Celebration 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:15 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I will be going on holiday at that time, next year...but it won't be to CVI. Going on holiday to London with my girl. Though I hope all who do go have a great time!
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:27 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Is it too early to start counting down?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Only if you intend to count down from 10 Razz .
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:31 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

6 months away!
www.FanboysTalking.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:53 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I can't make it this year. Maybe next year.

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:06 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I've looked at the website, and they didn't give much info. How much are tickets? There's no way in hell I'll be able to go, I'm just curious.

Also, what does one do there? I know you get to meet writers of the EU and stuff, but what else?

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:07 pm Reply with quote  

Unless I make a boatload of cash this summer doing archaeology work the prices are probably too much for me. One of these days though!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:19 pm Reply with quote  

Okay, as of now I am definitely going.

So for any Celebration veterans, any advice for a noob? I've never been to one.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:

Definitely check out the merchendise stands. At CV there was a place where you could get action figures for $2 a pop.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:51 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Jedi Joe wrote:
Darth Skuldren wrote:

Definitely check out the merchendise stands. At CV there was a place where you could get action figures for $2 a pop.

Really? I would have thought everything would be super expensive.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi Joe wrote:
Darth Skuldren wrote:

And now I wanna go

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:53 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:

I have some advice for you! What's needed is for you to take another person - a wingman, a sidekick, of sorts, to help you out. Preferably of short-average height, dashing good looks, snappy dresser. Preferably with a foreign accent, preferably British. I'd be happy to help you out in this Very Happy .

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:31 pm Reply with quote  

You'd have to pay your own airfare, Life. Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:32 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

DannikJerriko wrote:
Jedi Joe wrote:
Darth Skuldren wrote:

Really? I would have thought everything would be super expensive.

It depends. There are a lot of private sellers. The official show merchandise is a tad expensive.

And yay, Skuldren is going! See you there! (If I go).

My advice - plan, plan, plan. Do not think you can walk in there and get anything done without a plan. As soon as they release schedules, plan your days.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:47 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Darth Skuldren wrote:

This will be my 3rd Celebration, they are just a ton of fun.

Comfortable shoes!!! - This can not be stressed enough. The OCCC is massive and you will be on your feet a lot.

Bring a backpack/messenger bag/purse of some kind. Even if you are not going to buy stuff, you will get lots of free swag from various dealers, vendors and people you meet.

If you are planning on buying stuff, a poster tube will work great for any large posters/prints or artwork you may pick up.

Dress for WARM weather. Seriously, it's Orlando in August. But, the OCCC has a great air conditioning setup. A few times during CV I was actually cold inside, and my glasses would fog up walking in and out of the building.

If you can, bring small snacks for munching on during the day. It doesn't need to replace a meal, but con food is expensive and paying for small snacks all day gets expensive quick.

Talk to people. This one is hard for me, because I'm a bit of a quiet, shy person, especially in large crowds. Remember everyone is there for the same thing.

Personalized badges or something on your lanyard helps. I know the 501st badges are great, but of course, not everyone has one. Some sites and forums I belong to have done a run of special badges that would say for example "EU Cantina Forum member" with your forum name on there.

Try to plan out your day. Look at the schedule and figure out what you want to do or if there are any panels that you don't want to miss. I only remember a few things having really bad lines in the past.

Spend some time to walk around. At CV there was the Ralph McQuarrie art exhibit, I'm not sure how many people saw it because it was tucked away in a corner. Plus there are amazing costumes, display pieces and you never know what kind of flash mob or skit might just happen in a walkway :D Or you never know who might just run into while walking around.

That's about all I can think of for right now.
www.FanboysTalking.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 4 of 6