Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus
 PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:24 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Discuss any aspect about Jacen Solo or Darth Caedus here. Remember to post spoiler warnings if mentioning anything related to new developments in new releases.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:00 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I just wnt him to go down in flames. He's the character that I love to hate.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:35 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

jedipoodoo wrote:
I just wnt him to go down in flames. He's the character that I love to hate.

Flames? I like flames! But that would make him mirror Anakin Skywalker even more. One of my biggest disappointments with the Legacy of the Force series is it's just the movies again. I think they could have stretched it out more by keeping the themes of the movies but not doing things "scene-by-scene" as the movies. However, Luke has kicked a lot of --

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:55 pm Reply with quote  

Hmmm...flames does sound good. It would be keeping with the whole reflection of the prequel trilogy theme and would account for Boba and Jaina and some nasty tricks to take down Jacen. The unexpected always helps even out the playing field.

Bring on the flamethrower!

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:00 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Ok, here I am, the Caedus advocate! Twisted Evil

In Betrayal, I had high hopes for him. He was a favorite of mine to begin with (mainly because I can relate to him) and I've always liked the Sith. However, I'll admit the authors haven't gone in quite the direction I'd've liked with him. I can only hold out hope that Karen Traviss, the last good author in this series, will do him justice . . . I hold no illusions that he will survive. Crying or Very sad

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:46 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Judicar wrote:
Ok, here I am, the Caedus advocate! Twisted Evil

In Betrayal, I had high hopes for him. He was a favorite of mine to begin with (mainly because I can relate to him) and I've always liked the Sith. However, I'll admit the authors haven't gone in quite the direction I'd've liked with him. I can only hold out hope that Karen Traviss, the last good author in this series, will do him justice . . . I hold no illusions that he will survive. Crying or Very sad

Whoa, last good author? Troy Denning's book is after it, and I know you're such a fan of him Laughing They're all good authors, and I love all of their individual books, but the overall story, mainly Jacen's, is what has gotten me down. But I should say, I look forward to both Karen and Troy's final chapters to this story.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:48 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

It's funny..... I like him more as a Rogue Jedi than Light. I know that's weird of me..... But I think I might like him in LOTF if he resembles the Jacen in DN. I haven't gotten to any dialogue between him and Ben, though, and someone told me Jacen doesn't really act nicely to him..... I don't like that, since Ben is only 8! (At the time I'm reading)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:01 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Book 2 is where Jacen spends more time with Ben; you'll get an idea of how Jacen treats Ben from that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:02 pm Reply with quote  

With only two books left, Caedus' chances of becoming a real Sith are getting slim. I agree with Judicar, lets hope Traviss can bring Caedus around into a Sith we can all sit and shiver at

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:46 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

When I said I hoped Jacen would go down in flames; I meant it metaphorically. Something like Darth Sidious, the most powerful force-user in the galaxy, dying from something as mundane as a fall from a high place(I know there is a lot of symbolism there too, but let's ignore that for now! Smile ).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:31 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

When I said flames, I was referring to him burning like Anakin Skywalker since Jacen's fallen very, very so similar to him. I know what you mean though

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:50 pm Reply with quote  

And I meant every word I said about him dying a fiery death from Fett's flamethrower. But I am liking the idea of a "common" death. Something simple. He slips on one of Allana's toys and breaks his neck. His red bladed lightsaber overloads and blows up in his face. Something humiliating. Either that, or I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll actually turn him into a Sith. As is, he sucks.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:51 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Darth Skuldren wrote:
And I meant every word I said about him dying a fiery death from Fett's flamethrower. But I am liking the idea of a "common" death. Something simple. He slips on one of Allana's toys and breaks his neck. His red bladed lightsaber overloads and blows up in his face. Something humiliating. Either that, or I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll actually turn him into a Sith. As is, he sucks.

A Jacen barbeque sounds quite nice! Twisted Evil
A rocket from Fet's jetpack would do quite nicely too!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:39 pm Reply with quote  

Yeah, but we've seen him use the rocket pack already in the Legacy novels, thus I think it's time for the torch!

I wonder if their are any Force techniques for fighting fire? I do recall Luke being in some volcanic like environment in the Jedi Academy Trilogy when he was recruiting a force user, but I can't remember if he used any specific force powers to fend off the flames...

Maybe Jacen learned something in his travels that can come in handy when burning alive.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:37 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I think once Luke realized that he was being tested, he just scurried out of there but I haven't thought of that part of the books in a long time; sorry I can't be more help, but I knew Luke wasn't at all pleased with the test.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 1 of 19