Blood Ties: Boba Fett is Dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:59 am Reply with quote  

Tom Taylor posted a good pic of cover #3.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:07 pm Reply with quote  

Rebelscum.com has a first look at the variant cover for Boba Fett is Dead #1. I like the retro style with the red background.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm excited about this after reading Blood Ties. Cool

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:06 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I don't like it. Looks a bit like he's doing a head-spin on a dance floor.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:31 am Reply with quote  

Boba break dancing on some bar in the Outer Rim, and lo a behold some thug comes out of nowhere and shoots him in the head. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:49 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I kinda agree with Life, there isn't much too look at.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Boba break dancing on some bar in the Outer Rim, and lo a behold some thug comes out of nowhere and shoots him in the head. Laughing

Disco Stu is coming for you, Boba.

You never can tell what lurks behind the glasses. Laughing
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Do we have an era for when this is set yet?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:26 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

No idea beyond speculation.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:53 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I personally prefer the idea of Boba's pre-Ep IV or inbetween IV and V. But, this is "Boba Fett is Dead" and from what I understand, Fett was in FotJ/LotF so maybe it's set after. Maybe about vengeance after his death? The rest of the underworld scrambling to claim his spot? But I don't think that would fit in with the "Blood Ties" Jango/Boba relationship thing. Maybe they're just using the same title. I think I'm gonna go ahead and agree with the people who disagree with the title. It'll be interesting. We thought Fett was dead before, but he was "somewhat indegestible".

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:28 am Reply with quote  

Cover for #2:

via Rebelscum.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:06 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Awesome! I'm so glad Boba isn't really dead...

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:39 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

With stormtroopers on covers #2 and #3, I'm dyin' know what place in the timeline Boba Fett is Dead is.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Maybe it takes place around the beginning of ROTJ? I say this because that kind of looks like Tatooine, and I had the thought that we might be getting another story placed around the time of the Sarlacc Dive.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I really like the idea of killing Boba Fett before ROTJ. Let's just ret-con the entire series after A New Hope.

But for actually killing Boba Fett, I liked Last One Standing. The whole idea of post-ROTJ Fett is that the guy is unkillable. That was what was cool about pre-retconned Fett, you didn't know who he was and maybe he could live for another 200 years.

But if he had to die, I think it should be through suicide. Yeah, it's dark as hell, but it's something that hasn't been done.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 3 of 5