Poll! What kind of star wars game would you want to see?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  

What kind of star Wars game would you want to see
FPS
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Star Wars RPG
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll! What kind of star wars game would you want to see?
 PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:29 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

This is for some ideas I have, you guys are a great community and as a inspiring Game designer, I really feel like I should include the community through the whole process of the process of making games from, the conception to the release date. As a community member I see how we the community can have some awesome ideas and want them in the game so here is a poll. I am looking to see what kind of Star Wars game you would want to play. A star wars RPG/free roam similar to the KOTOR but, more similar to The elder scrolls in which you can play with 3 other friends! or an all online epic saga of Boots on the ground FPS! Feel free to vote for which you would like to see along with things you would want to see in it. I am in love with an RPG idea but, I would really love to see what you guys think.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:31 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I'd like an RPG, but not a KOTOR-style RPG, a BEVRPG, with a Chrono Trigger style battle mechanic. And I'd like a big game, I wouldn't want CoD, but with lasers.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:41 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

thanks for the ideas! If i made an FPS it would be more of a tactical warfare in which there are cruisers/tanks and things of that nature. For the Rpg I have this idea of basically you get to pick from tons of the Races in Star Wars, you can pick what type of character you want to be. Basically there is like this, "Trooper, Force User, Bounty Hunter, Smuggler, Politician(Senate), Pilot, Entertainer." Then with those choices you can go to either like the sith or the jedi order. You have choices that can affect your story. Like you can go from a jedi to sith and vice versa. There will be tons of choices you can make and you can even invite your friends to do some quests. Basically you will be given tons of the planets and YOU create your path and story.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:56 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

DarthAmphodil wrote:
Thanks for the greetings everyone! Well I have 2 games I am working on! I have an FPS called Frontlines which is going to be like your online military simulator that meets a action packed movie. If I am able to make my star wars game I am asking around star wars communities and seeing what kind of games people want to see! I have an idea of like an Elder Scrolls RPG star wars game where you and 3 friends can play together. TES has also really impacted me also since I was a child. Or i am thinking of a huge online only FPS in which I came up with a system that will mix storytelling into online matches. But, I am going to make a poll on the forums to see what you guys want along with like things seen in that game.

I like the idea of a TES style game. I wouldn't like a MASSIVE, server-based SWTOR-type game, but the idea of being able to invite friends into your world to trade, check out what you've got, where you've been seems cool.

It would be like if I could invite my friend into my Skyrim world over XBL (or PSN, whatever) so we could update each other's maps, trade items, assist with quests, but there wouldn't be tons of other random people. And it would only work through invite.

And maybe the different classes could have different quests. But how would you incorporate dungeon crawling into Star Wars?

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:07 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

See that is the thing I am thinking about honestly, I mean if you have any ideas? I am going to be including tons of planets you can travel to and stuff of that nature. I am thinking for some like dungeons you will be able for example say I choose to the force user. I have a quest to visit the tomb of Marka Ragnos there I can visit some other tombs and run into like ancient droids. There will also be like faction bases and tons of like abandon mines for players to visit with either NPC companions or friends. I was also thinking like for the trooper class you will be able to partake in some quests that will set up kind of like a COD mission in which like there are many battle scenes and things of that nature. The idea for this to work is like an "instance".

Any ideas you have feel free to throw them out there. All criticism is wanted also.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:32 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I am thinking about making the game under this time period. We have the old republic and things of that nature so I was thinking about exploring the uncharted territory of this time period. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Federation_Triumvirate what do you guys think?[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:29 pm Reply with quote  

My dream would be a Star Wars game using the Skryim model. Something with a lot of freedom.

Runner up would be a Star Wars game using the Mass Effect model.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:54 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Thanks everyone for support i came up with some ideas already their will be total freedom and I even came up with my own side side quest line in which was inspired by the Hunger Games!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:56 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

An a massive RPG, where the possibilities are endless, with a lot of depth like an Elder Scrolls game, but either you can do your own thing or play multiplayer with a very large amount of people.

I'd wait 10 years for it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:07 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'd like an RPG that is a little more teen friendly as my patents don't let me play anything higher than PG (they only just found out that TOR is rated M Razz ). I also love MMOs and games like minecraft where you can just do whatever you want.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:25 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

It's called Star Wars. So I'd love to see some new space simulator games like X-wing/Tie Fighter. I still rank those games as some of the best Star Wars games ever made. Outside of that, I'd like to see a RPG game where you weren't a Jedi or Sith, but someone trying to make it through a war between the two factions, be it as a smuggler, soldier, ect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 1 of 1