So is their NO Male Heir to the Solo family?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:27 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Agh! It's all so confusing! And could be quite disappointing if they all disappear. Sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:52 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

What's really in a name? People can change them, as for the Solo name, at least it's not a confusing as the Antilles name, I mean, how many kids in how many places did the progenitor of that name have? I would just worry about that line ending, not the name disappearing, wait, now I'm worrying about that happening... Sad Go away unhappy thoughts, go away! Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
I know, but the Fels more or less take their place.

And that's big part of the problem. Sometimes I go a little bit paranoid and think it's ideologically driven change - let's throw out the freedom fighters and bring autocratic imperialists to replace them - from the side of the authors, like the constant collapses of democratic governments.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

No more Solos...sigh...Han was my favorite when I was a kid, Anakin was my favorite EU character, and when he died I embraced Jacen. I'm just not too fond of Jaina. And she can't pass it on. That poor doomed family. I'm terrified that Han and Leia are going to die in some horrific battle (I see Leia getting shot during some diplomatic thing and Han going out with the Falcon kamikaze style during the most epic space battle we've ever seen...don't know why). I just wish that the two boys hadn't been killed, or at least that their deaths would have made more sense. The death of Anakin nearly killed the NJO and it killed Tahiri as a character (10 years later and she still isn't over it?) and Caedus became a Sith lord only to die for the sake of a bad guy dying. Sad stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Rouge77 wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:
I know, but the Fels more or less take their place.

And that's big part of the problem. Sometimes I go a little bit paranoid and think it's ideologically driven change - let's throw out the freedom fighters and bring autocratic imperialists to replace them - from the side of the authors, like the constant collapses of democratic governments.

First of all the most entertaining political whateveryoucallit in literature is autocratic. Secondly, that was my exact point, if there are too many Solos (freedom fighters, I mean), the story would get repetitve. And even if the Solo line did continue (by Jacen), do you honestly think they would be freedom fighters?

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:14 am Reply with quote  

Well the Solo line hasn't come to an end. There are just Solo Fels now. Maybe they'll name one Han Fel or Leia Fel to even things out.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:32 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Then they'll just be killed off way too early like Anakin.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:17 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Han Fel...LoL...now that odd...and thats sth Im nt looking frward to either...oh well...frm now on it will be...oh that Fel kid yeah...uknow hes got Solo blood in him somewhere=o...
_________________-
I mean seriously if the Solos and Skywalkers disappear altogether...that will leave a vacuum...and the writers reaally havnt introduced some character with that much depth...I mean whenever it comes to after the Empire...like 37 years after episode 4..or 65 years after Eps 4....U need Solos or Skywalkers...otherwise....Im nt reading...I just hope they ease through Allana...so we get to see her grow up...we pretty much missed Ben Skywalker...I mean Jacen,Anakin,Jaina were given sooo much exposure...and their friends that now we hav several nice characters such as Tenel KA,Zekk,Lowbecca...
___________-
I just wish things would slow down....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:29 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Reepicheep wrote:
Then they'll just be killed off way too early like Anakin.

Laughing

Crying or Very sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:32 pm Reply with quote  

That's a great idea! They could make an Anakin Fel and kill him, maybe even give him a Wookiee side kick who dies when a moon falls on him... Evil or Very Mad

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:41 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

It's okay, Darth Skuldren. Breathe in, breathe out. Good. Now don't you feel better? Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:06 pm Reply with quote  

A little. I know one thing they could do, though it would be a little tricky. Technically the Fels are related to the Antilles cause Jag's dad married one. If Jag hooks up with Jaina and they have kids, we'll have little Solo-Fels. (and that's how they should do the name) Now if Fett's granddaughter survives and has kids, and hooks up with one of the Skywalker offspring, that would create a Fett-Skywalker.

Now the ultimate merger. Solo-Fel-Antilles + Fett-Skwalker = Antilles-Fel-Fett-Solo-Skywalker Cool
Now that would be a lineage!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
That's a great idea! They could make an Anakin Fel and kill him, maybe even give him a Wookiee side kick who dies when a moon falls on him... Evil or Very Mad

Lowbacca, perhaps? That would explain why he isn't in Legacy... When Wookiees can live over 600 years.

And I wouldn't be surprised with Anakin Fel. I mean, if they want to make the Imp Fels popular, just propping up the Fel side won't do the work.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:05 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

.Skuldren...Wow...you got quite an imagination....but thats just creepy....Solo/Fel/Skywalker/Antilles....Its like the elite families only marry within Elite ones Confused ....and thats pure dynasty like......

ADMIN EDIT:

Just fixed some grammar and spelling
Wat I simply beleave in is that Jacen shud survive...he could go forward and backward in time fr cryin out loud....so technically he couldve saved himself////and so he could save the Solo line as well....I just wish he brings back Anakin as well...and then Anakin has a son with Tahiri...now thats how i wudve wanted things to go....Anakin shudve been the one to take forward the Solo family....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:26 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

If there is a family like that, they should be the best pilots in the history of the galaxy!? That's awesome!? However, that seems fairly complicated. I could see the names Han, Leia, Anakin, and Jacen popping up again sometime, but I don't think it will be any time soon. But it would be interesting....

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 4