Star Wars Live Action TV Series
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Wars Live Action TV Series
 PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:38 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

So, by now most of us have heard that a live action TV series for SW is in the works.

As you can tell from my name I'm a fan of Thrawn. I'd like to see him in it.

Who would you folks like to see in the LiveAction-TV series?

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:08 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

You know, right now this whole series has got me scared for what they will make of it, Especially since the rumor about the series revolving around time travel http://www.eucantina.net/archives/11765.
I think I'll really have to wait and see what this series entails before I'm going to be able to say who i'd like to see in it if any.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:22 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I remember when they announced it and they said it was going to come out in 2011. that seemed like a long time off.

Now I don't remember anything about it. Personally I'd love to see time travel in Star Wars. As long as you have a closed time-loop then you don't have to worry about messing up cannon. In other words you can't have a character travel back in time to kill Vader but you can have a character travel back in time to suggest the engineering department of the Empire can save some money by not putting a vent cover over the Death Star reactor core shaft.

Now that I think about it, IIRC the series is supposed to take place between Ep.3 and 4, and I think they said it will feature a teenage Boba Fett. Dumb.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well, the working title right now is Star Wars: Underworld. It's centered around gangsters and such.

Thrawn would be great to see, but I doubt it. I actually think maybe a tie-in to Agent of the Empire is a possibility.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:58 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I don't know how I feel about time travel in SW. I think I don't like it but I'm not sure. Confused I can't think of what I'd like to see in this, I was going to say smaller characters, but that probably won't happen.

Maybe a Doctor Who-type thing, not time travel, but someone who goes around saving planets and the Galaxy and stuff, but all under the radar, without getting known.

Maybe Vilmarh Grahrk. That'd be cool. But probably really, really annoying as live-action.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:32 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
I remember when they announced it and they said it was going to come out in 2011. that seemed like a long time off.

Now I don't remember anything about it. Personally I'd love to see time travel in Star Wars. As long as you have a closed time-loop then you don't have to worry about messing up cannon. In other words you can't have a character travel back in time to kill Vader but you can have a character travel back in time to suggest the engineering department of the Empire can save some money by not putting a vent cover over the Death Star reactor core shaft.

Now that I think about it, IIRC the series is supposed to take place between Ep.3 and 4, and I think they said it will feature a teenage Boba Fett. Dumb.

A teenage Boba Fett? What a horrible thought.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm pretty sure there's already a thread for this. somewhere.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:54 pm Reply with quote  

Surprisingly enough, there isn't another thread for the Live Action TV Show (except a really old one that's closed). So feel free to continue the discussion.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:56 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I meant to post this when the news hit, but I never got around to it.

Ain't It Cool News reported:

“Daniel tells us that one of the series’ first episodes will involve a group of bandits acquiring the capability of time travel, and using it to travel back in time to stop Darth Vader from ever existing. This is certainly in keeping with past indications we’ve heard about the show – that it would involve the “darker” side of the STAR WARS universe, criminal factions, Empire building, etc. While “time travel” is relatively new to the film and television canon of the STAR WARS universe, it’s a factor that has at least been acknowledge/discussed in the franchise’s “Extended Universe” (details HERE). As such, its potential inclusion in this show is not as remarkable as one might initially believe.”

I don't want time travel to be a big thing in Star Wars. I didn't mind it in Crosscurrent because it was an isolated incident.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:23 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Does the author of the article not even realize it's the "Expanded Universe", not the "Extended"? Confused

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

First time I've heard of a SW live action series (can't remember when or where), they said it would be something like "Firefly" only darker.

I would prefer that than this time travel idea.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:41 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I have a feeling that the whole show won't be about time travel. It's kind of hard to sustain that. They are going to time travel every week? or just be stuck in the past after traveling there once. More likely.

Even more likely that different episodes will be about different things. TCW already sets that vibe, by having no real central narrative.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm pretty sure the time travel thing would only be for one episode, but I don't want a such thing as a time-machine in Star Wars. The time travel in Crosscurrent was an accident that couldn't possibly be repeated. Once time-machines show up in Star Wars, characters can travel time at their convenience.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:05 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Sounds like they could do something like flow-walking. Which is like time travel-in a way. The characters can view the past but, they can't alter it. Though, I think this is more a Sith thing than a Jedi thing.

Maybe they'll have episodes where Sidious flow-walks back to the time of Darth Bane and other Sith lords.

An episode here and there would be cool but, I'd rather see something showing Black Sun and Jabba building their empires. Also show how Sidious utilized the Hands to destroy his enemies.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:

I don't want time travel to be a big thing in Star Wars. I didn't mind it in Crosscurrent because it was an isolated incident.

Same here. I really don't want to see this happening in the GFFA. Rumors like this only make me extremely nervous for this whole thing.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 2