Zombie Apocalypse: Cantina Style
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:01 am Reply with quote  

Reep was going at break neck speed, which was rather fast given he was in plate armor. Fortunately his legs were comparatively short so it didnít take the group long to catch up.

So do you have a plan to get these survivors out or are we going to pull a break out of detention block AA-23 and improvise? Vorn huffed as he jogged next to the determined mouse.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

The sounds of screaming grew nearer as Padme ran. She managed to get a couple of steps ahead of Reepicheep, determined to at least scope out the situation before charging in. It was something she didn't think likely that the mouse would do, overcome as he currently was by his overdeveloped sense of chivalry.

Coming to a corner, she threw out an arm to signal the rest of the group to stop as she whipped a pair of binoculars from her belt. Behind her, she could hear Vorn and Reepcheep speaking in hushed voices. Planning, she hoped. Training her binoculars down the road, she could see a large group of Undead clustered around three men, who were armed only with baseball bats and what looked like a table leg. Behind them, a woman pressed herself against a store wall, shielding a child.

Aw, kriff, Padme groaned. She had been hoping for easy.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep raised his eyebrows at Salaris, "I'm not the planner, I'm the doer. Do you have any plans?"

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:41 am Reply with quote  

Vorn shot Reep a glare

Iím not the one who went charging off on a suicide mission Vorn muttered

Seeing Padmeí signal everyone to halt Vorn slowed to a walk and then quietly crept up next to her to see what she had spotted. Wordlessly she pointed down the road and handed Vorn the binoculars. The survivors were holding the zombies off, for the time being but fatigue was beginning to show on their faces. And it was no wonder, behind the zombie horde were at least a dozen decapitated zombies laying on the ground. Spotting some movement to the side Vorn trained the binoculars on some crouching zombies. As the view came into focus he saw they were ripping at the innards of a disemboweled survivor. Vorn closed his eyes briefly when he saw that the limbs of the survivor twitched with every tear and bite, not wanting to imagine what that former survivor was experiencing. Opening his eyes again he surveyed the scene one final time before hading the binoculars back to Padmeí.

We need some kind of distraction to get the zombieís attention away from those survivors Vorn whispered to no one in particular

Vorn spotted a Jeep with a jerry can in the back. Please be full, please be full He thought as he crept over and lifted it carefully and was rewarded to with the weight of a nearly full can. Unscrewing the cap Vorn sniffed to be sure it was full of gas and not water. Satisfied he began rummaging through the rest of the contents in the Jeep.

What are you looking for? Padmeí inquired

Emergency flare and duct tape Vorn replied without looking up

If we have that we can duct tape the flare into the mouth and create a pretty decent attention grabbing fireball, preferably at the entrance to a side road so the zombies won't immediately home in on our location. With any luck the zombies turn their attention away from those survivors...after that it gets tricky Vorn granted it wasnít much of a plan but it seemed preferable to Reepís idea of charging in, sword gleaming in the last rays of the setting sun, hollering defiant battle cries before the darkness set in forever.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:25 pm Reply with quote  

A few seconds later they had found both a flare and duct tape. Using his wakisashi Vorn cut off most of the flare leaving at most two inches. He then quickly duct tapped the small tip into the mouth of the jerry can.

Ok Iíll place this at the entry to the alley there Vorn said pointing to an alley enterence 15 yards away on the opposite side of the street.

Iíll position myself on the opposite side of this T intersection. We fire when the jerry can goes off or in 30 seconds whichever happens first. Focus on the zombies towards the front and middle of the group. But be mindful of bullets passing through zombies, we donít want to kill the survivors weíre trying to save. Once we get their attention Reep have at them.

Without waiting for comments Vorn raced off to place the jerry can

Frakk but I hope this draws the zombies attention so they donít immediately home in on us.

Reaching the alley Vorn placed down the jerry can and popped the flare. He was rewarded with a loud hiss followed by bright red flames. Vorn began sprinting away towards his position, but before he could get far the jerry can exploded. The force of the explosion, much greater then he anticipated, knocked him to the ground and he was dimly aware of burning chunks of plastic landing on and around him. From the corner of his eye he saw a muzzle flash.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Padme threw an arm over her eyes to shield them from the unexpectedly large blast.

Holy....was it supposed to be that impressive?" she wondered aloud. Spotting Vorn sprawled on the ground across the interactions, she guessed the answer to be "no". Nonetheless, the explosion had served its intended purpose. The zombies had definitely noticed it. Almost as one, they turned and let out bloodcurdling shrieks.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:25 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The blast reverberated through Reepicheep's iron-encassed body. After the unified shriek the zombies froze. Their stupid, rotting faces bore what looked like confusion.

"Now is our chance", Reepicheep said, his heart quickening to battle-readiness. "I'll go in the midst of them and go for their Achille's heel and smite them on the ground, as usual. You can keep a safe distance, if you desire, but keep your shots high. They won't see me approaching, so wait until I'm among them before you attack."

Reepicheep crawled quickly, but nimbly towards the dazed zombies. He swerved through pieces of debris to avoid detection until he stood at the feet of the nearest zombie. "Ha! Villain, meet your doom!" Reepicheep yelled as he sliced its tendon. The zombie crashed down and pathetically attempted to rise as Reepicheep jumped up and brought his sword down on its frontal lobe. Some of the other zombies were shaken back into awareness. Reepicheep heard gunshots.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Padme gave a shake of her head at the mouse's slightly overdramatic battle cries before she raising her rifle and firing off a few shots. The survivors quickly fell back against the store wall, trying to shield the child's view of the carnage. She paused for a moment to glance back over at Vorn, who was slowly beginning to rouse himself.

"You all right?" she called, taking a few steps in his direction, squeezing off a couple more rounds as she did so.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:21 pm Reply with quote  

Vorn shook his head trying to clear his mind. To his right he heard Reepís muffled battle cry. Must remember to the flare longer next time...assuming there is a next time

You all right? Padmeí called

Fine..just a little dazed Vorn called back as he pushed himself up into a kneeling position. He gave a thumbs up and tried to smile reassuringly just in case his voice hadnít carried.

Vorn then quickly checked himself for injuries. Aside from a few minor burns there were any significant injuries, and more importantly he still had his weapons. Attempting to stand Vorn quickly thought better of it when his legs buckled underneath him. His brain had mostly cleared but it would take a little while longer for his sense of balance to be fully restored.

Fine Iíll fight kneeling...lets just hope my balance is restored soon enough so I can run when the time comes He thought, knocking an arrow. He now held his bow at an angle to ensure the bottom tip was clear of the ground and so his forward leg wouldnít prevent him from pulling the bow string to a maximum draw. Aiming his first arrow he drew and fired. The arrow missed his target, but not by much and in the end it still hit a zombie thanks to their clustering in a group. Knocking another arrow he aimed and fired again, this time hitting his intended target squarely in the head.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:31 am Reply with quote  

Up on the roof, Skuldren and Life judged the distance to the nearest building and the best way to build some kind drawbridge. In the distance there was sporadic gunfire. The sky a distracting blue.

"It's too nice a day for this kind of nightmare." Skuldren said out loud to no one in particular, even though he knew Life would be listening.

Oddly, a shadow slid across the roof. A very large shadow.

Skuldren looked up expecting to see a vulture or a large hawk. Instead, he saw the most bizarre and frightening thing since this nightmare began.

"Kriff me sideways. That's a flying zombie."

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

My jaw dropped; I felt my face go cold. A flying zombie? There have been many things that I have seen in this world that took my breath away for sheer beauty or oddity, but these undead things stole the crown. Automatically I twisted, raised my rifle and fired a few rounds, all desire for stealth forgotten, torn from my mind at the absurdity of what flew before me. 'Nature must have a sense of humour,' I called to Skuldren. 'Because only a mother could love such an face as that. Or be forced to.' I said and pointed to this monster.

'A few bullets should make it prettier,' said Skuldren, some way off to my left, as the flying zombie dived out of sight, its shrieks echoing about us.

'I get the distinct feeling we're being toyed with.' I growled.

'Maybe no one told it it's not polite to play with its food. Let's teach it some manners.'
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:53 pm Reply with quote  

Skuldren holstered his pistol and unslung his shotgun. "Just like Duck Hunt."

Right on cue, the zombie lurched into view with it's rotting, morbid wings. The pained expression on the creature was terrifying. A cross between anguish, fury, and hunger.

Clicking off the safety, Skuldren shouldered the shotgun, drew a bead on his target, and fired off a shot. A half dozen pellets of buckshot slammed into the zombie, but with little effect.

"Dang. This is going to harder than I thought."

The zombie screamed and dived at Skuldren, forcing him to drop to his belly and narrowly miss having his head ripped off. The flying undead zoomed by with a whoosh of air. Life took a few more shots and the creature disappeared again.

"I think we need a flamethrower."

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:25 pm Reply with quote  

The horde of zombies had largely abandoned their attack on the small group of survivors, now turning to attack the new threat coming from behind. Towards the center of the group Vorn saw zombies dropping, presumably as Reep's blade found another victim. Despite the concentrated fire the zombies slowly edged closer. Vorn could see zombies crawling on the ground, apparently too wounded to walk but not enough to remain dead.

Now it gets interesting Vorn thought as he fired another arrow.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:06 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I checked at Skuldren's words. Flamethrower? A grin slowly spread across my face. The situation certainly called for drastic measures, and, I admit, it certainly sounded like a lot of fun, to have one of those beasts at hand. Wait, I thought, does he really have one, or is he merely thinking out loud? even just an aerosol deodorant can and a lighter would do, but I confess I really, really wanted the proper thing. 'Go! I'll cover you!' I yelled, and leaned over the edge of the roof to shoot into the flying zombie's back. It shrieked, the sound like twisting metal, and flew up into the air and dived at us, extending what I could only surmise were its claws. As Skuldren made his way back to the entrance, firing his shotgun at the beast, I spread my arms wide, firing my rifle in the air, making myself a target, distracting it. It turned to me, its dead-eyed gaze fixing on mine. It worked its jaw, as if it could already taste me. I started to realise that this may not be a good idea, after all.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:35 am Reply with quote  

Sometimes fate has an odd way of smiling on you.

Four years ago, Skuldren found himself with a wad of money and nothing to spend it on. As chance would have it, he had a friend with a very special toy that he wanted to get rid of. It wasn't cheap, a whopping four grand in hard earned money, but it was vintage and it worked.

Skuldren flew down into the cantina as quickly as possible, skipping steps and racing to the table with his pile of weaponry. Not wasting any time to strap the thing on, he simply grabbed the flamethrower and ran back up to the roof.

Life was running across the roof from the beast while pouring gunfire over his shoulder.

"I got it! Run this way!" Skuldren put down the flamethrower and unslung his shotgun, opening fire on the charging flying zombie.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying

Page 9 of 10