Darth Maul will be in Season 4!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:13 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Life Is The Path wrote:

By the way, who made his legs? Anyone who's read Wrath of Darth Maul, was that addressed?

Aha! I found the The Wrath of Darth Maul review I read. It's from the Star Wars Report. You can read it here. Caution: lots of spoilers!

Darth Maul is set up to die (again) based on what Dave Filoni said in the USA Today interview. He's fighting with a damaged weapon. His decisions are clouded by revenge. He's fighting against Obi Wan Kenobi, and there's no way Kenobi is going to die. So it's only a matter of time.

He could resurrect multiple times like Fett. With each new resurrection, he receives a new cybernetic upgrade until he eventually becomes a lightsaber wielding toaster.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dancelittleewok wrote:
Life Is The Path wrote:

By the way, who made his legs? Anyone who's read Wrath of Darth Maul, was that addressed?

Aha! I found the The Wrath of Darth Maul review I read. It's from the Star Wars Report. You can read it here. Caution: lots of spoilers!

Darth Maul is set up to die (again) based on what Dave Filoni said in the USA Today interview. He's fighting with a damaged weapon. His decisions are clouded by revenge. He's fighting against Obi Wan Kenobi, and there's no way Kenobi is going to die. So it's only a matter of time.

He could resurrect multiple times like Fett. With each new resurrection, he receives a new cybernetic upgrade until he eventually becomes a lightsaber wielding toaster.

Filoni DID say that a lot of effort was put into getting this pushed through and setting it up, so they want to keep him around awhile. He may actually be around a decent amount of next season

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:43 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Caedus_16 wrote:
Dancelittleewok wrote:
Life Is The Path wrote:

Filoni DID say that a lot of effort was put into getting this pushed through and setting it up, so they want to keep him around awhile. He may actually be around a decent amount of next season

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:00 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

DLE, that's a very interesting article, thank you! You're right, it does have a lot of spoilers. That's something I usually avoid, but since I'm most likely not going to read it, I guess it's okay. It also made me wonder how a story with as little as that was fleshed out into a book.

I now think Maul's death will be a lot like that of Darth Sion. It won't be any actual physical blow that kills him, I think, but rather Obi Wan releasing him of his hatred. Since that article conveys that Maul is held together by his desire for revenge (like Darth Sion being held together by pain), I can see him being healed of that need, and thus losing his life.

Caedus, I think I heard that Witwer is already doing voice-work for season 5. That could be that he's back playing the Son (a possibility, since we've been told that they will be revisiting that) or Maul could come back.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:00 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Season 4 Finale Descriptions from Star Wars Insider (via LightSaber Rattling)

Quote:
Brothers: Written by Katie Lucas and Directed by Bosco Ng

"Savage crosses the galaxy in search of his brother, Darth Maul. Can he rally the broken Sith Lord, who has sunken to the depths of madness?"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:20 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

You'd think one would be excited for something like this, but I'm not in the least.
Are there people out there who ARE excited for Maul's return?

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I'm sure Sam Witwer is excited Laughing

I'm sort of, yes.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:21 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I bet Witwer is too. Laughing
You know, it's not only that I don't like the concept of Maul surviving, but it's also that I'm less and less impressed with the stories in TCW who tend to rely more and more on cool visuals than it does on good writing.
Overall I'm just not that pleased with the additions TCW makes to the Star Wars Universe.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:50 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Darth Maul returns tonight!

Check out the previews for "Brothers" on StarWars.com.

Last edited by Dancelittleewok on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Did anyone read Alan Moore's statement about Before Watchmen? Its exactly how I feel about this.

"What I want is for this not to happen." - Alan Moore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^ Off topic, but couldn't Moore stop Before Watchmen from being published?

I think (and will always think) that Maul's return is a silly cash grab with no believability whatsoever. That said, it still might wind up being a decent story. So I'm kind of excited, but I still wish it was all a bad dream.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:18 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
^ Off topic, but couldn't Moore stop Before Watchmen from being published?

I think (and will always think) that Maul's return is a silly cash grab with no believability whatsoever. That said, it still might wind up being a decent story. So I'm kind of excited, but I still wish it was all a bad dream.

No, Moore cannot stop it. Rights belong to DC.

As to this Maul thing, I keep getting more and more annoyed by TCW. I read some good and some bad literature, I've rewatched the awesome older show, and I've rewatched the prequel trilogy. This show changes all canon and ruins some other EU canon as well and its all to drag out this show even though if they want it to be believable they need to focus on things happening concurrently with Anakin and Obi-Wan's adventures. Its just unrealistic that all this history could exist and yet then the entirety of the galaxy would forget by the time Luke is in power. It is stupid and while there are good episodes and bad episodes the show itself has proven to be a mistake.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 6 of 6