S4 - Episode 22: "Revenge"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
I loved this episode. So amazing. Epic win.

Sam Witwer is awesome.

I cannot say anything but good things.

^ This. Very good episode. Loved Ventress and Obi-Wan together. I always did think they had a thing for each other. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Cerrinea: Thank you! That has been hinted at for so long!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:16 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Location: Greeley, Colorado, America, Earth, Sol System, Sector 13-A, Outer Rim, Milky Way Galaxy

I loved this episode! I really think that TCW should be an hour long show, and not half hour. I wonder how things will work now. Now that Maul and Savage are together, Will Dooku and Sidious/Palpatine will find out about it and try to deal with them?. And what of Ventress? Will she help the Order find Maul and Savage? (Not officially rejoin the order, but just help.) So many answers, and yet so many questions! Season V can't get here soon enough!

Also, I can kind of see Ventress and Obi Wan being together if things were different in the galaxy. I think that Ventress is starting to become my favorite character in TCW.

Got a piece of Chewstim?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:41 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

A little annoyed that this wasn't a contained story. Understandable, but still annoying. Why else have an arc if there's going to be no real resolution? I would have preferred it to not be a cliffhanger. Otherwise I was happy enough with it. The duel(s) was pretty epic, very emotional.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:53 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Loved it. This was a perfect episode. They did everything right with the characters, the banter was terrific, the use of the legs from the comic for Maul was brilliant, all of the animation was amazing. I did think that Maul seemed a bit sloppy compared to the unbelievable fighter that we saw in TPM, but I suppose he had been out of service for quite a while, and he also was just getting familiar with those new legs.

I think it's great that they left it a cliffhanger. Confirms that we're are moving forward in the next season and that this story isn't done. Finally, one huge story arc for the Clone Wars. My only complaint will be if this story doesn't pick up in the very first episode of Season 5. I'm not saying they have to continue with Maul and Savage right away, but what happens with Ventress now has to be told. They can't stretch that into the last arc of Season 5.

I watched this on StarWars.com this morning. Was there any kind of preview for the next season on Cartoon Network?

Taral - will this be your first 5 out of 5 rating for a review? Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ben there was no preview and I didn't expect one. They'll start hyping it next fall right before TCW returns. If they don't start the season where they left off with this one, it'll be a fail for them.

I seriously want some more Obi and Ventress. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:14 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Cerrinea wrote:
Ben there was no preview and I didn't expect one. They'll start hyping it next fall right before TCW returns. If they don't start the season where they left off with this one, it'll be a fail for them.

I seriously want some more Obi and Ventress. Very Happy

I'm hoping for hype in August at C6. Anyone remember the "rain" at C5? Make it rain, Filoni!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

lol, you're probably right about CVI. I forgot about that.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:49 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Perfect episode. Ventress was awesome!!

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Good episode. They took a ridiculous concept and turned it into a pretty good episode. I still don't think the benefit outweighs the cost though.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:39 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm sorry, this wasn't a cliffhanger ending. The good guys live and the bad guys escape to bide their time (guaranteeing they won't show up in the beginning of Season 5). That's not a cliffhanger, it's a surprisingly clear resolution. That's like saying "A New Hope" had a cliffhanger ending because Darth Vader gets away.

The animation was great (although I dunno why StarWars.com doesn't have a better video quality), and Maul's legs were cool. It was very streamlined to get to the fight, which kind of irked me. But the fight was really great, so that made up for it (seriously, Darth Maul sends a video of himself to the Jedi Council? Completely ridiculous). This show's strength is its visuals and action. It falters when it comes to the storytelling 9 out of 10 times. You just cannot tell a good story in 22 minutes. The show tries to pack the dramatic punch of an hour-long show in a half hour, and it just doesn't work.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:01 am Reply with quote  

I liked this episode as well. I thought they did a great job with bringing Darth Maul back and not messing it up.

There were a lot of things I liked in this episode in particular. First off, I liked how Maul was wiping out kids to draw Obi-Wan out. It made the episode feel more mature. I also liked how they brought Ventress in, and how she ended up helping Obi-Wan. I loved his line about learning how to run away from her. Laughing

I also liked how the Maul Bros. had Obi-Wan and Ventress out matched. It's interesting to see the bad guys getting the upper hand.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I remember that they didn't address how he survived the bisection. Thoughts? Could that be a positive, or negative?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:07 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

It could be lazy Cool Perhaps they'll discuss it next season, although I don't see why they couldn't have made it a vital part of the story in this episode.

(I haven't seen this episode, I'm just going off what you guys have said)

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

There is no possible way he could have survived the bisection, so they dodged the issue. Rolling Eyes

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 2 of 3