S4 - Episode 19: "Massacre"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
S4 - Episode 19: "Massacre"
 PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:44 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Holocron Keeper Leland Chee tweeted:

Quote:
For those with access to Book of Sith, might I suggest the Mother Talzin chapter in preparation for this week's episode of The Clone Wars.

On StarWars.com, there's lots of preview stuff for this episode. With the title of "Massacre," I'm guessing that someone's gonna die.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

Re: S4 - Episode 19: "Massacre"
 PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dancelittleewok wrote:
Holocron Keeper Leland Chee tweeted:

Quote:
For those with access to Book of Sith, might I suggest the Mother Talzin chapter in preparation for this week's episode of The Clone Wars.

On StarWars.com, there's lots of preview stuff for this episode. With the title of "Massacre," I'm guessing that someone's gonna die.

I ordered my copy of The Book of Sith this weekend so I hope it arrives this week. Maybe I'll even wait watching this episode untill I've read the book.
Maul shouldn't have returned IMO, but if he does we'd better make the best of it Smile

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:26 pm Reply with quote  

USA Today posted this:

Quote:
In the upcoming Clone Wars arc, General Grievous launches an attack on Maul's homeworld of Dathomir, and Mother Talzin of the Nightsisters has told Savage Opress (voiced by Clancy Brown) about Darth Maul, sending Opress on a quest to find his long-lost brother.

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/story/2012-02-23/Darth-Maul-debuts-in-Star-Wars-Clone-Wars/53221760/1

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:57 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Guys, you should seriously check out Leland Chee's Twitter;

Quote:
Rest assured, the Nightsisters will not go down without a fight. Prepare yourselves for the Battle of Dathomir. #clonewars #massacre

Quote:
Remember last season when Asajj and Mother Talzin conspired to kill Count Dooku using Savage Opress? Dooku never forgets. #massacre

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:31 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

And his Facebook page too!

Quote:
For those keeping track, Asajj Ventress was Dooku's most loyal assassin until Darth Sidious ordered her termination. But Ventress survived and enlisted the help of the Nightsisters to enact revenge on Dooku. After a failed attempt to assassinate Dooku on Serenno, Ventress and Mother Talzin sent Savage Opress to serve as Dooku's new apprentice. But when the time came for Ventress and Opress to kill Dooku, Opress resisted both of his Masters and a three-way duel ensued. Dooku ordered his droids to fire on Opress, but Opress made his way back to Dathomir where Talzin told him to seek out his brother, Darth Maul. Ventress also escaped and is now returning to Dathomir where she will become a full-fledged Nightsister. On Serenno, Dooku gives Grievous the order to enact revenge on Ventress and the Nightsisters. Wait, which side are the Jedi on again?
(via)

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:18 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Prediction: Obi-Wan has to team up with Maul to survive/take out Dooku. At the very least, he teams up with Ventress.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:56 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Pretty good episode. Loved the lighting of it. Loved the droid bombers, and the invasion, the battle. Interesting Force techniques on display. But ... I didn't like Mother. I was just waiting her to do a Dracula and go 'bleh, bleh. I vant to suck your blood, bleh!'

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:06 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Life Is The Path wrote:
Prediction: Obi-Wan has to team up with Maul to survive/take out Dooku. At the very least, he teams up with Ventress.

I saw one TCW episode where Anakin and Obi Wan were kidnapped by the same people that kidnpped Dooku, and they had to team up to escape, all the while getting up to crazy shenanigans. I just feel that Jedi and Sith aren't like "Why I aughta..." frenemies, and it seemed wierd how calm they were. Granted, it was Dooku who isn't the most evil of the Sith, and was indeed a Jedi at one point, but still.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Life

It was interesting to see an episode without any good guys. Anyone get the feeling

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:07 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Reep:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Caedus:

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Reep:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:41 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Interesting episode. I did not like the fact tha the NightSisters were wiped out. Again, TCW does not follow along with the EU. How did the NS come back on Dathomir if they were wiped out? Who taught them the 'magic'?

The animation was really good, as well as, character developement of Dooku and Ventress. I found myself feeling sorry for them both. Ventress finally seems to find what she was seeking-a place to belong-and then it is taken away from her. We see that Dooku's skill of the Force isn't as powerful as earlier episodes would have us believe. He has to beg G. for help. The voice effects of Mother T, creepy but stays in line with the overall atmosphere of the episode. The older mother was interesting but doesn't grab one's attention like Mother T. Supposedly, she's the most powerful of the NS.

This is a very dark episode so, young children may be frightened by some of the elements such as the undead army, MT's attack on Dooku, etc. [/spoiler]

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The Nightsisters have been wiped out and come back more than once. They aren't a separate race from the witches; they're witches who go dark and get exiled. So it's easy to wipe them out and resurrect them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
@Life

It was interesting to see an episode without any good guys. Anyone get the feeling

(Sorry it took so long to reply, I couldn't remember where this was)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 1