EU Fantasy Football League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:41 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I see. Thanks, Crash. I'll see if I can swap out this Britt fellow. Too bad. He's one of the ones you had suggested I always play.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:37 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Never have I had such a bad year of fantasy football. 0-5. Sad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:03 am Reply with quote  

@OMB: That sucks.

My team is doing pretty good, though.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm doing ok. Middle of the road, can't complain. Been very fun really learning new players and trying to make the right predictions.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:35 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Aw, poop. I only came second Crying or Very sad . And on equal points, too!
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:28 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wait a minute - I won? I'm first? Surely this is a mistake? Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:14 pm Reply with quote  

You were Chi Errant Ventures?

I got the runner up award. LOL, I also got an award for fewest points in a week. Laughing

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm going to be honest. I stopped paying attention around week 9. I was in another fantasy league for money and I would forget to look at this one, and after doing it once or twice I thought to heck with it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:07 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
You were Chi Errant Ventures?

I got the runner up award. LOL, I also got an award for fewest points in a week. Laughing

Yep, I am it. And I've only ever seen one game!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:32 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Life Is The Path wrote:
Wait a minute - I won? I'm first? Surely this is a mistake? Shocked

Haha. I thought the same thing my first time around. Apparently fortune favors the newbies. Wink

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:47 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Can't wait 'til next season, Hester all the way. Laughing

-Ben Kenobi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:18 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

When is the next season?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:50 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

What is this?

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:11 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Next season starts in August/September with the games. It plays through the final game of the regular season, which is basically the Super Bowl for the final fantasy teams.

@Dannik: Well...do you watch American Football? If so, this is almost an RPG of sorts. Each person makes up a roster of players picked from real players in the NFL to make up their fantasy team. Then the teams go head to head each week, using the players they've chosen. Each players earns points based on the actual points they scored during their actual game for the week.

For instance, I may have chosen my quarterback to be Drew Brees and my tight end to be Gronkowski. Brees may get me 32 points for throwing an excellent 5 touchdowns in a game, among other things. Gronkowski may put up a crazy number of 41 points because he went on a spree of awesome insanity. Beanie Wells may be one of my running backs, but he fails to do anything impressive and I get a measly 9 points from him.

The points from all players are tallied, and the team with the higher score wins. This continues until the final few games where the best teams are paired up until the "Super Bowl", the final game of the regular season, where the two teams left in the finals have it out. And the person with the winning team...wins! Smile

You don't have to know a lot about football to play, because it's very automatic. It helps to know stats and things to pick your players and know when to switch them out, but sometimes it doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure Life won this last season, and he will admit he doesn't know very much about football at all. So...feel free to join next season!

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:58 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'll join next season though it might be a bit tricky for me cause I live in Australia and know nothing about American football.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 9 of 10