A Movie Scavenger Hunt - Are You In?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

DannikJerriko wrote:
May I suggest that whenever you do a significant update, you could just say it in hte chat? Not every time you add a movie, maybe every three or four. Also Vile, when you update the leaderboard could you do the same? Just a suggestion.

The leaderboard is going to be updated every Sunday, unless some outside event prevents me from getting it done that day. I'll post when the first leaderboard is posted, but otherwise I probably won't really mention it unless there's a new frontrunner or something spicy has happened!

I need to start watching movies! I've been catching up on some TV seasons after moving on NYE, and now I'm all behind Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:38 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

VileZero wrote:
DannikJerriko wrote:
May I suggest that whenever you do a significant update, you could just say it in hte chat? Not every time you add a movie, maybe every three or four. Also Vile, when you update the leaderboard could you do the same? Just a suggestion.

The leaderboard is going to be updated every Sunday, unless some outside event prevents me from getting it done that day. I'll post when the first leaderboard is posted, but otherwise I probably won't really mention it unless there's a new frontrunner or something spicy has happened!

Okeydey Very Happy

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:17 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Sorry to double post, but what are Cyberpunk and Steampunk? I think I get what Cyberpunk is; punky hacker kids like in Hackers, with Angie Jolie? That's a guess though. No idea what Steampunk is though...

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Steampunk is a genre of science fiction where steam powered machines rules the day, in the story. So it's a bit like alternative histories imagined up by forward thinking Victorians.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:17 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

DannikJerriko wrote:
Sorry to double post, but what are Cyberpunk and Steampunk? I think I get what Cyberpunk is; punky hacker kids like in Hackers, with Angie Jolie? That's a guess though. No idea what Steampunk is though...

Yep, you got Cyberpunk right. Steampunk is how Life described it. When in doubt, you can always hit Wikipedia. But it's movies like League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Sherlock Holmes, etc etc...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

If you ever saw Sucker Punch (a good recent example), the fantasy scenes there were pretty steampunk too.

Quick question:

168: Not based on a comic superhero: I imagine that refers to a superhero that did not originate in comics? And I imagine one could be interpretive about that?

Example: Neo, in The Matrix, could be a Superhero not featured in comic books?

Or do I have it wrong?

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:32 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

168: Not based on a comic superhero: I imagine that refers to a superhero that did not originate in comics? And I imagine one could be interpretive about that?
[/quote]

I was going to ask that, but realised it is probably what you said. Love Actually wasn't based on a movie superhero. Neither was Titanic. Or Liar Liar.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
If you ever saw Sucker Punch (a good recent example), the fantasy scenes there were pretty steampunk too.

Quick question:

Example: Neo, in The Matrix, could be a Superhero not featured in comic books?

Or do I have it wrong?

Yeah, a superhero that didn't originate in comics. Like The Incredibles. I'd say The Matrix could work too, considering that Neo is basically a superhero in that flick haha.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:35 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

lol I guess this forum is now the Q&A for the actual game eh?

Som another quick question: does the Star Wars Holiday Special count as a made-for-TV-movie? Or no?

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:04 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Som another quick question: does the Star Wars Holiday Special count as a made-for-TV-movie? Or no?

Well, it was a movie, and it was made for TV, so I think so, yeah Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
lol I guess this forum is now the Q&A for the actual game eh?

Yeah, I figured this would become a Q&A thread, and also discussion too about flicks in general.

And yes, SW Holiday counts. But may God have mercy on your soul if you watch it! Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

First leaderboard posting has been updated.

Alan Skywalker V is the one to beat right now! 11 flicks already, whoa!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:31 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The only movie I've watched this year is Thor, and I've watched it twice now. I need to get serious and watch some movies.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Old Master Ben wrote:
The only movie I've watched this year is Thor, and I've watched it twice now. I need to get serious and watch some movies.

You missed Apes, Captain America, Sherlock, Dragon Tattoo, and a ton of others.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Heeheehee, I'm getting ready to watch another one!

Seriously, though, I don't expect I'll be on top all year. The only reason I've got so many now is that school doesn't start again until next Monday. Once school resumes it may end up slowing down. Besides, there will probably be some days where I don't get any watched, particularly if we go camping in the spring and fall. This weekend may not be conducive for movies if I get my hands on Darth Plagueis when we go to B&N on Friday.

Edit: I don't sit around watching movies all day, BTW. School and a volunteer job is all I have, but I don't spend all my consequent free time on movies and books.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 5 of 10