Star Wars Kinect
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:47 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

This is ruining SW.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mace Windu wrote:
This is ruining SW.

Really?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:49 am Reply with quote  

Well first off, I don't think this game is really canon, it's fun. And as far as fun factor goes, I think this game might deliver. Not leaps and bounds, but definitely something new.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:57 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

This game looks like it will remind me of the Clone Wars animated series... it drives me crazy but i still watch it(occasionally) just because its star wars.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:14 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Dad's buying the Xbox 360 for christmas because I wanted the game so bad. He said he is getting the special edition one too, the one decorated like R2. So cool! Can't wait to use the force myself! Razz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:59 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Dang. Just been told that the special edition doesn't come out till next year. Double dang, the game isn't out either. But at least we have the Xbox.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:07 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Crash Override wrote:
Mace Windu wrote:
This is ruining SW.

Really?
I was exaggerating, but honestly, when I first saw the title I was interested, but it's just..not good.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

For those of you (still) interested, the UK - and presumably US - release date is set for sometime in April.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:47 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

This'll be out April 3rd. It will feature "Galactic Dance-off Mode" Shocked

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1218132p1.html

I'm so not getting this.

a) I can't afford a Kinect
b) I can stand in a room and wave my arms without spending £450

Do we know whether this'll have its own storyline or whether it'll be just mini-missions and stuff, just do get a feel for the technology?

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:36 am Reply with quote  

It sounds like it's all mini mission stuff. I don't see how being a rancor smashing up Mos Eisley could be a part of the story.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:03 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

It does have a main story mode, everything else is extra stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

DannikJerriko wrote:
This'll be out April 3rd. It will feature "Galactic Dance-off Mode" Shocked

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1218132p1.html

I'm so not getting this.

a) I can't afford a Kinect
b) I can stand in a room and wave my arms without spending £450

Do we know whether this'll have its own storyline or whether it'll be just mini-missions and stuff, just do get a feel for the technology?

All of this same for me.

Plus I watched video of that dance-off thing, its horrible. Leia is the reigning dance champion in Jabba's palace and loves doing it, which means that we're letting kids participate in a crack-whore dance off in a drug den. Also, Han Solo dancing to a Star Wars version of "Ridin' Solo" (already a stupid song) is awful. I hate that Star Wars has now sunk to using SW versions of pop music tacked into games that could have been decent. It completely takes you out of everything and on top of it sinks to a level we didn't think Lucas would stoop to.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Heinous. I just want to wave my arms around and have sh** fly across the screen using "the force". That's why we play TFU -IRL i'm quite fond of those little trashcan droids, contrary to what it seems having me divining starkiller to fling them out the window at every chance.

If I wanted to pay the price of another xbox360 to turn mine into a Wii I'd just buy a Wii instead. The xbox360 is such a piece of crap that I only own it because I got a screaming deal on it from someone desperate to trade it in for, guess what, a Wii. ha.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:59 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Caedus_16 wrote:
It completely takes you out of everything and on top of it sinks to a level we didn't think Lucas would stoop to.

I doubt Lucas knows about this. The details at least

@Walker Both are good. I got an Xbox for Skyrim, and am now expanding. The Wii was awesome for TFU, Goldeneye and some others. As much as I love it and always defend it, it's graphics will always be inferior. Gameplay, however, varies with all consoles.

With all games the graphics are always PC > Xbox 360 > PS3 > Wii. I still love the Wii though.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:02 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Is the Xbox 360 really better (in terms of graphics) than the PS3?

I love my PS3, and would at least rent Kinect Star Wars if there was some kind of Playstation Move port.

Thankfully, my sister-in-law got a Kinect for Christmas, and has offered to let me rent the game and try it out next time I visit.

But I've heard nothing but bad things about this game, so I would never drop more than a few bucks for it. I'm curious, but not "spend much money on it" curious.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Page 3 of 4