S4 - Episode 18: "Crisis on Naboo"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
S4 - Episode 18: "Crisis on Naboo"
 PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:58 am Reply with quote  

Season 4 - Episode 18: Crisis on Naboo
Airs: 2/10/12 at 8:00 PM ET/7:00 PM CT
Replays: 2/11/12 at 8:30 AM ET/7:00 AM CT
Summary: The Chancellor travels to Naboo to preside over a public ceremony, guarded by Jedi Knights. Dooku and his bounty hunters -- including an undercover Obi-Wan Kenobi -- launch their kidnapping plot.

Final episode in the four part arc.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Last edited by Darth Skuldren on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:30 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

What did you guys think of this one?

My thoughts.....
 PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:56 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I'll make this quick since most of my comments will be on We Talk Clones.

Had a feeling that something was not right by how easy it was. There were "two" things called out from The Box episode that were used in this one.

Loved how Palps was just "watching" during the lightsaber fight between Anakin and Dooku.

Good ep, nice way to end the four part arch. Had some sort of closure but also fanned the flames - will save this for WTC Wink

Uncle Kal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I agree. Palpatine was great, made poignant by the fact that Ian Abercrombie is no longer with us. The only problem I had with it was the holo-guise. It took me out of the story to see such a big hat fit into such a small disguise. On the whole, though, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:16 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I wasn't a big fan of the disguises either. I did like how there was more to the plot, but another Anakin and Dooku battle? Meh. We know they'll just go their separate ways.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:30 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Some positives: Finally, Palps is back!!! Loved Dooku's fighting style. Watching him reminded me of Christopher Lee's role as Rochefort in the 3 Musketeers Movie (70's version). Cad Bane did not get killed! Like the Light Day effects. Kenobi killed squid/octopus bounty hunter. Light banter between Windu and Kenobi was great to see.

Some negatives: I felt like this episode could have been better though. After the first 3 episodes it was almost like the creaters were saying, "Ok we're bored. Let's wrap this one up quickly." - CB disguised as a Nemoidian (spl?) Why would one have been on Naboo? Still don't like the squid/octopus bounty hunter. Don't like what's going on with Embo. He began as a hero-how far he has fallen. Eval was not killed-really would love for Anakin or Ashoka to have skewered him.

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:51 am Reply with quote  

Finally caught up and watched the two episodes that I missed (this one and Friends and Enemies). Overall, I thought this was a fun arc. I like seeing the bounty Hunters, especially Cad Bane, and I thought they did a good job with his character. I liked Dooku's part in this episode, and I thought it turned out pretty good.

I still like the Krell arc better, though. That's my new watermark for the series. Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ahsoka will fall to the dark side by killing Cad Bane, Anakin will kill her to stop whatever she's doing. This is my prediction.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:43 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I was kind of going for the opposite. Bane kills Ahsoka, Anakin kills Bane out of revenge.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:08 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
I was kind of going for the opposite. Bane kills Ahsoka, Anakin kills Bane out of revenge.

Hmmm...lots to think about you've given me...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 1