Should there be another Season
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
Should there be another Season
 PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:31 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

With all the problems with continuity, and the fact some of the episodes are silly, should there be another season?

Personally, I'd say no since it sounds like Maul will be a big feature. That fact does not make since. Dooku turned on his apprentice (Ventress), with another apprentice (Savage), who turned on Dooku.

Also, the names of some of the characters shows no imagination at all:
Savage Opress/Cad Bane/ Moralo Eval just to name a few.

So, should TCW continue?

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I liked Cad Bane actually. Clint Eastwood as a Duro, kinda cool to me.

And no, it should end soon. Its becoming unrealistic the amount of stuff they can jam into a 3 years in-timeline segment of galactic history, and the show itself is getting convoluted. They're running out of ideas and we get things like Maul coming back (though that was a marketing gimmick) and I think it should never have happened at all personally.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well, we know there is going to be at least one more season:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Clone_Wars%3A_Season_Five

Whether or not I want the show to continue, I have to say I don't. I used to faithfully support this show for the first couple seasons, often saying the continuity gripes weren't that big of a deal, could be explained away etc. However after Maul being brought back to life and the Mortis episodes (I consider Mortis to be the worst addition to Star Wars since Jar Jar Binks), I now think the cost of this show outweighs the benefits. There were some cool arcs, some cool new characters, battles etc. but it's not worth the price of the bad stuff the show has given us.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Last edited by Reepicheep on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:38 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm not sure character names are a good reason to end the show. When has Star Wars been creative with names? Maul, Sidious, Ventress, Grievous. Not the most brilliant villain names ever.

I thought Season 4 was brilliant and a lot of fun. I'd rather be entertained by Star Wars once a week than not.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:41 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I think it should; give them a chance to clean up the mess they made with Maul and other stuff. If they bring him back for like two episodes and do nothing with him, that would be stupid and pointless (even more so than it is already).

Basically; it needs a satisfying conclusion. Otherwise the EU will adopt Ahsoka or Cad Bane, make some cool stories, and then TCW will make a surprise return and mess everything up again.

In summary; yes.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Old Master Ben wrote:
I'm not sure character names are a good reason to end the show. When has Star Wars been creative with names? Maul, Sidious, Ventress, Grievous. Not the most brilliant villain names ever.

I thought Season 4 was brilliant and a lot of fun. I'd rather be entertained by Star Wars once a week than not.

It never has; I saw something on Twitter with the hashtag #ThingsWeWantFromTheSWEU )or something) and they said "A Sith whose name doesn't literally translate into "Murder"" Laughing

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:24 pm Reply with quote  

Personally I think the TCW keeps getting better and better. For those complaining about continuity issues, an end to TCW won't solve anything. It would probably just springboard the live action show, which will have all of the same continuity issues, just in a different time period.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:41 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

One thing I can't understand is how Anakin, Kenobi, and the clone troopers can be frozen in carbonite and then not have blindness from it like Solo did. I know the Jedi can use the Force but, that doesn't explain the clone troopers.

C16: CB was based off Angel Eyes in TGTBTU, not off The Man With No Name (Eastwood's character). Personally, I like Cad Bane too but, his name could use a little work. Lomax would be a good bounty hunter name.

More stories in the EU about Ashoka and Cad Bane would be cool.

Peace loving Mandos--nonsense? And to top it off, a Mando Duchess/Jedi Apprentice romantic couple? Shocked I cheered for DW.

Yes, I agree the Mortis arc was nonsense.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

SidiousThrawn wrote:
One thing I can't understand is how Anakin, Kenobi, and the clone troopers can be frozen in carbonite and then not have blindness from it like Solo did. I know the Jedi can use the Force but, that doesn't explain the clone troopers

They were frozen for a fraction of the time Han was is the first thing that comes to my mind.

And really you guys are just getting way too negative. In fact I'm seeing too much negativity in general on EUC. I'm going to have to get out my rubber bat of positivity and start swinging.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:22 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

*guilty face*

Before now I've always defended TCW, but Mortis is so detrimental that I can no longer keep my optimism.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:56 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I prefer to watch the show by season, rather than episode by episode. I find it flows much better.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:16 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Also:

DannikJerriko wrote:

It never has; I saw something on Twitter with the hashtag #ThingsWeWantFromTheSWEU )or something) and they said "A Sith whose name doesn't literally translate into "Murder"" Laughing

Do any of them? Actually they just mean Darth Bad Guy.

Bane: Ruin

Ruin: Ruin

(In)Sidious: Treachery

Nihil: Nothing

Plague(is): Disease

Cognu(o)s: Knowledge (not so bad)

Vectivus: To carry

Millenial: One thousand years

Cadeus(us): Messanger

Vader: Father

Krayt: large reptilian from Tatooine.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:01 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

If they would be just a wee more careful with the continuity I'd say go for it. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if they kill of Boba Fett and say that the man we see in the OT is an inposter.

SidiousThrawn wrote:
C16: CB was based off Angel Eyes in TGTBTU, not off The Man With No Name (Eastwood's character).

Thats because they were making another bad guy and Eastwood is usually the (relatively) good guy. Well that's just my theory. He looks more Eastwood than Lee Van Cleef to me.
Seriously I can picture him pointing a DL 44 blaster (guess why I used this one Smile ) and use the line: "Dopo mee gusha, peedunkey?" ("Do you feel lucky, punk?")

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:02 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Hogy wrote:
If they would be just a wee more careful with the continuity I'd say go for it. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if they kill of Boba Fett and say that the man we see in the OT is an inposter.

SidiousThrawn wrote:
C16: CB was based off Angel Eyes in TGTBTU, not off The Man With No Name (Eastwood's character).

Thats because they were making another bad guy and Eastwood is usually the (relatively) good guy. Well that's just my theory. He looks more Eastwood than Lee Van Cleef to me.
Seriously I can picture him pointing a DL 44 blaster (guess why I used this one Smile ) and use the line: "Dopo mee gusha, peedunkey?" ("Do you feel lucky, punk?")

Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 2