What is the Most Recent Piece in Your Collection?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I ordered one but I figured I'd toss this out there for anyone who wants the closest you can get to an EU bookmark. This is a Mara Jade piece given out originally for free at Borders as a promotional for the release of LotF Sacrifice. I think you might enjoy it. Just plugging it because I thought it was cool, I'm not the seller Smile

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Legacy-Force-Sacrifice-Novel-Bookmark-/400279156709?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d327f37e5#ht_1096wt_1388

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:44 pm Reply with quote  

My latest addition is the mighty Jabba!

Here he is hanging out with some Ewoks. Or should I say: snacks...

He's also pretty big. Just about perfect scale for the 12" figures, new and old.

Nice close up of his beautiful face.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:46 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

If you don't mind me asking; how much was it? And where did you get it?

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:39 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Pretty rockin' collection! I don't really collect, but even I'm a tad jealous Smile .
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:26 pm Reply with quote  

I got Jabba on eBay. It was around $60.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:20 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Awesome Jabba, DS!

My partner got this neat C3-PO plastic cookie jar

I got a couple of vintage cardbacks (those pieces of cardboard that the toys are stuck to) for my collection. It's a weird thing because there isn't a huge collectible market for them (I guess people don't want to buy old pieces of paper) so they are kind of hard to come by, but also not very expensive. But it's cool because if you have the toy laying around you can basically have it back the way it was originally packaged for a fraction of the cost of a mint condition sealed one.

I got a King Gorneesh one from the Ewoks animated line for like a dollar, but lost the auction of the toy to go with it. I've been getting destroyed on Ebay lately.

The coolest thing about them are the promotional offers. I got one I needed for a "Free 4-lom figure".

Kenner screwed up and got the names for 4-lom and Zuckuss switched on the toys.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:39 am Reply with quote  

That's a pretty sweet cookie jar.

I've got a neat cardboard pop out of Darth Vader where he's doing the classic finger pointing. I also have a cardboard display for the ROTJ glasses. I took the top part off, so it just shows some scenes from Star Wars. I've got another cardboard display of the Cloud City characters that's kind of cool. Has Fett on it, so it's guaranteed wall space Cool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:14 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
I've been getting destroyed on Ebay lately.

I gave up auctioning on eBay a while ago. Now I'm automatically on Buy It Now only.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:09 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Someone offered me a 1:1 scale Chewbacca cardboard cutout. I was in this store, and the clerk goes, "Don't you want to wake up to that furry face in the morning?" I suppose I should have taken it, but it was so big. Wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. Ha.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:34 pm Reply with quote  

this Chewie was a freebie? You could've always taped it to your ceiling until you found a more appropriate location. of course family and/or non-Star Wars fans might not understand that any space is a legit storage location for Star Wars stuff. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Got the SW VHS Trilogy special letterbox edition (that's what they used to call widescreen, for you youngsters).

I've been wanting to get this for years and finally got a good deal on one. The movies are still skrink wrapped, so I don't think I'm going to open them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:33 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I remember that. I still have mine.

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:52 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Just won a Darth Malgus action figure on eBay, so I'll have that within the week.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:08 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Just picked up a Col. Cracken figure. Have a Wedge Antillies coming in the mail.

Nothing spectacular, but cool.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:34 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Walmart still has figures for $4.

Here's who I picked up: Cloud-Car Pilot-VC, Padme (AOTC)-VC, Sam Weisal (spl?) AOTC-VC; Mandalorian Guard-TCW.

They still have some battle packs left for $10-$13.

I pick Col. Cracken up for regular price.

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting

Page 18 of 22