Battlefront III: Discussion, Hopes, and Speculation
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
Battlefront III: Discussion, Hopes, and Speculation
 PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:11 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So, first Free Radical and Lucasarts announced they were working on something in 2006. Then, in the summer of '08, Amazon.com shows a page for Battlefront III for release in 2009, by the them. In late August MyWii.com reports that Battlefront III may be coming for the Wii. That's the abridged history of Battlefront III rumors Very Happy

Now, without any further ado, feel free to discuss!

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:21 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I'm curious to see what they'll do with BFIII... BF1 was like a proof of concept and BF2 added onto that.

So I figure that BFIII will A) be a polishing of everything in BF 1 and 2 or B) It will polish the previous games and add some more.

I"d love to see a rework of the space battles...maybe make the ships larger or something like that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:35 pm Reply with quote  

If they made the space battles with more in regards to ships that might be neat. Perhaps they could make not only the fleets bigger but also allow you to take over enemy ships. That would put a greater focus on defense of your ship and make boarding parties have a greater purpose than just another way to destroy ship components.

I think also if they keep the upgrade weapons they should allow the play to toggle an upgrade on or off for different classes. For example when playing the Clone Commander I really wish I could turn the award pistol off. That's because you have to manually reload it and I found that I could keep up a more steady stream of fire by firing the Gatling gun until over heat, switch to the pistol until overheat and by then the Gatling gun has cooled down, rinse repeat.

They also need to work on the award sniper rifle because for some reason I found I couldn't head shot guys in turrets.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:51 pm Reply with quote  

I think there's a glitch with the award sniper rifle. I think it would also be cool to do theoretical battles like Confederacy vs Rebels, etc. Maybe some historic battles and venturing into the EU. A Thrawn campaign would be awesome, as well as a Vong campaign.

And more hero free for all levels! Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:35 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I was pleased to see TFU uses many EU characters within the Duel Arena so I hope Battlefront III uses the Kotor and New Republic eras. I think it could work well on the Wii and would buy both versions; they could even make a blaster attachment..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:08 pm Reply with quote  

A blaster attachment would be pretty cool, 5 will get you 10 that it would look like a DL-44 Very Happy

I just thought but another thing that might be nice is if they made the Super Battle Droids have a more accurate firing rate. The rate of fire they have in BF II makes that class almost pointless when going up against the clone trooper.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:52 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I remember when the annoucned the ship boarding for BFII and I just remember imagining being a stormtrooper charing through the corridors of a Mon Cal cruiser in this insane maze of battles...If they could introduce that, I'd be in heaven. Or the SW equivalent. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:15 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

That would be quite fun... Very Happy In terms of gameplay, fine tuning the space battles would be cool, although not much really nice needed to them aside more of them. Ground battles are fun, but BFII had a kinda hard system where you had to get a goal done to gain more men, even if it was just you, and the enemies had no numbers. Seeing Jedi as playable for entire levels, although not all, would be awesome and I do hope they are able to use the Wii Motion Plus for the Wii and new engines for the next-gen systems.

As for era, as I said, include Kotor and New Republic, perhaps introducing lesser known Clone Wars battles seen in the TV series and comics.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:13 am Reply with quote  

Ok, focusing on the space battle part here...

How about giving the player complete control of a Star Destroyer or Mon Cal Cruiser. Instead of just jumping in a seat and using one of the pitiful fixed gun emplacements, you could aim a whole bank of turbo laser fire or all turbolaser fire at a specific target. Other buttons could launch missile salvos and anti-starfighter laser fire.

Plus expanding the interior of the ships.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:22 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

It's quite possibile and interesting...I'd like to take control of the ship.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:47 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

*kneels down and prays* What I wouldn't give for a game like that. But if you could control an entire ship, it wouldn't quite be the same "battlefront".

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:31 pm Reply with quote  

It would be Battlefront on a whole new level. First you took control of the individuals, now lead as the commander!

You could unlock Captains and Admirals, lead squadrons and command ships.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:53 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm...is that anything like the Star Wars game Force Commander? I've never played it and have heard it was awful, but...just curious.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:55 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Is Battlefront now or what DS is proposing for it? Now, no it's not a RTS like Force Commander. If they did what DS is saying, and I like, it could be a mix between.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:19 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ah, I see. Yeah, I meant what DS is proposing.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Page 1 of 8