe you have your hair cut and colored exactly like someone's significant other so when they see you from behind for the first time they mistake you for this person.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yay! Already read your whole story, and it sounds so cool!
Okay here is my character:

Name: Jaina or nickname Jane

Appearance: Female Human

Specialization: Archery and Karate

Equipment: Recurve bow, arrows, knives and a hand pistol.

My character's attitude is basically merciless and "takes no prisoners". She watched her family get killed by zombies, therefore having only one goal: revenge, to vanquish them forever. She's an inventor and constantly creates her own stuff to aid her in the fight, kind of a female MacGuyver...but no one can beat MacGuyver... Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying

Page 6 of 8