So is their NO Male Heir to the Solo family?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
So is their NO Male Heir to the Solo family?
 PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:25 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Wat the....the writers of the LOTF hav made sure that there were only 2 left and both of them(Jaina and Allana)are gonna hav Kids but Nt Solo kids....Its kinda of a shock...Its fun when you see some great long descendant of the immortalized Han Solo...but the writers are convinced that they need to TICK of the loyal Star Wars fan...
_________________\
I mean If Killing of Mara Jade Skywalker wasnt painful enough....her character had more depth than Luke Skywalker!!!!!...A wonderful character we followed throughout her career as Talon Karddes accomplice...those were the books you felt NICE abt...
____________________\
Are they reaaally steering the Books away from the Skywalker/Solo Family...because I swear its only fun when we have some ppl who are atleast somewat related to the ppl we saw in the movies...and having no additional Solo is a REAL BIG MISTAKE BY THE wRITERs...------Timothy Zahn-Kevin J.Anderson-and many others are the best Star Wars writers ever.

*Please refrain from the "intense" flaming of the authors. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.*

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I would like to know whose idea it was to kill the Solos off. Both in the male line, family name and also in spirit, as the likely Solo descendants in Legacy, the Imp Fels, are just fanatical Imperials who seem to represent everything the Solos opposed. Well, at least DR gets to leave it's mark in Star Wars... Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:43 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Just a thought but it is entirely possible that Jaina or Allana will keep the Solo name, just as TK did. There's always a chance... I wouldn't throw out all hope yet.

Besides, isn't that was fandom does? Holds onto hope even where there is none? Cool

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I thought that was the role of the IU heroes... Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:28 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well as I said over in the Jaina Solo thread in EU characters:

Quote:
Just a quick question:

As much as I hate the guy, if Jaina married Zekk, what would her last name be? Seeing as he doesn't appear to have one. *gasp* Could this be some dastardly plan to preserve the Solo name?! Marry her off to Zekk, and then, seeing as the father doesn't have a last name, the children can just take the mother's: Solo. Agh! Much as I would like to see the Solo name live on, I am now afraid. Sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think that Zekk's chances with Jaina - from OU POV - weren't helped with the fact that he - like Alek of KOTOR - appears to come from a planet where no last names weren't used. So, Jaina would have kept her last name, I think. Of course, the kids might have adopted their father's first name as their last name, like in many cultures happens.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:58 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm...little Somebody Solo Zekk. Nope, don't like it. Don't like it at all. Wink

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:47 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Well as I said over in the Jaina Solo thread in EU characters:

Quote:
Just a quick question:

As much as I hate the guy, if Jaina married Zekk, what would her last name be? Seeing as he doesn't appear to have one. *gasp* Could this be some dastardly plan to preserve the Solo name?! Marry her off to Zekk, and then, seeing as the father doesn't have a last name, the children can just take the mother's: Solo. Agh! Much as I would like to see the Solo name live on, I am now afraid. Sad

Shocked . . . scary stuff.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It bugged me at first, but I've sort of gotten used to it. If there were too many Solos it might get repetitve. At least it wasn't the Skywalkers. Wink

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It's not that there are too many Solos - there are soon none! Sad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:51 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I know, but the Fels more or less take their place.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:41 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

All this hopefulness is really making me edgy....NO TO ZEKK....I didnt even Like him in the Junior Jedi Knights Series....I just Wish that Darth Caedus as Strong as hes supposed to be went back in time and saved 5 ppl....made clones of them and got the clones killed while keeping the real bodies in a Force-hibernation(so as to make sure that history dusnt change...that way we get Anakin Back--Mara--Nelani--that daughter Fett has--and himself=o)....talk abt wishful thinkin/.///but if u made me a writer I swear this is the first thing I'll do///I'll name the book Immortality=D

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Interesting book you have outlined there, FatalFist Smile My problem with clones is I wouldn't think they would behave the way their previous selves were. I thought Ben Skywalker was born to replace Anakin Solo since they were going to kill him from before book 1, but instead they made him more like Cade (...argh...). I remember Dan Wallace on his SW blog mentioning something that comics do: revision the story line. If we are ever going to see these characters again, books will come out back when they were alive or as uncannon, alternate realities. As much as I'd love to see some of those characters again or a Solo-named heir, I would hate to erase SW continuity to do it.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:28 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Nah I meant the Clones would be the ones who DIE...the real Anakin/Mara/anyone else will be preserved/hidden forcefully by Jacen...beleave me its perfect=D...Ive given it a LOT of thought=D
________________________=

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:41 am Reply with quote  

In my opinion, I think all these small, tight nit Jedi families are doomed to be eradicated. Unless they start having lots of kids and male ones at that, their last names are sure to disappear from Star Wars literature.

Of course they don't need names like Solo or Skywalker to sell an era. Just look at KOTOR, none of either and that era is very successful. And I certainly wouldn't condemn the authors of Legacy. Traviss and Allston have written some very good books.

However, some other names that might be doomed as well might very well include Fett. Not sure on how Mando tradition works there. Would Mirta and Ghes take the last name Orades or would they be included under the Fett Clan and become Fetts?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 4