Zombie Apocalypse: Survival Strategies/Other Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
Whoa, whoa, whoa, we get to use baseball bats??? This changes everything! Wink

Anything blunt is good! Lol sarcasm aside I have a friend who uses a two-by-four board in another RPG.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:07 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

...I have a feeling that my character will be utilizing a golf club at some point. Because I find it amusing.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:42 pm Reply with quote  

...I have a feeling that my character will be utilizing a golf club at some point. Because I find it amusing.

For some odd reason this simultaneously called to mind Robin Williams stand up routine on the invention of golf combined with you (in the RPG) shouting a variety of insults and battle cries in a Scottish accent while wielding a golf club. Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:10 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Salaris Vorn wrote:

For some odd reason this simultaneously called to mind Robin Williams stand up routine on the invention of golf combined with you (in the RPG) shouting a variety of insults and battle cries in a Scottish accent while wielding a golf club. Shocked

Can I wear a kilt, too? Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:19 pm Reply with quote  

Salaris Vorn wrote:

Can I wear a kilt, too? Wink

Why not?

On other zombie news: I don't know how many of you are into playing flash games but I've found 3 rather fun zombie apocalypse flash games that I thought I'd pass on. (While there is blood and such the graphics are 2D and I think there is more "gore" when Han cuts the Tauntaun open in ESB than in these games; but just a fair warning for those of you who don't like any sort of blood)

http://armorgames.com/play/269/the-last-stand

http://armorgames.com/play/1443/the-last-stand-2

http://armorgames.com/play/12009/the-last-stand-union-city

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't normally play flash games but I tried these out. Smile

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Old Master Ben wrote:
Well, I fear lack of free time will hurt me as it always does in RPGs, so I took myself out quickly. I can always return though when I get a spare moment.

Also, I did not make that speech up. Stole it from two movies. Name them both for a prize.

Armageddon and Any Given Sunday.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:34 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'll tell you my plan...

At first sight of zombies I get out my "kit" from the back of my wardrobe. It's a back pack with two large bottles of water, my wallet, a notebook and pens and edible things.
Then I whip out my samurai swords, keep a journal and try to create a community village-like thing with any other survivors.

Any ways i could improve?

"Judge me by my number of posts, do you?"

-END OF LINE-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:05 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Give the edible things to the zombies. That may keep them off your back a while Wink
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:14 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

The only thing the zombies are going to eat are my samurai swords! Razz

That, or the taste of defeat.

-END OF LINE-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ah, yes. De feet taste quite nice. A little chewy, but otherwise nice!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:30 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

XD De foot.....

-END OF LINE-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:04 am Reply with quote  

I was recently pondering what exactly would I do given my location.

Now happily a strip mall with a Dick's Sporting Goods is only about a mile from my place so conceivably I could get my hands on hunting rifles, bows and all manner of ammo. So I figure I'd be off to a good start, assuming I navigate past the homes and apartments.

Now here is the thing I'm less sure of: pretty much everything is suburbs, downtown residential areas or highway. Now I assume that traveling by car at the start (or any point after) is akin to firing a flare and holding an "eat me sign." So getting out would be tricky. Adding to the problem is that I would likely have to cross a rather large river in order to link up with anyone I know to form a band of survivors (and I think my sense of honor and loyalty would mandate linking up with them if I could determine that they were alive).

Is there any general rule of thumb for roads/areas to travel on/not to travel on?

Anywho this leads me to my main problem of what would be the best way to cross a river? Swim and hope like crazy there is a safe area on the other shore I can get to or use one of the highway bridges? The way I see it I'm not a great swimmer so I won't be super stealthy Navy SEAL and there is a risk of the only zombie free landing being in brush that could be noisy but the bridge obviously will lack cover or means of hiding but will be favorable to allowing more gear to be carried (no risk of drowning). Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Once again, I turn to Cracked.com for help on this subject. In one article, they list five things that sound sensible, but could actually get you killed. Number five is to raid the gun store. In short: everyone else will want to go there, most likely including ones that are already infected; and the shop owner might not take well to a horde of people trying to break in to his shop.

And you're right about using highways and other major lines of travel. Everybody else will likely be using them to get out, leading to a traffic jam - akin to setting up a flare. So that's one general rule of thumb, there.

Instead, it would probably be best to go on foot from the start, into the wilderness. For example, were it to happen, I would go north into the South Downs - a range of hills with a lot of forest for cover. I also know of a few WWII bunkers that we could use as overnight stays (although that same article warns against hunkering down for too long).

I don't know what you could do for the river. The best solution would simply be to get a small inflatable raft before the zombie apocalypse happens.

Personally, the first thing I'm planning on doing is to go to Arundel Castle and stealing a couple of suits of armour. Surprisingly, they don't restrict your movement, and are quite light. It's merely that you get tired more quickly after a certain amount of effort.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:13 pm Reply with quote  

Hmmm so immediately fleeing not exactly the best plan. Do zombies normally break through walls etc. in search of food even if there isn't much/any noise coming from behind that closed door?

And I just loved this part of the article you linked to Life:

"Plus, you've got to think: If there's even the slightest tinge of humanity left in these shambling monsters, a nutshot is still going to at least wind the male ones. There's a limit to what death can take away; ball-sensitivity might still be in play."

I think I have to integrate that concept into a post in the zombie RPG thread at least once Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 7 of 8