Roleplaying: Mercenary Mission One
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:59 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Ten minutes passed quickly as Aden watched shuttles and escape pods evacuate the lone frigate and gunships. When the New Republic commanding officer signaled they were complete, Aden gave the boarding crews, who were inbound to the frigate, the all clear to dock. Within five more minutes, the boarding crews had secured the frigate and one of the remaining gunships. The rest of the gunships were beyond repair, and Aden made the decision to leave them.

“We’re slaving our computer with the Glitterclaw's, commander. We should be done shortly," the boarding party's commander said over the com unit. Aden smiled. Though the Skar'kla Commandos had received major casualties, they'd survived Thrawn's test with flying colors. “Carry on, lieutenant. Carry on."

He turned to Tistell, who stood at attention to his right side. “Captain, recall all fighters and gunships. I want the fleet ready for hyperspace within the half hour. And start plotting a course back to Thrawn's meeting place." She nodded, and without another word, headed to the communications array.

The Republic shuttles cleared the Imperial's interdictor grav field and jumped to hyperspace. As Aden's battle adrenaline finally started to wear of, he noticed blood dripping from a singed area of skin on his thigh. Cursing his armor and pressing his hand against the wound, he made a mental note to visit the med bay when all this was done.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:53 pm Reply with quote  

It felt good to be back on the Glitterclaw. Saul clomped across the metal grid decking of the hangar toward the gathering of his squad mates. Everyone had a smile plastered on the faces, enjoying the relief of their victory. Everything had been a success.

Yet there was a solemn black cloud that hovered in the back's of their minds. No one wanted to say it, for now was not a time for mourning. They would do that later. For now they would celebrate their victory and the accomplishments of all their deeds, including those who had fallen in battle.

Odalis, we'll miss you.

"We sure showed them rebels today, hey boss!" Frender slapped Saul on the shoulder with exuberance.

"That we did pal, that we did." Saul flashed a half-hearted smile and tried to drag himself up in the mirth of the moment.

Skull and Bones Squadron gathered round and congratulated each other on a job well done. They exchanged stories of the wild maneuvers and close calls. They caught up on what they missed out on. And no one mentioned Odalis...or his death. Not yet.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:54 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

OOC:Just an update. I said Ferno rescued Skar'kla troopers from the Emperor's Bane. Pardon me it was from the Tusken Raider, the same troopers Aden Kadd previously abandoned.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:19 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

((Reepicheep, that doesn't really fit with what was going on, since they were in a pressurized chamber and wounded. I said earlier that a med skipper picked them up. So go ahead and keep it Emperor's Bane, though I don't really know what our troops would be doing on it...))

Twenty minutes till hyperspace. The starfighters were now docked in the hangers, and the gunships were aligned parallel with the Glitterclaw, awaiting the order to jump to hyperspace. Aden stared through the view port at the Imperial interdictor cruiser that was barely visible now as it cleared the battlefield, preparing for hyperspace. He couldn't blame the captain. He had been doing his duty. He found himself rather angry at Thrawn, or whoever had planned this trial for the Skar'kla Commandos, though he dared not do anything about it. No one in they're right mind attacked Thrawn's fleets. Especially now, with so many losses to they're ranks, they were in no shape to attack.

But maybe... just maybe... once this was all over, when the Republic beats Thrawn back like every other Imperial warlord before him, Aden could take his vengeance and teach the blue-skinned freak a lesson.

Aden stood in his armory now, wiping soot and smudge off his Verpine rifle and slowly removing his armor. He'd been wearing for more than four days straight, and he was ready to get into something more comfortable. Once the heavy Beskar armor was set in a tidy pile, he changed into a brown flight suit and grey, padded jacket that doubled as light body armor. Around his waist he pulled his gunbelt, looking more worn than ever after the latest fight, modified DL-44 hanging low on his thigh.

Now all he could do was wait for the fleet to jump to hyperspace. Aden headed out the door of his ready room, making his way torwards hangers, to talk to the troops.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:21 am Reply with quote  

Gavin was one of the last to depart from the shuttle that had ferried them from the Tusken Raider after it had delivered a fresh crew to man and repair the ship. He could see the rest of Dawn Flight leaving the hanger armory, once again dressed in regular pilots uniforms. Not that there is anything “uniform” about there dress. Probably the only thing that is the same is military issue gunbels they’re all wearingt.

Gavin noticed that Zoomer seemed quite absorbed with the blaster in he was carrying. Upon a closer look Gavin suspected it was a New Republic issue DH-17. Then again we did just come from a official military ship so maybe those gunbelts are spoils of war, that DH-17 Zoomer has certainly is.

Gavin then made his way to the hanger armory, stored his armor and got into his regular clothing. After being in the preassurized climate control suite for so long Gavin had almost forgotten how cold hangers can be and zipped his jacket half-way up.

As he turned to leave the armory he saw Zak Bendall standing in the doorway.

“The rest of Dawn Flight are over by the fighters and are waiting for you. I don’t think they really expect much of a debriefing by you. Really what they want to know is…well what happened to our squad mate.”

“I do know she was picked up and is in the med bay now. I was actually going to check up on her as soon as I drop some datacards off on the Dawn.”
Gavin began walking towards where Dawn Flight’s ships were all assembled and Zak Bendall solemnly fell into step.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:14 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

The turbolift doors opened to the main fighter hanger that spanned from the left side of the Glitterclaw to the right; the blast shields were down, and the pilots were emerging from they're ships and forming into squadrons. Ships were being stacked back on the racks. Engineers were running diagnostics on damaged ones.

Aden strolled through the bustle, shaking hands, making small talk, offering encouraging words, and reminiscing about the grueling fight they'd just finished. The majority of the crowd filed out of the hanger, while a few squadrons stayed behind, leaning against they're fighters and debriefing. Across the hanger Aden saw Gavin Vendar standing with his squad.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:47 am Reply with quote  

OOC: I just thought of how we can retcon the Skar'klas on Emperor's Bane. We just say those guys were some of the pilots who went EV during the battle or managed to escape our gunship that was destroyed. Either way they were picked up by the New Republic rescue transport.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:56 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

((Sounds good to me. I say we go with that.))

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:33 am Reply with quote  

Saul saw Commander Kad enter the hanger. He seemed to be head toward Gavin and Dawn Flight. Saul finished chucking off his gear into a supply bin and motioned for his squad to follow him over.

"Let's go see what the commanders got to say."

The eleven survivors of Skull and Bones Squadron swaggered over to the others.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:37 pm Reply with quote  

“…all together I think despite the casualties you all performed admirably. Now to matters of more immdediate concern to the unit: Ensign Lesyr Sel’lis’s condition. I haven’t been to the med bay so I don’t know much more than the rest of you. What I do know is that the rescue shuttle picked her up approximately 10 minutes after she went EV at which point she was still alive. Now normally this is within the range of a suite to protect the pilot against vacuum. However, based on her last transmissions her suite had suffered a malfunction.

What this exactly means for her survival I don’t know, as I’m sure you’re all aware it is standard policy of the Skar’kla Commando Medical Corps., in order to prevent to needless deaths, officers are not informed of the conditions of casualties so as not to hamper their ability to lead the rest of the unit. She is currently in the medical ward undergoing standard medical techniques for all casualties who are brought in under similar circumstances. That is to say she has been put in the first category of triage and will therefore be placed in the critical conditions section of the ward.”

Noticing that the rest of Dawn Flight was no longer looking at him and now were focused on something behind him he turned to see what was going on. To his amazement he saw Commander Kad coming towards them. Not that he was surprised to see the commander so much as surprised to see the commander out of his Mandalorian armor. Gavin also noticed that Skull and Bones were following behind.

“Dawn Flight attention!” Gavin snapped, unsure of why the commander was coming to visit but nevertheless determined to show the commander some form of military courtesy he felt was so often missing from many of the mercenary units. I can understand such behavior towards poor officers but Commander Kad has done a fairly decent job for someone thrown into such a difficult situation so shortly after assuming command and deserves some formal respect from his troops.

Gavin stood at attention as best he could but found it somewhat difficult with the adrenaline wearing off and fatigue starting to set in. He noticed the rest of Dawn Flight wearily stood at attention clearly showing similar levels of fatigue, and he suspected the only reason they obeyed the order at all was because he seldom required much else in the way of formal military discipline from them. Zak Bendall was the only member of Dawn Flight besides Gavin who was making an effort to overcome fatigue to stand in formal military fashion, the rest were standing somewhere between “attention” and “at ease” but it was good enough for Gavin considering what they had all just gone through.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

OOC: I made it so while flying, I found some soldiers that a group of Skar'kla's left behind. Hope that cleans everything up. Sorry for the trouble.

Ferno guided the damaged fighter back into the Glitterclaw. Greeting him was the mechanic who had been working on it.
"Listen, you, I don't care who you think you are, stealing a ship is..."
The mechanic kept talking, but Ferno blocked it out. He was in no mood to put up with it. He wasn't sure where the med bay was, so he put the injured Ska'klas on in an oversized wheelbarrow and continued on his way.
...Inferno, I'm talking to you!" the mechanic yelled. Ferno stopped and turned around, "What did you call me?"
"Inferno. Heard it was your nickname."
Ferno pulled out his vibro-knife.
The mechanic shrunk back, "Take it easy, kid..."
"Don't ever call me that again."
Ferno pocketed his vibro-knife and, to the mechanic's relief walked away.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:28 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

While he walked briskly across the bridge to greet Gavin, Aden saw Ferno Valorn jump out of a damaged fighter and load two injured solders into a cargo lifter. When a hanger engineer yelled something after Valorn, the young pilot swung around with a virboknife in hand. He waved the knife menacingly at the engineer, who slowly stepped backwards.

The pilot had just pulled his last straw. Aden decided it was time to teach the punk a lesson.

Aden bolted across the bridge. Ferno stuck the blade back into his belt and grabbed the handle of the cargo lifter, just in time for Aden to lay a punch into his ribs. The pilot crumpled to the ground, gasping for air. Valorn rolled over on his back to find Aden looking down at him, holding a DL-44 pointed at his chest. “Kark it, Valorn. What do you think you're doing, waving weapons around at people?" The pilot snarled and opened his mouth for a response.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ferno smiled, "Look who's talking, Commander-DL-44-In-face. Seriously though, you should really do something about that mechanic..."

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:47 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Aden fought the urge to blast the kid right then and there and grabbed Ferno's collar, pulling him to his feet. " No, private. The engineer is fine. You're the problem. You are no longer aloud to carry that weapon around the ship. And I don't want you flying again until you've received some proper training." He glanced down at the handle of the vibro knife resting on Ferno's belt. " And if I ever see you threatening another officer again, I'll have you spaced. Got it?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

"Fine, Commander High and mighty.", Ferno snapped.
He looked at the floor, "I'm sorry, Adenn. I should've known better. Could give me back either my vibro-knife or my right to fly in the next mission. Both is a bit drastic, don't you think?"

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying

Page 14 of 16