Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:41 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I just ordered KOTOR from a seller on Amazon. I've always wanted to play it, so hopefully it comes soon.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:27 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I got the game yesterday, and it is awesome. I'm only a few hours in, but I'm really enjoying it. I'm playing a Scout who duel wields blasters or swords depending on the situation. I'm focusing on some non-combat stuff like persuasion, which is my usual style of play in games like this. I'm liking everything about the game so far.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:45 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Niner wrote:
I got the game yesterday, and it is awesome. I'm only a few hours in, but I'm really enjoying it. I'm playing a Scout who duel wields blasters or swords depending on the situation. I'm focusing on some non-combat stuff like persuasion, which is my usual style of play in games like this. I'm liking everything about the game so far.

I did something similar in my first play-through.

Has anyone figgured out why your underwear changes if you go DS? Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:12 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'm about 19 hours in, and I just had the big reveal. I already knew what it was, but it was still cool. The last place I need to go is Korriban, which I left for last since it seemed to make sense.

A bad thing happened to my brother while playing the game. He was having fun, and had been playing for a total of about 20 hours, and he became the victim of the "Carth Glitch". Since he had no other save, he basically has to start over.

for those who don't know, here's a description (contains minor spoilers)

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:35 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Guys, how linear is this game? Is it like Skyrim, where it's "massive, no-boundaries, get from G to R via Y" or Super Mario Bros, where it's "Get from A to B" or Ocarina of Time where it's lots of very big areas like Hyrule Field and stuff. Or just make your own comparisons. Linearity is a big factor when buying games like this for me.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:20 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Hmmm...it's pretty free overall, but there are restrictions. Basically you start off on a single planet that you can explore freely (very large planet, I might add), but it is the only planet you can access in the beginning, because you have no way to leave said planet. In accomplishing your objects, however (several of which are optional), you can pretty much explore the planet at will. Depending on what you do in what order, certain events will be triggered. So it's both free and directed at the same time.

Once you leave the planet, though, you're fairly free to travel to the different planets and back in whatever order you'd like. There are several key plot points that occur that restrict you to certain places, but for the most part it's open.

It's much less directed than something like Mario (I'd say they only have about 10% in common), and much more like Ocarina of Time (say 90%). Not quite as free as Skyrim, but for the most part I'd say the order is pretty much up to you. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:25 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Bought this off Steam today, and played just under an hour (43 mins to be exact) of it and really enjoying it so far!

I've just left the apartment with Carth and met the Duros and the Sith and that's it.

Unfortunately, I already know the whole MASSIVE spoiler at the end, but I'm trying to forget about it.

I'm going all stealthy, persuasive and light side ATM.

EDIT - I'm in the sewers with Big Z and Mission. Trying to avoid conflict. Trying to work out how to kill the rancor.

Quick question; at the bit in the undercity where you have the choice to either open the gate and let the infected guy in, risking the rest of the village or letting him stay out and die, I kept the gate closed. Was that the right thing? I was trying to think of what I would do, and what the Jedi would do. But thinking what a proper Jedi-good-guy like Qui Gon would do.

I'm inside the Vulkar base. Getting really bored of dying all the time. I need to save more.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:14 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Really stuck on this Sith boss guy in the Sith base. Upped my defense as much as possible, added those arm-band things. Really stuck. Is there any advice or is it just "keep on trying"?

Used up all my computer spikes disabling the sentry droids from the reception desk when I entered the base.

BTW was there any way to avoid gaining dark side points when getting the droid from Janice? It was either threaten her or give up.

EDIT: OK, beaten him now in Davik's base. Am I meant to be fighting guards?

---

HELP: OK, I'm on Tatooine, I have HK-47 and I've done the swoop. How do I get a hunting licence to leave?

The Czerka officer is telling me to get a gaffi stick to get a hunting licence, but I can't leave to get the gaffi stick without a hunting licence

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:59 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

There are different ways to get one. You can get the gaffi stick (you may buy/steal it from someone, I don't remember), or I believe there's also a lady somewhere in the spaceport you can buy a license from. If I'm not mistaken, there are several ways to obtain a license, but unfortunately I don't recall any of them at the moment. Best bet: Head over to the cantina and see if anyone there mentions anything about a license.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:24 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I just talked to the woman at the Czerka office, and she said she'd give me a license if I would hunt sandpeople. I agreed, and she gave me the license. I never did get a gaffi stick.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:43 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Guys this mite sound like a silly question but is this game just a pc game or can u get it for the xbox 360?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

It came out on the old Xbox, but you can play one such copy on the 360. Got to love backwards compatibility.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:51 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Thanku life, if i can still buy it im gonna get that game.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Ugh, haven't played in a couple of weeks and I just remembered why; I'm in the Sand People base on Tatooine, and I've reluctantly killed them all (I like to be the nice guy) and the only place left to go is the Chieftain's section. I keep getting pwned every time I go in there. I throw grenades through the slats to get a pre-emptive strike, but even then, it's like 6 on 2. I've only got Bastila in my party (as well as me, obvs) but I'm afraid that if I leave the camp to regroup my party, a) I'll get killed by all of the turrets and sand people outside and b) all the people I killed inside will respawn. I managed to get past the defenses and sneak in by wearing sand people clothes, so if I add someone to my party, they'll spawn just wearing their normal stuff and we'll get killed.

Ugh...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

If you're playing light side, why didn't you negotiate with the sand people?

Page 4 of 6