What is the Most Recent Piece in Your Collection?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So I was at Value Village today, and found two DVD sets of Star Wars: Droids and Star Wars: Ewoks!

For Ewoks, Side A of the DVD has Tales from the Endor Woods, and Side B has [url=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Haunted_Village_(film)]The Haunted Village[/url].

For Droids, one side has The Pirates and the Prince, and the other has Treasure of the Hidden Planet.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Whoo-hoo! My collection has been growing in leaps and bounds ever since school let out (no more gasoline expenses for commuting Wink)! But this, my dear friends, this...is the crown jewel. The prized possession I have been seeking for almost five years now. Feast your eyes on this!

Yes, I realize if you collected the series when it first came out, this is no big deal. I realize if you bought the whole set on eBay, this is also no big deal. I also realize that if you felt like shelling out $30+ (on a good day) for this gem on eBay, it is once more no big deal. However...! In stores, and in thrift stores, and at garage sales, this book is not to be found! Being a major book collector, I strive to collect every Star Wars book ever published (little kid See Jar-Jar Run books aside), including the Scholastics. This is the one book I was never able to get my hands on. For some reason, you could buy any of the Jedi Quest series at any given book store...except this one! I don't know why, but that is the way it was.

And so, yesterday was the momentous occasion. My fam and I walked into a thrift store, and there it was on the shelf! Oh, happy day! My dreams have come true! And so the Star Wars happy/crazy grin continues. Very Happy

I'm quoting a very old post here, but I was at Value Village yesterday, and found a bunch of Jedi Quest books, this one included! I had heard it was rare, and you couldn't even get it on Amazon. But it was a dollar. I picked up Jedi Quest 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8, and Jedi Apprentice Special Edition #2: The Followers. Though it turned out I already owned Jedi Quest 4 and 5, but whatever. One was a dollar, the other was free, and it supports a good cause. I'll just re-donate the duplicates (keeping whatever copy is in better condition).
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:19 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Darth Sidious-2012 Vintage Collection. Saw FlyGuy's review on YouTube and I wanted this figure since then. Found him @ the local Walmart.

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

My Star Wars shelf as of today.its gotten so bit I'm stacking stuff in front of stuff. Today my hard copy of Shadow Games came so I'll reread it and then to the shelf with it.

Last edited by Caedus_16 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:37 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

You linked a picture from your email. I think it needs to be uploaded first. Wink

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

My friend gave me a R2-D2 nutcracker. Smile

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
My friend gave me a R2-D2 nutcracker. Smile

Wuh...What!? THey have those!!!??? Want... Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Haha. I've seen on about on the internet. I'll have a quick look for it, in a minute.

I would love to have a collection of that size - and ordered - but for me the only books I've not got yet are 'meh' books (with a few good ones missing, though), and it's tough to work myself up into enough of a frenzy to get them. And the money thing, too. And I like the stormtrooper Very Happy .

EDIT: Le link: http://www.amazon.com/Kurt-Adler-SW0156-Nutcracker-7-Inch/dp/B001P7ZMA0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328867734&sr=8-1. It's pricey, yes, but it's cool looking.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Just added a couple more books, decided to post a shot of just my paperbacks. Its actually more impressive when you see them without the other books in front of them, though this collection needs two shelves now. Actually I just need a library.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:33 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Here's a collection of Lilli Ledy (made in Mexico) figures I just got.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:18 am Reply with quote  

How do the Ewoks look compared to the vintage Kenner ones? Is there much difference?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Chief Chirpa is nearly identical. Logray has a bunch of different color variations for the different batches in the Mexican ones. The one I have looks like he has lighter brown fur than the Kenner, his light fur looks about the same but I've seen some that are almost yellow...although that could be the type of paint that doesn't hold up to UV light. His little purse is distinctive with a different plastic and mold used from the Kenner one.

Believe it or not the LL weapons are actually more sought out by collectors than the figures themselves.

For the other Ewoks, Wicket is indistinguishable. I don't know about Teebo and all Paploo and Lumats are actually made by Lilli Ledy because Kenner sourced them to Mexico for that run of ROTJ toys.

I'm not a big fan of the ewok toys. I don't really seek them out, I just got this set for the Ben Kenobi and Squid Head. For most of the LL Mexico toys it's hard to tell the difference between Kenner just by looking at them, you really have to hold them up side by side. It's just little differences in paint and molding.

Also the price tag, hah, that's a good indicator. I got these for ten bucks each, which I considered a good deal. That's the price of a new SW toy, so I don't mind paying that for vintage. I wouldn't go much higher for a "common"Kenner figure, but I've also got ones for less than $2, so it's all over the place.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:50 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I found @ Walmart today a Darth Vader plush wearing bunny ears (too cute to pass up). He's $3.

Found him in the holiday section.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:35 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Today I was given a deck of SW playing cards, with all of the movie posters as the faces. They don't look like playing cards, there's just a little number in the corner with the suit. It includes the international ones as well. I shall be putting all 54 (including jokers) up as posters around my room. Should take a couple of days.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:24 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I got the Emergence of the Sith pack from Target.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting

Page 17 of 23