Knights Of The Old Republic - War
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:56 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Spoiler time...
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Thought that was AWESOME!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:26 am Reply with quote  

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:07 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Darth Skuldren wrote:

I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Last edited by Life Is The Path on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:39 am Reply with quote  

It definitely has a different tone to it. It didn't feel like the old light hearted fun issues. This one definitely had a grimmer tone. And the way all the sides are positioned, it gave it a very gray aspect with no clear good and evil characters/sides.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:27 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Which I found odd, because if you look at this issue, and compare it with the first, I'd consider Commencement (I think I called it Flashpoint for some odd reason, in the last post) to be much darker, considering it has Masters killing their padawans, yet all this had was a moody soliloquy. Which makes me wonder what's going to happen in the later issues. Makes me also wonder what happened in the year between the old series and this new one.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Flashpoint is the second story arc.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:25 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, I remember. But for some reason I accidentally wrote Flashpoint instead of Commencement. No idea why. I can remember exactly the order the TPBs went.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:43 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Is anyone else wondering where Jarael is?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yes and no. I remember reading that some of the others probably won't be in it - or if they are, then they won't be in it much - so I wasn't surprised when neither Marn nor Jarael weren't in it. Then again, the setting of this issue wasn't really one to allow them to be in it. I'm sure being a conscript in the Republic army doesn't allow for its soldiers to have hangers on (although plenty of Earth armies in the past did have such a thing).

I also have the theory that something may have happened to her, and that's why Zayne is so glum.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:31 am Reply with quote  

I think only a month has passed in-universe. Personally I'd like to think Jarael is okay. Maybe Zayne is moody cause he's away from all his friends and being forced into the middle of battlefields led by an officer he doesn't like at all.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

What makes you think that? The interviews I've read have it at almost a year after the old series. The only thing I can think of that might put it within a month's time frame is a quote from the comic:

Quote:
I ran a lot last year. I thought I was done. When my family moved back to Phaeda from Dantooine, I tried to go home --

-- Only to get picked up as soon as I reached the spaceport. The Mandalorians were near. Phaeda needed recruits. I just didn't expect to face it so soon.

Though that presumes they moved back directly after Demon.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:39 pm Reply with quote  

John Jacksom Miller said this on Twitter back when he did his live chat for Dark Horse Comics...

Quote:
JJM: @DarkHorseComics The series takes place weeks after the end of the last volume of KOTOR, and 6 years before the 1st game.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:28 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Bah. I missed a lot of that twitter live chat. Oh well. Thanks, Skuls.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:27 am Reply with quote  

John has posted his production notes for KOTOR: War #2

Link: http://www.farawaypress.com/comics/swkotorwar/swkotorwar2.html

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:12 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So I read an advance copy of this. Its has some information and some character development/introduction but no real action this time around. I dunno what its building to though, that's the rough part. Still, its good and its nice to see Zayne.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 4 of 6