ROTS vs. TPM
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which movie do you like better?
The Phantom Menace
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Revenge of the Sith
88%
 88%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 25

ROTS vs. TPM
 PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:32 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I personally liked ROTS better than TPM because ROTS has more action and- OK, I just learned this word in English class today- foreshadowing. Basically what that means is ...
I think at least 1/2 of TPM is sucky. it has too much political talk, I mean, what are we all, lawyers from a different galaxy. Seriously. Shocked

-Ben Kenobi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:02 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Don't get me wrong, I really like all six main Star Wars movies, but ROTS is my least favourite.

Because you know how it's going to end, the plot was rather predictable. And this is hard to explain, and is probably just me, but to me it felt like I was watching something closer to historical fiction. Like, an artist's rendition of the historical events of the fall of the Republic and rise of the Empire. Rather than have much emotional depth, it was just giving us the facts about "what really happened when the Empire came to power".

That said, the novelization of ROTS is my favourite Star Wars book. Stover does such a good job at building the characters, and the emotions, and everything. I loved that book. It also confirmed one important detail that all other sources seem to miss: Dooku knew that Sidious and Palpatine were the same person. Other sources never show that.

My favourite prequel film is actually Attack of the Clones. Fun science-fictiony adventure, the building romance while it was still pure (without all the jealousy), and great characterization (the devoted Senator, the brash young man leaping head-first into the world, the father-figure who is not at all prepared to deal with his son, etc.)

My film order (starting with the best): 5, 4, 2, 6, 1, 3. But again, they're all good. Just because Episode III is last, doesn't mean it's bad. It's just 7/10 over Episode V's 10/10.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:09 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

RotS. Not even a question.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:50 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

ROTS definately better than TPM

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:07 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

ROTS

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm not even going to choose between the two. One was a movie that laid the foundation that was the culmination in the other movie. It's not even close to fair to compare them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Dooku knew that Sidious and Palpatine were the same person.

Shocked Shocked Shocked I thought that was a given.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:55 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

ROTS was clearly the best. It had so much action, romance/sex, mystery. at first anakin was like this, then he turned to the dark side and looked like this

-Ben Kenobi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:08 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Most definitely RotS.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

They're completely different types of films. Revenge of the Sith is a character study while The Phantom Menace has an ensemble cast with a much broader adventure story.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:53 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I really like all six main Star Wars movies, but ROTS is my least favourite.

Because you know how it's going to end, the plot was rather predictable. And this is hard to explain, and is probably just me, but to me it felt like I was watching something closer to historical fiction. Like, an artist's rendition of the historical events of the fall of the Republic and rise of the Empire. Rather than have much emotional depth, it was just giving us the facts about "what really happened when the Empire came to power".

That said, the novelization of ROTS is my favourite Star Wars book. Stover does such a good job at building the characters, and the emotions, and everything. I loved that book. It also confirmed one important detail that all other sources seem to miss: Dooku knew that Sidious and Palpatine were the same person. Other sources never show that.

My favourite prequel film is actually Attack of the Clones. Fun science-fictiony adventure, the building romance while it was still pure (without all the jealousy), and great characterization (the devoted Senator, the brash young man leaping head-first into the world, the father-figure who is not at all prepared to deal with his son, etc.)

My film order (starting with the best): 5, 4, 2, 6, 1, 3. But again, they're all good. Just because Episode III is last, doesn't mean it's bad. It's just 7/10 over Episode V's 10/10.

WRONG ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

-Ben Kenobi

!
 PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:01 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's like asking which would you rather have pulled out with pliers, your teeth or your fingernails?

While fingernails hurt more, you need your teeth. Guess which one is which movie.

I much prefer TPM. While it is a terrible film, the only things truly wrong with it are annoying characters and a pacing that can't seem to decide where it wants the story to go. The characters fit fine within their world and their story, it's just one that you don't really want to see.

ROTS is bad on all accounts, no only are the characters annoying and the pacing all over the place, the story is sloppy, the dialogue is atrocious and horribly acted and the CGI is laughable or maybe cry-able. It has several scenes that just ruin the characters, in particular the duel with Sidious and Mace Windu. The only good thing about the movie that holds true to the character is Anakin's murder rampage. At the same time it's one of the worst things because it is so dark and out of character with Star Wars. It's like Lucas said, "You complained that Jar Jar was too kid friendly? Well, I'm going to kill kids! How do you like that?"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:02 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I love TPM, but I have to say between the two ROTS is my favorite.

ROTS it starts out in the fun action adventure and then after the 1 hour mark just turns heartbreaking. Order 66, Anakin v. Obi-wan, the death of Padme, the birth of Vader. Some of my favorite moments from the saga come from that last hour and change of ROTS.
www.FanboysTalking.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:29 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: Planet Spacoid, (if you look it up on facebook, you will find it)

I totally love Rots but for some weird reason I watch Tpm way more. But, i would have to say, go Rots

Last edited by Darth Bane on Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:25 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

ROTS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 1 of 4