S4 - Episode 20: "Bounty"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:43 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

My only problem with the episode was it's placement. The ending seems forced because it happens merely days after her whole clan was massacred. The revelations she had might seem reasonable if she'd been able to come to them over several weeks or months.

Plus, there's the issue of the next episodes. Massacre, Bounty, Brothers, and Revenge have been marketed as a four-part season finale. But it seems to me that this would be better as a standalone. The end of Bounty does not look like it leads anywhere that Brothers can pick up from.

I think this should have been aired as Massacre near the start of Season 4, Bounty somewhere near the middle by itself (as The Further Adventures of Asajj Ventress), and then just have Brothers and Revenge at the end (or, alternatively, as a cliffhanger Season 4 finale and Season 5 opener).
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

You know I was going to ask if that helmet (Boba Fetts) was of Mandalorian design, or is it somethng else entirely. Dito on his blasters. Are those Jangos? Or just Westar-34?
Didn't Jango loose them ect.?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

They could easily be a spare set of Jango's.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:14 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Hogy wrote:
You know I was going to ask if that helmet (Boba Fetts) was of Mandalorian design, or is it somethng else entirely. Dito on his blasters. Are those Jangos? Or just Westar-34?
Didn't Jango loose them ect.?

The helmet looks like some art I saw, a while ago, detailing the armour of some mercenaries, and the descriptions said that their armour was from Concord Dawn. It's possible that this helmet is also from Concord Dawn - a planet in Mandalorian space, I believe. This is the birth place of Jango, and Boba also works there as a Protector for a brief amount of time. So if this is said to be of Concord Dawn design, then that's some pretty nifty tying in.

I looked on StarWars.com, in the hopes that it would have some tidbits of information in regards to this. Sadly, it didn't, but it did have some more detailing on Dengar. The head scarf is different (more detailing), and so it could be put down to him going back to his old fashion of wearing headscarfs, when he's injured.

On a related note, I had heard it said that the dog-like animal accompanying Embo is a Vornskr. Sadly, it's not. It's an anooba.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:38 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I was disappointed that we only saw Embo for a second or two. I really like this character.

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:03 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^ That was weird. It's Embo! Back to the story. What a small galaxy...

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:35 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
^ That was weird. It's Embo! Back to the story. What a small galaxy...

Lucas's galaxy is FOUNDED on it being super tiny apparently. Yoda knew Chewie, Anakin built Threepio, and bounty hunters all run into each other on random planets like its all one small town in the Midwest. For a guy who's main characters don't believe in coincidence his visual media seem to be completely based on it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:29 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

EUCantina's review of "Bounty" http://www.eucantina.net/archives/11996

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 4 of 4