What Book are you reading now? (Other than Star Wars)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:06 pm Reply with quote  

I just looked it up, it is indeed the book for which the movie was based off of. My interest is peaked now...plus it's part of a series. I might look into getting these.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:09 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Just finished "The Last Colony" by John Scalzi, it was the conclusion to "Old man's War" and "The Ghost Brigades" , it was pretty cool. This guy got his consciousness put into not one, but two clone bodies through the series. Plus it had a lot of battles with aliens that pretty much want to scrape humanity off any available world, and then set their civilization down on it. Good read!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:32 am Reply with quote  

Reading Echoes of Honor. Also have Interview With A Vampire on the shelf and look forward to giving that one a read.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

King Arthur and his knights. It's really fun, because of all th old words that are no lomger in use.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:29 pm Reply with quote  

The graphic novel The Watchmen. I highly recommend it. The movie comes out in December, I think, but I'd recommend reading it before it comes out. Very deep, dark, moving story with a lot of emotional depth. Top notch reading.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:35 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I actually believe I just read today that it comes out in March, assuming a lawsuit Fox has brought up doesn't take too long to be dealt with. When that trailer aired, sales in the Watchmen series launched and they're having to print a million more copies to stay with the demand. I've read parts of it, and it is a very interesting story; glad to hear you like it Very Happy

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:39 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Am reading The Light in the Forest. Is required for English class, and I didn't think I was going to like it. But it's actually very good! I'm almost done and almost had trouble putting it down this morning. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Putting it down
 PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:47 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Your teacher would be glad to hear that. I don't think I've ever had trouble putting a required text down, but sometimes I am curious to read more at a later time Smile

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:54 am Reply with quote  

Reading Ashes of Victory from the Honor Harrington series.

As for the Watchmen movie, you're right Aush, comes out 6 March 2009. I thought when I saw the trailer it said December, maybe they changed it. And this lawsuit thing is bumming out. They better not cancel it. The graphic novel got me so pumped up that I can't wait to see how they do with the movie. Now it looks like I've got quite a bit of waiting to do...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:21 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

have to finish reading "to kill a mockingbird" before we start in in english class. i started it last year anyway XD
right now reading my girlfriends collection of sherlock holmes books Smile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:37 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I liked that movie for the most part. Although I have to say the scene in the woods didn't scare me (my mom said it bothered her when she was little), because I just couldn't take it seriously with the kids still in their halloween costumes. *shrugs* Just thought I'd throw that in there. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm reading Out of the Silent Planet.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:56 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I think I've heard of that...isn't that a C.S. Lewis book? The fact that it's you pretty much gives that away. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Indeed it is. I've only just started it, so I can't say anything else about it.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:55 am Reply with quote  

Reading two books. War of Honor by David Weber and Coruscant Nights Street of Shadows.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 3 of 110