PC vs. Console: What do you play your SW games on?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm a purely console gamer these days, though I did play my share of Dark Forces II and Jedi Academy on the PC.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:44 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Mostly both.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Console. I get a bit annoyed with PC games because they're all so temperamental. You have to have the exact minimum requirements stated on the package - but sometimes even then it's not guaranteed to work properly Confused
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:11 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I have a Mac which means I don't play many games in general. Razz

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Purely PC.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:49 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I used to be just PC, but lately I've bought more and more Star Wars games for my consoles (which are also fairly recent additions to the collections).

For my Wii, I have Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga and The Force Unleashed, and I used to own Lightsaber Duels (until I sold it, cause it sucked). And I'm looking at getting Lego Star Wars III once the price comes down.

For my PS3, I don't have any Star Wars games now, but I did get The Force Unleashed II for it from the library.

I don't have any Star Wars games for my DS yet, but I'm looking at getting Battlefront: Elite Squadron.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:04 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

A pretty even split, actually.

Valve's Steam service has provided such great deals on so many games that I still rack up a ton of playing time on the PC side. Their Lucasarts bundle is one of my favorite purchases of the last few years

My 360 gets a lot of usage as well, my PS3 and Wii significantly less.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
Console. I get a bit annoyed with PC games because they're all so temperamental. You have to have the exact minimum requirements stated on the package - but sometimes even then it's not guaranteed to work properly Confused

This is the very reason I'm a console gamer. I mostly play my PS3 nowadays.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:33 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

PC and the occasional console or handheld. It doesn't make much difference to me except in quality. Then, I always go for PC. Neutral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:10 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Mostly PC, with TFU for the Wii

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:34 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I used to be mostly a PC gamer for multiplatform games up until this generation of consoles. Unfortunately, starting with games like Deus Ex: Invisible War, I think a lot of PC games have been designed for console first and PC second. This is true of games like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, although not nearly as bad as Invisible War, and Skyrim. The user interface for Skyrim on PC is absolutely awful and it becomes immediately apparent at character creation, when you have to use the mouse to select the top tabs like face and hair, but you have to use the keyboard for the sub-categories like nose length, hair type, hair color, and so forth. I have no idea how that got past quality control.

The only recent Star Wars games were really designed for console, namely The Force Unleashed, but prior to that I was exclusively PC for Battlefront, Jedi Outcast, Dark Forces, Jedi Academy, etc., with the exception of the Rogue Squadron games, which were console exclusives.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:19 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Crash Override wrote:
...with the exception of the Rogue Squadron games, which were console exclusives.

Except for the first one, which did release for the PC. It was my first Star Wars game, and I enjoyed many (and I do mean many) hours of playing that game, joystick in hand. Ah, good times. Cool

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I grew up on PC so I like it more than consoles, plus we get to have all kind of cool mods for (SW) games.

But like Crash said a lot of PC games have been designed for console first and PC second which is sad but true.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:07 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'm going to say a little bit of both. I loved playing Shadows of the Empire, Rogue Squadron, and Pod Racer on the N64. On the pc side I played KOTOR and Jedi Outcast.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:51 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I do 99% of gaming on a pc. I'm a computer person.

Page 2 of 2