Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:13 am Reply with quote  

Assuming you have no save game you can go back to before the killing spree this is what I would do:

1) micro manage everything, don't assume the computer can control Bastila as well as you (slight aside but I found leveling them up manually was far better as often the computer selects abilities such as "stun droid" instead of abilities that hurt any target such as "force push." At least I found that abilities that were specific to a single type of target far less useful, especially toward the end game, then ones that could be used against any hostile)

2) use force push, or other abilities/grenades that stun/immobilize for crowd management as often as you can (use the pause button as often as required to ensure you don't use a default saber attack). If you and Bastila both have Force Push maxed out you might be able to kill the weak Raiders by just having a constant bombardment of Force Push going. I'm assuming the chief is at the center so you might focus Force Pushes on him since the wave should also hit his helpers and this will ensure he is getting wounded too.

3) focus on killing the week ones first, if you don't/can't task both of you bombarding with Force Push task whoever has the weaker Force Push using melee attacks to kill the weaker Raiders off one at a time.

4)once the weak ones are dead you or Bastila focus on fighting the chief while the other spams Force Heal to recover from the fight. If you are both at full health and still have some Force energy left continue using powers that will keep the chief stunned. Otherwise go all out having both you and Bastila attack with the best melee attacks you have available.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:59 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Thanks Salaris, I'll try, I focused on the grunts by the door first, but just ended up being killed. I haven't used Force push much, I tended to use Master Critical Strike with my guy and Master Flurry (or just flurry, can't remember) with Bastila with a bit of cure thrown in there. But yeah, I'm always controlling all of my characters and I always level up manually. Sometimes I check what's recommended though.

And Crash, I didn't know you could negotiate!? As soon as I walk in they try to kill me and the only option was to kill them, there was no blue marker on them, only red with the attack options.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:33 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

You need HK-47 to negotiate. Just have him in your party and it'll happen automatically. Otherwise it's toodle-oo, Tusken.

EDIT: I think you also need to be wearing Tusken Raider clothes, too, when you go in.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:43 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Life Is The Path wrote:
You need HK-47 to negotiate. Just have him in your party and it'll happen automatically. Otherwise it's toodle-oo, Tusken.

Of course! I took him out of my party because he couldn't wear Tusken clothes. Bummer. I don't have a previous save either. If I've killed all of the Tuskens in the camp, can I still negotiate with the Chieftain?

Quote:
I think you also need to be wearing Tusken Raider clothes, too, when you go in.

Into the Chieftain's section or the whole camp?

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:45 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

You can try, but I'm guessing probably not. And as to the second thing: both.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:15 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, I believe HK-47 allows the negotiation because he can speak to them. And I can't remember, but you may have to kill all the Raiders out on the Dunes, and the negotiating will begin once you get to the gate. I'm not positive on that, but I do know you'll be allowed in and can freely move about.

However, as it stands now, just try what Salaris said, or variations thereof. If you can run away, by all means do so and try to heal yourself in the middle of the fight. Otherwise...don't forget to use shields and stimulants! I always forget those are available, but they can often be a deciding factor in a skirmish. Best of luck. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:24 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Thanks you guys Very Happy , do I have to activate the shields or do they just up my defence when I equip them?

Looks like I've screwed this up Laughing

I'm gonna exit the camp, get HK-47 in my party and hopefully when I re-enter all the mobs will have respawned, then I'll try to negotiate.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:59 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

You can equip the shields on your arms, but you actually have to activate them each time you want to use them. This was the step I always forgot. And they do run out, after either failing or exceeding the maximum amount of time they can run. So you'll have to reactivate them. It honestly does help, though. As long as you keep them up. Just check the lower left corner where the stimulants and such are. Just scroll to a shield you want to use and click on it, and there you go. You should see some kind of color (green, blue, red) surround the character, and you'll know the shields are up. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:58 pm Reply with quote  

Just an addition to my strategy:

If you lack something like Force Push the try immobilizing them with one of the special grenades with an AoE freeze effect or goo effect (sorry I forget the names).

If one of you has high level saber throw target a weak Tusken and always have that character saber throwing. It won't stun anyone but it should at least allow you to kill them faster. Since the idea is to kill as quickly as possible just be sure you are using your most high power Force abilities that effect groups.

Its been a while since I played but I found in mob situations unless you are significantly stronger then your foes your best bet is to overwhelm them with AoE Force powers and use your saber for clean up/when you have no Force energy left.

Late in the game you will face mobs often so if you haven't done so already it would be wise to begin buffing up Force powers that will be useful in crowd control. Also worth noting: late in game mobs will sometimes be a mix of humandoids and droids so it is best to focus on the powers that effect both targets first before buffing up specialty powers (stun droid etc.). I preferred playing light side and I found the most effective combos were maxed out saber throw and maxed out Force Push (Force Push to stun, saber throw to hit several guys at once, rinse repeat until you have 1-2 guys left who you can kill in melee to give your Force energy a chance to recharge). Unless the baddies were resistant to the Force or had a lucky dice roll it should devastate most enemies.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:14 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The power Caedus is speaking of is Force Push (which can be upgraded to) - Force Whirlwind (which can be upgraded to) Force Wave. And I agree, I found these very useful in dealing with combatants.

Other abilities of note that I favoured were: Stun; Stasis; Stasis Field; Stun Droid - Disable Droid - Destroy Droid (these were powers that looked like Force lightning, but didn't have the negative effects of using said power); Lightning - Force Storm.

And the grenades he spoke of were Cryoban Grenades and Adhesive Grenades. Stun and Sonic Grenades were quite useful, too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:43 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Life Is The Path wrote:
The power Caedus is speaking of is Force Push (which can be upgraded to) - Force Whirlwind (which can be upgraded to) Force Wave. And I agree, I found these very useful in dealing with combatants.

Other abilities of note that I favoured were: Stun; Stasis; Stasis Field; Stun Droid - Disable Droid - Destroy Droid (these were powers that looked like Force lightning, but didn't have the negative effects of using said power); Lightning - Force Storm.

And the grenades he spoke of were Cryoban Grenades and Adhesive Grenades. Stun and Sonic Grenades were quite useful, too.

Oh yeah, just remembered I've got Force Whirlwind and Stasis.

Thanks for all the help you guys Very Happy

Haven't had much time to play (been caught up in Skyrim Wink ) but I'll probably play today.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:12 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ah, yes! I never found Force Push to be much help, but Force Whirlwind was pretty awesome. Stun Droid was also fairly useless, but Destroy Droid is impressively effective. So don't discount powers just because their lower level abilities are unimpressive. Max them out and prepare to be amazed. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:26 pm Reply with quote  

Force whirlwind was pretty cool. Force Wave (I believe that is the name of the third level of Force Push) was awesome in how many guys it could take out (I always enjoyed those moments where Force wave would kill 3-4 weak baddies at once). I never used destroy droid though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:14 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@DannikJerriko

If you are planning on redoing the Sand people camp (LS negotiations), I would like to warn you about a really nasty bug that can occur (at least on my PC version of the game). DO NOT ever save/load your game near the turrets just outside the camp, because they turn violent no matter what and that ruins your chance of a peacefull resolution with the Sand people.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:23 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'm stuck on the last bit, I can't remember the name of it, but the big star station at the end. There is just endless waves of sith and I'm out of medpacks. How do you finish it?

Page 5 of 6