What are you afraid of?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
What are you afraid of?
 PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:56 am Reply with quote  

Got this idea from the gripe thread. So feel free to share your fears here.

Personally, I'm afraid of snakes. For whatever reason, they freak me out. Just the thought of them slivering around gives me shivers. A recurring nightmare is being somewhere where the ground is cover in snakes.

I blame those nightmares on Indiana Jones.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:03 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Nothing, and I mean nothing, scares me more than the idea of a zombie apocalypse. All of the fears of loneliness, loss of self, the idea of such a drastic change in society, the though of loved ones dying, then turning on you, and just... *shudder* Especially the slow ones, that knowing of impending horror and inevitability.

But at the same time, they fascinate me; the idea of humans going back to the way they were at the very beginning, fighting for survival, having to adapt.

Also, silence.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Isolation.

I can handle being alone because I know there are other people on the planet, but nothing in this world scares me more than the idea of truly being the one and only.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:31 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I could go into a lot of emotional fears, but I think that's a territory all its own.

As for physical fears, those would include:

1. Roaches. I freaking hate roaches. Those skittering little bugs...*shudders*. Some of y'all may have read the epic tale of the kamikaze roach I posted awhile back. I can't stand the things.

2. Being unable to move my hands/arms. When my arms are pinned, I start to panic. It isn't a claustophobic thing so much, but just when I can't move my hands somewhere I need them. For instance, if I'm pinned under a bed and my arms are by my side, but I want them up by my head. If I cannot move them there, I start to panic. I'm quite fine with closed in spaces, it's just the immobility of the arms/hands that terrifies me. Kind of odd, that.

There are probably more, but that's what comes to mind for now.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:32 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I've had a fear of roaches ever since I saw MIB.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:35 pm Reply with quote  

Bees of any type freak me out. This was because when I was 5-6 I was hiking with a friend who had the misfortune of stepping on an underground bee's nest. Him running screaming into the distance being chased by the entire hive left a distinct impression.

Not really a fear per se but I have a distinct dislike of dying early in certain ways. It's more of an odd sort of feeling of "if I'm going to die early I want it to be with [metaphorical] sword in hand where it counted for something" attitude. Basically I'm ok with heroic death, death by freak accident/bad luck not so much.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I almost drowned when I was nine or ten. Had to be pulled out of the water after going down for like the third time. It was really terrifying. So I can't watch anything with people drowning. In the movie 2012 when the massive tsunami engulfs the cruise ship, I had to bury my face because it just freaks me out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:05 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Same as skuldren for me, snakes freak me out, i was forced to put one round my neck on holiday a few years ago and i couldn't stop shaking for ages my legs nearly gave in i was that scared.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:15 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I don't think I'm afraid of anything material, more concepts and mind things and stuff. Obviously there are some physical things that scare me. Fire, for one. The idea of my house burning down fills me with dread, but I suppose it does with everyone else Wink .

But I do have one big physical fear; lifts. I got stuck in one when I was ickle. I can use them now, but only since I was like ten (I know I said this in the gripe thread, but I thought it would be appropriate)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Rats - I lived in DC for a while (there are a lot of rats in DC) and had a number of run-ins / close calls. They were always running away - except the really big suckers. The big ones usually don't run unless you make a lot of noise and look like a fool Smile I still find them pretty interesting though - I saw one squeeze into a really small opening once.

I'm ok with most other rodents - I've saved mice from my cats and released them, a squirrel got trapped in our house and I got it out. Just can't deal with rats.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:22 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

This is probably not the time to tell you that we had a pet rat then. She was a Siamese rat (markings just like a Siamese cat), as tame as anything, and we all cried like babies when she died of cancer. She was really a very sweet pet, and very smart too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:39 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Physical fears? Frogs. I can't stand to be around them. And it's a fear I'll always have. If you put a frog in my face and I'm 80, I'll probably still run away like a little girl.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:56 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cerrinea wrote:
This is probably not the time to tell you that we had a pet rat then. She was a Siamese rat (markings just like a Siamese cat), as tame as anything, and we all cried like babies when she died of cancer. She was really a very sweet pet, and very smart too.

I've held pet rats - they don't bother me at all actually. Its the nasty rats out in the wild that I have an issue with. Maybe its them moving groups - not really sure though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:43 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Caedus_16 wrote:

Isolation.

I can handle being alone because I know there are other people on the planet, but nothing in this world scares me more than the idea of truly being the one and only.

Same here.

I have a childhood fear of E.T. While my mom was paying for our videos at the store, I saw a preview of E.T. on the television screen. It was where E.T. reaches out with his knobby finger to touch the child. And I freaked the heck out. To this day, you cannot make me watch E.T.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:15 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I have a mild fear of hights. I can look down from 20-30 meter vertical cliff, but annything higher and my knees turn to jelly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 4