Palpatine/Sidious from Episode 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting View previous topic :: View next topic  
Palpatine/Sidious from Episode 2
 PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:42 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'm trying to complete my collection on Palp/Sidious figures from all 6 movies. Can anyone tell me which Palpatine figure from Episode two is the best? Also, do the hologram figures have any articulation?

Thank you in advance for the help.

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well technically Sidious wasn't in Episodes IV and V so I don't know how you are going to get toys of him for those ones... Of course they made many more than six toys of him, so I suppose it evens out.

The holographic Sidious from Episode One appears to be identical to the regular one, other than being clear blue. I think that figure had articulated arms at least, so the holo one probably does too. The Saga collection holo Sidious with his little droid walker thingy looks to be inarticulate. The droid thingy has moveable legs. The Original Trilogy holo-Sid as well as the one for ROTS both look articulated. Sheesh, there were more holographic than solid Palpatines. What's up with that?

The only one I saw specifically from the AOTC movie line is this one, and it's ctually from ROTJ (go figure why they made toys from the other movies for that one):

Shocked He looks like Yoda in the Emperor's cloak. They also had a lame Supreme Chancellor Palpatine figure which I guess is the best actual AOTC's one that they have.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:03 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I really like Darth Sidious toys too, so just for fun here are the coolest and most uncool toys of his!

From the Unleased toy line. very cool.

Argh! This is a bootleg sold in Central and South America where they didn't have licensed toys. Still, I actually want one of these ugly mofos.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Shocked I will be looking for the Unleashed Sidious. Shocked

I believe that ROTJ Sidious was a repack of the mid-90s ROTJ Emperor.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

SidiousThrawn wrote:

I believe that ROTJ Sidious was a repack of the mid-90s ROTJ Emperor.

You mean the Attack of The Clones one? He's different than the POTF2 emperor, although I do think they reused that figure at some point.

My main area of interest is in the vintage SW toys (1977-1985), I don't know much about the newer ones, just general knowledge of a toy collector... and Google.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Well technically Sidious wasn't in Episodes IV and V so I don't know how you are going to get toys of him for those ones... Of course they made many more than six toys of him, so I suppose it evens out.

Actually, I think they did make one of him in EP V. I think this is it:

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-56596786617451_2193_47854140

I can't be sure, though, because the site ( http://www.toyhutt.com/trilogyemperorexecutor.html) doesn't give much detail.

Anyway, sorry, ST, I don't collect toys to know which Ep II one is the best, nor their amount of articulation.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:01 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I did mention that they made a holographic Sidious in the Trilogy Collection (the one you posted). Wink

But I suppose you are correct that he appeared in Ep. V in holographic form, so that would be an accurate version of him from the movie. I just figured that since they made so many holo Sids they just liked making him that way for the heck of it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:43 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Ah. My mistake. If I spent as much time on reading posts as I did on looking for toys then I would rival Master Reep as a poster Very Happy .
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:39 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Thanks folks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting

Page 1 of 1