Dawn of the Jedi
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I am actually really excited about this. I think this'll be a great series. The Legacy comics have had some ups and downs but overall were interesting, the Knights of the Old Republic comics were fantastic, and Invasion has been pretty good to honestly. I'm really happy we get to see the Jedi begin and we get full visual art with it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:20 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Once this comes out, I'm going to stay well away from this thread as I'm going to wait to get the TPB.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:02 am Reply with quote  

An even better preview from io9, this one is 3 pages longer and it has an interview with John and Jan.

Link: http://io9.com/5877147/an-exclusive-sneak-peek-of-dawn-of-the-jedi-the-mysterious-new-star-wars-comic

As for the Imperial symbol, I'm fine with it. All symbols have an origin and with this one being so old, it gives it new meaning. Plus the temples aren't evil, I don't think.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:21 pm Reply with quote  

FYI: Dawn of the Jedi #0 is going to be a guide like issue, similar to the KOTOR Handbook. It'll have bios of the characters, short descriptions of the places, tech, and ships, etc. Plus pictures of everything.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'll be picking up that 0 issue release day

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:06 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Is Adam Hughes going to be doing covers for this series? I couldn't find a credit for the flying rancor pic, but it looked like his stuff and he did do covers for Legacy.

On that note, I don't really want to read this series because of the artwork for Legacy. The art itself is fine, but everyone looks nu-metal. If you don't know that means do a google image search and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

Is this Star Wars or the video for the song "Hero" w/ Chad Kroger and Josie Scott?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:14 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
On that note, I don't really want to read this series because of the artwork for Legacy. The art itself is fine, but everyone looks nu-metal. If you don't know that means do a google image search and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

Is this Star Wars or the video for the song "Hero" w/ Chad Kroger and Josie Scott?

Yeah well, tastes are personal, but I dont agree with you on the nu-metal thing accept for maybe the One Sith. The One Sith have adopted a look of terror I agree, but it's one I can agree too because of who they are. The other characters and locations however where overall brilliantly done by Jan Duursema, one of the best SW comic artists there are right now IMO. There was nothing nu-metal about those.

I also think that it fits the SW tradition to base something that we see in SW or the EU on something that exists in real life. Whether it be visually or storyline wise. One of the great powers of SW is often the recognisability of certain characters, places and styles and the associations they invoce with us fans.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm just sayin.

Look at this picture. The next Sith lord?

Naw, this dude is in Limp Bizkit.

Actually, that's pretty cool. Carry on.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I could see him as Darth Krayt and Darth Talon's secret love baby Wink
No, seriously, I see what you mean, but you have to admit it is a look befitting of a Sith.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

He looks a lot like Nihl actually.

But in all seriousness the Sith tattooing themselves and such has been super popular for over a decade now. The One Sith embracing it as a visible display of it is interesting to me. I didn't see anything 'nu metal' as you saw.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:

But in all seriousness the Sith tattooing themselves and such has been super popular for over a decade now. The One Sith embracing it as a visible display of it is interesting to me. I didn't see anything 'nu metal' as you saw.

Yeah, I agree. And Maul was tattooed long before Legacy came along.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cerrinea wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:

Yeah, I agree. And Maul was tattooed long before Legacy came along.

Totally the example I was thinking of.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It actually wasn't so much the Sith I was referring to, but to other people. In particularly Cade Skywalker.

My real point about the styles is that there is a certain fashion and look to things that I think you see a lot in the EU comics, with all the characters dressing like "scoundrels" from Mos Eisley. Sure these are the types of characters that the stories are dealing with so you'd expect them to be scruffy lookin... but when you look at the other types of characters you get a lot of different style. Especially in the movies. Things had a totally different look in the OT than in the PT, except the Jedi. You expect them to stay the same.

What I'm getting at is that I should think that Dawn era would look nothing like Old Republic, Empire, New Republic, or Legacy, but what I've seen it kinda looks the same. I think this is due to the fact that artists have their own style and ideas and they tend to create characters that are similar. That's the real reason I'd like to see a different artist on Dawn. I was just joking around a bit with the other stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So issue #0 is out now, has anyone read it?

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Crash Override wrote:
So issue #0 is out now, has anyone read it?

No blast it! I am low on cash and couldn't make it to the comic book store till next week!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 4 of 9