Darth Maul will be in Season 4!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That will probably happen, Joe. Wink

It would at least make sense though. Maul coming back from the dead is totally random and senseless.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:46 pm Reply with quote  

USA Today has a bunch of Maul news including a first look at his new lower half.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/story/2012-02-23/Darth-Maul-debuts-in-Star-Wars-Clone-Wars/53221760/1

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:14 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yes. Thank you Filoni. This is actually very promising. I can't wait.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I watched the trailer and while there are aspects of it I enjoy TCW has never done anything but trod on stories I love and characters I enjoy. There have been significant improvements lately but overall its just frustrating. Maul's resurrection is to sell toys and capitalize on the 3D rerelease, nothing more. It can be epic, it can be interesting, but if in the end his return still feels contrived and forced I'll still feel nothing but insulted. It will probably be the end of my watching of this show.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:31 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Caedus_16 wrote:
I watched the trailer and while there are aspects of it I enjoy TCW has never done anything but trod on stories I love and characters I enjoy. There have been significant improvements lately but overall its just frustrating. Maul's resurrection is to sell toys and capitalize on the 3D rerelease, nothing more. It can be epic, it can be interesting, but if in the end his return still feels contrived and forced I'll still feel nothing but insulted. It will probably be the end of my watching of this show.

Agreed.

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:46 pm Reply with quote  

Well I'm certainly not drawing any hard lines. If the Maul episodes turn into a flop, I'll still watch. One of the things I like about the series is you don't have to love every episode to still enjoy the series. There's a little bit of something for everyone.

While I wasn't really looking forward to Maul's return before, I'm not looking forward to it. It'll be neat to see what they pull off. I mean, we've got the Maul Brothers wrecking havoc. Darth Maul's brother is the freaking Kurgan from Highlander. Obi-Wan may have thought he killed Maul, but now he's going to have to face the truth that Maul is still out there and will now be wanting revenge.

There's a ton of character and story possibilities.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
There's a ton of character and story possibilities.

It doesn't feel like good possibility to me though, not when its forced and contrived. Lucas does this bullcrap all the time. C3PO being build by Anakin in the past, Maul's return, Boba being a clone, all of it is done simply to coincide and or to say "look, its similar to the original magic!" and to sell more action figures of popular characters once again. I grow tired of it. No, not all of TCW has been bad. This however, is stupid. There is no saving grace. This show contradicts not just the EU but the films as well, and I've grown tired of it. When it gets cancelled it'll be the best thing to happen to Star Wars since ESB.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:32 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'm afraid that you'll have 1 more season to go through. Maybe in that one we'll find out that Han Solo is Jabba's son and Sy Snoodle is his mother Wink

Or better yet...Chewie won the Falcon from Tarkin in a Sabacc game.

Really. I believe Dave F.'s ideas are worse than GL's. Maul's back from the grave? He was only a Sith Apprentice. There is no way he was that strong in the dark side.
Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

SidiousThrawn wrote:
Maybe in that one we'll find out that Han Solo is Jabba's son and Sy Snoodle is his mother Wink

Someone shoot me now. Shocked

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Not gonna lie, that trailer was EPIC! I still don't agree with the idea of resurrecting Maul in the first place, though. Confused

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:43 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I don't like Darth Maul coming back. But honest reaction? Trailer was incredible. Cool

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
I don't like Darth Maul coming back. But honest reaction? Trailer was incredible. Cool

Kinda like Natalie Portman being beautiful but then her acting was disappointing and unfulfilling...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:18 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I agree the trailer was awesome and I don't even watch TCW. From a review I read on another fan site, I heard Darth Maul had six legs in The Wrath of Darth Maul, not the two robotic legs he has now. I just want The Clone Wars episode to come out already. For all the media hype he's getting, Darth Maul's return better be damn good.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

Last edited by Dancelittleewok on Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:15 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I definitely liked the trailer. The Mother's voice in the beginning reminded me of those Sith Whispers we'd hear in TPM, and the music was sort of reminiscent of that (no voices, but with instruments). I wonder if they'll continue that theme into these episodes. I'm not a fan of this move, but I'll be going into this with an open mind. If it is done well, great. If not, then I shall cheer when he gets sliced up again!

DLE, in some of the clips in the beginning of that trailer, it looked like he had more than two legs, so I think it might be a Grievous thing, where he has two legs that can be split up into more.

By the way, who made his legs? Anyone who's read Wrath of Darth Maul, was that addressed?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:09 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I will say that I like the NightSisters. But, I still can't make myself like Maul or SOpress.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 5 of 6