Book of Sith: Follow-up to The Jedi Path
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:07 pm Reply with quote  

Wait, am I the only one who can't read Aurebesh? Shocked

You all must have translator droids. Where can I buy one? Can I get one that speaks Bocce?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:25 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Wait, am I the only one who can't read Aurebesh? Shocked

You all must have translator droids. Where can I buy one? Can I get one that speaks Bocce?

I found the aurebesh on the web. I used it to translate the writings on the CW Season 2 jacket. That's how I learned to read it.

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
Hogy wrote:
I agree with Ree'dius

+I read stuff in Aurebesh at least 10 times slower than in Basic.

You mean 10 times slower than in English, right? Wink

This has to go in the You Know You're A Star Wars Fan When thread!

Anyway, I would have liked it to have been in Aurebesh, it would have been very cool, but I don't think it would have done as well as it did (I'm presuming it sold well, since they've made the Book of Sith) if people had a hard time reading it.

No this can't go in You Know You're.... thread, since reading in Basic means reading aurebesh Very Happy

On topic: Maybe they should do both normal and special aurebesh addition?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:53 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Actually, no Razz . Let me explain.

Quote:
+I read stuff in Aurebesh at least 10 times slower than in Basic.

Let's change the sentence to using real world terms, so it looks like this:

Quote:
I read stuff in alphabet at least 10 times slower than in English.

This statement is nonsensical. It is grammatically incorrect. Aurebesh is the name of the alphabet that creates the Basic language. If you are reading in Aurebesh, you are reading Basic.

'Than in' separates the two, making it a comparison, so that you're saying you read in one language faster than you do in the other. But, again, Aurebesh and Basic are, to a degree, one and the same, so this sentence makes no sense. Therefore, my correction stands true.

Cool
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:27 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I see the error of my ways now.Embarassed

Self imposed disciplinary action will begin in...3...,2...,1...,

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I'm sorry for laughing, but that gif is so funny! Shouldn't worry too much over it. It was just a little error Smile .
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:30 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Finally! My copy arrived today!
The opening holocron is awesome and what I read already is awesome. I'm still reading the first text by Sorzus Syn and it sheds some new light on what happend to the Jedi Exiles after they arrived on Korriban, real cool stuff.
I'll tell more as I read on, but I'll take my time because I want too enjoy this book for as long as I can.
I just hope that I won't succumb to the lure of the Dark Side delving into it's secrets this way

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:36 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Lord Ree'dius wrote:
I just hope that I won't succumb to the lure of the Dark Side delving into it's secrets this way

Search your feelings... you know it to be true.

IT IS YOUR DESTINY.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Laughing Hahaha!

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:20 pm Reply with quote  

Book of Sith is finally getting a solo release, though the dates are conflicting. Daily Blam reports May 4 while Chronicle Books website, catalog, and Amazon are saying April (16).

Sources: http://www.amazon.com/The-Book-Sith-Daniel-Wallace/dp/1452118159/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359653195&sr=8-1&keywords=book+of+sith

http://www.chroniclebooks.com/titles/pop-culture/film-movies/star-wars-book-of-sith.html

http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2013/01/30/star-wars-book-of-sith-to-be-released-may-4th

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 4 of 4