Star Wars Saga in 3D
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:09 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Movies in California are ten dollars plus another three for 3-d. Plus another 49.99 for popcorn and drinks.

You can get blu-ray videos for $7.99 at Best Buy. In fact, they have the hilarious Star Wars parody, Space Balls on sale now at that price. I'd suggest getting one for yourself and one for a friend and skipping out on seeing Episode One 3d in theaters.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:22 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Movies in California are ten dollars plus another three for 3-d. Plus another 49.99 for popcorn and drinks.

You can get blu-ray videos for $7.99 at Best Buy. In fact, they have the hilarious Star Wars parody, Space Balls on sale now at that price. I'd suggest getting one for yourself and one for a friend and skipping out on seeing Episode One 3d in theaters.

I have Space Balls.

And what kind of movies cost $7.99 on Blu-Ray? Its still difficult to find movies of decent quality on DVD for that price.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:21 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Just got back from midnight screening, and it was absolutely beautiful! The 3D viewing was just as good, if not better, than what James Cameron had with Avatar. The podrace was amazing and the duel of the fates topped it off with a bang. I really felt like I was in the action at some parts. The overall experience of seeing Star Wars in the theaters was amazing in itself, but the use of steroescopic 3D was the icing on that cake. At some spots, I couldn't believe I was watching a conversion. I highly recommend seeing it and I cannot wait to see the rest of the saga this way!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Joe, you've just rescued my hopes! Thanks, mate!

Okay, so I managed to con my dad and sister into seeing this with me, so I ordered the tickets last night. We'll be going on my sister's birthday, next Thursday.

I'm not all that interested in 3D, but still, this'll be my first 3D movie, so I want it to be good. And, Mara, I saw Ep I when it first came out in cinema (I made my family leave the house two hours before start time so we were first in line!). Maul, and the fight, was epic. You'll love it Very Happy .

Quote:

Shocked $50 for food and snacks? That's ... that's ... criminal! And it makes me feel bad for thinking that £5 (literally five pounds) for pick'n'mix and a drink of orange squash is ludicrously overpriced.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well for a family of four you'll surely be close to breaking a Benjamin.

I'm not trying to ruin anyone's movie theater experience. There is nothing like the big screen. But it's just too much for my wallet. I was joking about Redbox, but really since they have come out and I can get movies from across the street for a dollar it's pretty much killed the chances of me ever setting foot in a movie theater more than a couple times a year.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:26 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well, I'm just not going to miss out on watching the saga on the big screen again. And now I can do that together with my son. How cool is that!
I'll gladly pay those extra few bucks for 3D even though I dont care a lot for that (I do hope however that paying the extra money will buy me a cool experience for the evening) to see TPM on the big screen again.
I mean, what are we really talking about? You skip dessert a few times and you've earned it back Wink

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Well for a family of four you'll surely be close to breaking a Benjamin.

Yea, I brought 3 people with me, and I'm really glad they paid for their own tickets and popcorn... haha

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:53 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

i dnt no whether to go watch this yet, ive seen all 6 on the big screen already, life, it is robbery goin cinema now, me and my missus took my eldest daughter to watch toy story 3 in 3D when it was released and it cost us over £40 for the 3 of us Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:02 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I'm probably gonna go see it with my cousins over half term. Usually about £8 for a ticket here. For a medium sized caramel popcorn and a Pepsi it's about £5, which I think is a lot. I very rarely go to the cinema anyway (the prices are a factor) and I don't thiink I 've gone here yet, this is from what my brother and sister say.

And RE: DVD Prices: HMV sell the James Bond Movies (including Connery and Moore) for £3 each.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I just returned from seeing it. I was perfectly satisfied with the 3D. Not a bunch of stuff jumping out at your face. Just the foreground raised and some depth added, which was fine by me. And CG Yoda looked great. Such an improvement over that awful puppet. I also liked Jake Lloyd more than I remembered. I thought he was rather cute. I gotta say, though, I had forgotten how much danged screeching Jar Jar does, particular in his first 15 minutes. Good Lord. Make it stop.

Anyway, overall, I really enjoyed it.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:51 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Padme, that's almost exactly what one of my sons told me today when he got back from it -- minus the Jar Jar screeching lol. But after what Lucas had to say about 3D, I'm not all surprised with what I'm hearing.

Anyway, I'll be seeing it next weekend when one of my other sons is here.

If anyone's interested, here's the Lucas on 3D article. http://is.gd/kn608H

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:58 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cerrinea wrote:
Padme, that's almost exactly what one of my sons told me today when he got back from it -- minus the Jar Jar screeching lol. But after what Lucas had to say about 3D, I'm not all surprised with what I'm hearing.

I'm 100% with Lucas here. 3D truly adds artistic value to the movie. Call it a gimmick if you may, but just remember, color was also a gimmick in the Wizard of Oz...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:06 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Cerrinea wrote:

The 3D is more understated than many of the movies they're releasing these days, but that was just fine by me. I'm with Lucas on its use.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:23 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
The 3D is more understated than many of the movies they're releasing these days, but that was just fine by me. I'm with Lucas on its use.

It was pretty much on the same level of Avatar.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi Joe wrote:
Cerrinea wrote:

I'm 100% with Lucas here. 3D truly adds artistic value to the movie. Call it a gimmick if you may, but just remember, color was also a gimmick in the Wizard of Oz...

While that is no longer the rule, it still holds true. Jaws, Godfather, Taxi Driver, Star Wars, Pulp Fiction, The Dark Knight.... Most of the great movies of the last 40 years would be just as good in black and white.

Which 3d movies would be just as good in 2d? None that I have seen so far. Only time will tell but considering that 3d has been around for the last 40 years too, it's record so far isn't going good.

But I'm old school and I'd rather have a Hitchcock over a Cameron. To me what makes a great movie is writing, acting, score and cinematography. Special effects are just icing on the cake and when CGI is used instead of any of those things I am not impressed. That's what separates Christopher Nolan from Michael Bay.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 12 of 17