New Jedi Order Appreciation Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth-Weeto wrote:
So far im 10% in and it has all been about jacen and vergere so far and im enjoying it. This series is amazing.

The entire book is about them. I think it's amazing that they could focus on only the two characters the entire time and make one of the best books in the EU. Impressive.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:46 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

At the very start of the book it said which characters were in the book and there was only a few like jacen, ganner rhysode, vergere and only a couple more and i thought that cant be right theres no luke, mara or han or any of the other main characters. Obviously i was wrong on that then. Hopefully i will enjoy it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth-Weeto wrote:
At the very start of the book it said which characters were in the book and there was only a few like jacen, ganner rhysode, vergere and only a couple more and i thought that cant be right theres no luke, mara or han or any of the other main characters. Obviously i was wrong on that then. Hopefully i will enjoy it.

Its the best of the NJO overall, and that's saying something.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:04 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Darth-Weeto wrote:
So far im 10% in and it has all been about jacen and vergere so far and im enjoying it. This series is amazing.

The entire book is about them. I think it's amazing that they could focus on only the two characters the entire time and make one of the best books in the EU. Impressive.

Really, personally I found it to be the worst of the series. Granted it doesn't help my opinion when I never liked Vergere and this was about when my opinion of Jacen started crumbling.

The only part I've ever re-read was the ending. Best in the entire Stars Universe.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Just got to Chewie's memorial service (took a break for a few days). It still hurts to read it, I actually felt really sad.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:29 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Caedus_16 wrote:
Darth-Weeto wrote:

I agree. it and Star by Star were the strongest books for me. And Traitor is still one of my most read novels in my entire library. Everytime I read it I came away with some new insight.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:45 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:
Darth-Weeto wrote:

I agree. it and Star by Star were the strongest books for me. And Traitor is still one of my most read novels in my entire library. Everytime I read it I came away with some new insight.

Traitor is one I reread over and over. Star by Star is rough on me, my favorite character dies, but its still a really strong moment.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:20 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Star by star made me feel gutted, i was really sad after reading that book.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Just finished Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial and I gotta say its one of my favorite reads from the series. Han was a character that needed more screen time, and this just continues to prove that. In the previous two books we got a lot of Corran Horn, Stackpole's favorite. Luceno shows his Star Wars canonical knowledge in this by bringing a lot of Han's past into the equation as well as showing that he understands how to write a mourning man acting out, even endangering his family and friends to feel again. It will be one of the better reads from the NJO if I remember the series right.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:07 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I never liked Agents of Chaos. Han's past has never really been all that interesting to me, and Droma was kinda annoying. I much preferred the Dark Tide and Enemy Lines duologies.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

GrandMaster wrote:
I never liked Agents of Chaos. Han's past has never really been all that interesting to me, and Droma was kinda annoying. I much preferred the Dark Tide and Enemy Lines duologies.

I didn't care as much for the Dark Tide books but I'll agree with you on Enemy Lines duology. Han Solo has always been my favorite character though, so it was exciting to me to see him as the main character again.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:47 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Caedus_16 wrote:
I didn't care as much for the Dark Tide books but I'll agree with you on Enemy Lines duology. Han Solo has always been my favorite character though, so it was exciting to me to see him as the main character again.

Enemy Lines was a really great breath of fresh air with all the humor, especially in between the more dramatic, and in some ways tragic, Star by Star and Dark Journey on one side and Traitor and Destiny's Way on the other.

I did enjoy Han later on in NJO and later works, but Agents of Chaos was centered on Han a little too much for my tastes.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:11 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

GrandMaster wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:

Enemy Lines was a really great breath of fresh air with all the humor, especially in between the more dramatic, and in some ways tragic, Star by Star and Dark Journey on one side and Traitor and Destiny's Way on the other.

I did enjoy Han later on in NJO and later works, but Agents of Chaos was centered on Han a little too much for my tastes.

Eh, to each their own. Personally I loved Traitor the most.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus, don't you know that Matt Stover books always go in a class by themselves? They never lumped in with the books penned by mere mortals. Very Happy

Btw, we have a new Stover interview this week on the blog -- his new book, Caine's Law, just came out. here's a link if you're interested.

http://is.gd/jbjwOt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cerrinea wrote:
Caedus, don't you know that Matt Stover books always go in a class by themselves? They never lumped in with the books penned by mere mortals. Very Happy

Ha! True true, Stover books should happen a tad more frequently within the confines of the SW universe Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 4 of 7