Battlefront III: Discussion, Hopes, and Speculation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:26 pm Reply with quote  

Well they could do BF III and have a commander if they made it like Battlefield 2142. That game has a commander, and in the Titan game mode there is a ship like fortress that the commander can control with gun emplacements (the gun emplacements must be manned by gunners). The commander can also drop supplies, activate a UAV which reveals enemy units within a certain radius, and a few other things. I've been a commander in that game and it creates a nice bridge between FPS and strategy games (provided you have a competent team that doesn't lone wolf).

Speaking of that game one thing I would like to see "ported" from 2142 is squad play where you can form actual squads with a leader that can give orders to attack or defend cps and stuff.

Overall I like Battlefront but I have to say that in Battlefield there are a lot of elements that make it a superior game in many ways (a commander, squads). If Battlefront included those elements in the next version I think they would really improve the game.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:13 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Squads is an aspect I really want to see improved. In Battlefront it was there but they left you quickly, in Battlefront II I didn't even realize the commands were there until after I beat the game. Make it like Battlefield squads, and that would be one heck of a game, that's for sure.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:27 pm Reply with quote  

I just thought of this but if they really made squad play more enhanced they could then redefine the "officer" classes (Clone Commander etc.) to instead of being unlockable after X points make them exclusive to squad leaders.

Basically improve those classes and then make it so a squad leader instantly spawns as that class (in essence it would become the "squad leader class" instead of just another arbitrary class that can be played by anyone).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:32 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Excellent idea, SV. That makes a lot of sense and wouldn't be hard to do at all. That would be amazing on online too. I'd like more heroes and more time with them; not Jedi, however-- Cody, Rex, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:07 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

i think as far as space battles, it could be way better. have bigger ship interiors, and, be able to fully control the capital ships. not just one person in control though. like, one person flying (navigator) one manning different turbolaser banks (gunners) or other positions.
i would also like to have the squad aspect be worked on, make it more like that of republic commando, and i'd be happy.
i'd also like to see more variety of ships in space. like, have hero ships, like slave I, the falcon, etc.

and, yes, more eras! i wanna see some KOTOR sith vs. republic, or see thrawns fleet take on the rebels, NR.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:13 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

kamenkewl wrote:
and, yes, more eras! i wanna see some KOTOR sith vs. republic, or see thrawns fleet take on the rebels, NR.

Or LotF with Caedus. Very Happy

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:31 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Judicar wrote:

Or LotF with Caedus. Very Happy

You and your Jacen But, really, more eras are essential. If I have to play the Battle of Hoth one more time...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:42 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Son Of Skywalker wrote:
If I have to play the Battle of Hoth one more time...

Ah, but I love being in AT-ATs Very Happy...but I know what you mean.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:50 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well, yes. I can understand giving a character a story for it, like they did with Dash Rendar. I know it's coming to Galaxies, which will be fun.

I also think Galactic Conquest should be expanded upon; it's what war really feels like I assume.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:23 pm Reply with quote  

I certainly think some of the maps should be expanded in scope. Like both BF I and II seemed like their version of Geonosis was too small once you got in a ship or something (though I liked the overall layout of BF I's version better).

In some cases it has also bugged me that the map didn't really look too much like the way it was in the movies. For example, Hoth always seemed like it should be much more flat and much much larger. It just seems weird that the AT-ATs end up going down this very narrow gauntlet of hills in the game. That being said its a rather fun map, just not exactly as accurate to the movies as I would like.

I think they overall have a good idea for galactic conquest. what they need to do I think is expand on maps where vehicles aren't just a part of the map but essential to it. Sort of make the maps so proper use of armored units is essential to attack and defense but also for actually transporting troops into battle. Again I'm thinking of maps from Battlefield 2142 where they're so large using armored units for troop transport is required to get to the action quickly but also large enough that you could be at one area of the map and have all the combat taking place at the other end of the map beyond visual range.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:08 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

It's interesting; lately I've taken a fancy to playing the original Battlefront online. Let me tell you, it's still packed in terms of players; almost all games are full, if not close, and it's fun.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:21 am Reply with quote  

One gripe I have is the AT-ATs are too slow. The things could go 60km/h, they were meant to cover ground in a timely manner, maybe not blindingly fast, but certainly not turtle speed.

And I'm all for bigger maps. Especially for Hoth. It should be flat, and the edges of the map should simply be an invisible wall.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:37 pm Reply with quote  

well I think the AT-ATs are so slow because if they went at the speed their supposed to you could cover the map way too fast. Basically by making it go slow it simulates the map being much larger than it is because it takes longer to go across.

Make the maps as big as they should be according to the movies and they could speed the ships up.

One thing that also occurred to me is they need to redo some of the AI so that they can actually use some of the gunner positions. For example, on the transport ships in space battles at least one position (the guided rockets) are unusable by the AI. Now I'm not saying make it so the AI can shoot down fighter-interceptors with the missiles but at least make it so they can use it to hit large more stationary targets like the capital ships.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:42 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

You heard it at EUC first: Battlefront III Official

We also already have an Ultimate Guide for Battlefront III, which can be seen here.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:21 am Reply with quote  

Rebellion, cool. Those guys have made some good games including Call of Duty World at War, Battlefront Renegade Squadron, and one of my personal favorites, Sniper Elite. I'm confident they'll come up with a good game.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Page 2 of 8