Star Wars Questions/Answers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It's funny because it was a blooper and later in the same scene you see the actor very carefully duck under the door.

The other two scenes are homages to it like Life said, suggesting that stormtrooper was a Jango clone and men with that genetic profile are prone to hitting their heads. I didn't even remember Rex hitting his head but that video came up when I was looking for the other two.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

How did I never know this? Razz

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:42 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

It's shocking, Reep. I'm considering revoking your fandom card Laughing
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:32 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
DannikJerriko wrote:
On the subject of Stormtroopers, do we know when the last Jango Fett clone was killed and the Stormtroopers were recruits-only?

The last Jango clone was probably Klick in Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor.

The 501st Legion was supposed to be entirely Jango Fett clones until at least the Battle of Hoth (per Battlefront II), and the Legion was still around until at least the Battle of Endor. So I'm thinking there were still more Fett clones around after Klick, since many would still be alive in the 501st less than a year earlier.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Alright, here's a really esoteric non-lore question:

Does anyone have issue #13 of Star Wars Galaxy magazine?

It has an interview with Tom Veitch and Daniel Wallace which I am interested in the details of. I have the following passage from it:

"From my point of view, I think it's profoundly important to 'penetrate the dark side and learn its secrets.' That's the hero's main task, in fact--not simply killing off his enemies. A personality that is divided into warring opposites must somehow become whole and complete. Carl Jung would call it 'integrating the Shadow.'

"The three existing Star Wars films are about the battle of the hero and the Shadow in the form of the dark father. If there are ever to be filmed sequels to the current trilogy, it would be logical and mythologically satisfying to somehow depict 'integrating the Shadow.' In psychological terms, that would be inevitable, as part of the process of reunification of the galaxy and the re-emergence of the Jedi Knights. If the dark side is simply suppressed, pushed into the unconscious, then it will surely rise again."

As an aside, the person that furnished me that quote also stated:

"As for Vergere's Sith status, I can't speak in any official way about that, but I think it was left purposely ambiguous as a compromise between those who loved and hated Vergere's ideas. IMO, Vergere's teachings in Traitor don't closely parallel those of Lumiya throughout Legacy of the Force, and that should make us suspicious of Lumiya's claims concerning her."

Wow, reading my PM inbox for an old username I abandoned years ago is enlightening to what I used to enjoy about Star Wars.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:54 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

A few political/ bureaucratic issues.

What was Darth Vader's actual role in the Imperial Government?

Why did Emperor Palpatine go by his real name instead of Emperor Sidious?

The Empire has an Executive Administrator and Legislative Regional Governors. The New Republic/ Galactic Alliance has an Executive Administrator and Legislative Regional Governors. So what is the difference?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:17 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:

Because he was in charge. He had all the marbles at that point and did not have to hide his true indentity any longer.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:30 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:

The Empire has an Executive Administrator and Legislative Regional Governors. The New Republic/ Galactic Alliance has an Executive Administrator and Legislative Regional Governors. So what is the difference?

I always thought Vader's role was Dark Lord of the Sith- that Palpatine let the Galaxy think Vader was THE LORD- whereas only a select few knew the real truth- but who needed the truth- the bottom line- the Dark Lord of the Sith was Palpatine's errand boy. So obviously Palpatine was a POWERFUL being to get a Sith to kneel to him.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:

1: Like IR2 said, he was more Palpatine's errand boy than actually having a role in the government. He did have a rank, and so he had enough pull to make people follow his orders, but as far as I'm aware he had no actual role in the government.

2: I theorise that it's because Palpatine was what he was known as to the population. He didn't necessarily have to hide his Sith ties, but I do think he elected not to broadcast it, in case some in the populace suddenly develop a memory for history.

3: I'm not sure. Most likely that there wasn't much difference. Looking at history, we can see that when one government falls and is replaced by another, not much by way of structure and management changes. However, that's not to say their practices are the same. It's likely that government policy was dramatically changed, and so instead of Imperial EALRGs having stormtroopers banging down the doors of innocent victims, NR EARLGs would probably not do that ...
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:07 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Re: Dark Lord Of The Sith: the comic series "Star Wars Empire 1-4: Betrayal" established that the Moffs knew that Palpatine was a Sith. Their plot in that comic arc was to destroy Vader and Sidious so that the Empire would be ruled by regular men, not Sith.

Re: Vader's role: I'm not sure if he had a specific role in the government, but he was the Supreme Commander of the Empire's military. There used to be a chart on Wookieepedia, but I can't find it anymore.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:16 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Good points. I wasn't being entirely serious with that last question. It just struck me as odd that the Galactic Empire really isn't so much an empire; where the Emperor still has power he seems to have as much power as any other Head Of State and the government seems to be capable of functioning entirely without him. In fact the idea that for most of the Empire's history in the EU it didn't have an Emperor always seemed kind of strange to me.

I think the thing with Palpatine was it was originally either meant that he was not a Sith, or just unclear. You know that the Sith are not even mentioned in the OT, so it could be said that a Sith was just a dark Jedi. I would have liked to have had that accounted for in the PT, but alas...

I assumed that Vader was the head of the military. Thanks for clearing that up.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:33 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Re: Dark Lord Of The Sith: the comic series "Star Wars Empire 1-4: Betrayal" established that the Moffs knew that Palpatine was a Sith. Their plot in that comic arc was to destroy Vader and Sidious so that the Empire would be ruled by regular men, not Sith.

Re: Vader's role: I'm not sure if he had a specific role in the government, but he was the Supreme Commander of the Empire's military. There used to be a chart on Wookieepedia, but I can't find it anymore.

I think I know the one you mean. Try http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Organization_of_the_Galactic_Empire_Special_Operations_Command instead (look to the media section).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:46 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Good points. I wasn't being entirely serious with that last question. It just struck me as odd that the Galactic Empire really isn't so much an empire; where the Emperor still has power he seems to have as much power as any other Head Of State and the government seems to be capable of functioning entirely without him. In fact the idea that for most of the Empire's history in the EU it didn't have an Emperor always seemed kind of strange to me.

I think the thing with Palpatine was it was originally either meant that he was not a Sith, or just unclear. You know that the Sith are not even mentioned in the OT, so it could be said that a Sith was just a dark Jedi. I would have liked to have had that accounted for in the PT, but alas...

The ironic thing is that NJO and Outbound Flight cast a benevolent light to Palpatine's rise to power. Vergere and Doriana respectively announce that Palpatine had a vision of invading "Far Outsiders," i.e. Vong, and his orchestrations were designed two-fold: to fight the Jedi and to fight the Vong. Because of this, I don't th

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:51 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:

The ironic thing is that NJO and Outbound Flight cast a benevolent light to Palpatine's rise to power. Vergere and Doriana respectively announce that Palpatine had a vision of invading "Far Outsiders," i.e. Vong, and his orchestrations were designed two-fold: to fight the Jedi and to fight the Vong. I think he would have preferred the title Emperor then, instead of Sith, because it would have given him more control over the military and populace to achieve his designs. But that's just conjecture on my part.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:33 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
Taral-DLOS wrote:

I think I know the one you mean. Try http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Organization_of_the_Galactic_Empire_Special_Operations_Command instead (look to the media section).

No, it isn't any of those. It was something official, from one of the RPG books. I'm trying to find it, but I'm having difficulties.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 5 of 8